2014 Jets Schedule

Maxman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did you think I really meant never?....it just seems like they always get us once that's all I meant

a 2 year old 6 game winning streak seemed noteworthy

my brother in law is a bills fan, we have a friendly rivalry going.  I remember collecting a lot of beers from him so I looked it up.

I'm glad I did, I saw some cool stuff. 

the jets have a winning record vs miami

the jets have never beaten the eagles, 0-9

jets are 8-3 vs packers

jets are 8-1 vs vikings

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-york-jets/opponents

REGULAR SEASON

WEEK 1 Sun, 09/07, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS RAIDERS W

WEEK 2 Sun, 09/14, 4:25 PM ET, TV: CBS @ PACKERS L

WEEK 3 Mon, 09/22, 8:30 PM ET, TV: ESPN BEARS W

WEEK 4 Sun, 09/28, 1:00 PM ET, TV: FOX LIONS W

WEEK 5 Sun, 10/05, 4:25 PM ET, TV: CBS @ CHARGERS L

WEEK 6 Sun, 10/12, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS BRONCOS L

WEEK 7 Thu, 10/16, 8:25 PM ET, TV: CBS @ PATRIOTS L

WEEK 8 Sun, 10/26, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS BILLS W

WEEK 9 Sun, 11/02, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS @ CHIEFS L

WEEK 10 Sun, 11/09, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS STEELERS W

WEEK 12 Sun, 11/23, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS @ BILLS W

WEEK 13 Mon, 12/01, 8:30 PM ET, TV: ESPN DOLPHINS W

WEEK 14 Sun, 12/07, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS @ VIKINGS W

WEEK 15 Sun, 12/14, 4:05 PM ET, TV: CBS @ TITANS W

WEEK 16 Sun, 12/21, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS PATRIOTS W

WEEK 17 Sun, 12/28, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS @ DOLPHINS W

11 wins is doable if we have an excellent draft.

Things can change so much between now and week 1 it's pointless to make firm predictions. Last year everyone thought Houston would be SB contender and they ended up having the worst record in the league. What looks brutal now could look not so brutal later.

I got them beating Raiders, Bears, Lions and Chargers. 4-3 in Week 7. The middle of the schedule looks worse to me.

I'm not going to argue and be pessimistic about it because I think any given week the Jets can beat all of those teams, but Jets are not consistent enough to play at the high level necessary to beat those teams in consecutive weeks. I dont think we lose all 7 games but I feel whoever gets the starting QB job at game 1, will lose it after game 7 

Its like the schedule makers were given specific instructions to make it as tough as they could for the JETS. On the other hand the Pats were given every break by the schedule makers.

REGULAR SEASON

WEEK 1 Sun, 09/07, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   RAIDERS  

Not a bad game to begin with. But would have wanted this game just before the Raiders left for London and had something else on their mind. But the Raiders road game before going to London belongs to the Pats.  We still win this one. (1-0)

WEEK 2 Sun, 09/14, 4:25 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ PACKERS  

Tough one. Barring some injuries to the Packs we lose. (1-1)

WEEK 3 Mon, 09/22, 8:30 PM ET, TV: ESPN   BEARS  

MNF game. We have a good chance of winning one of the two between Bears and Lions. I think we win this one at home under the lights. (2-1)

WEEK 4 Sun, 09/28, 1:00 PM ET, TV: FOX   LIONS  

I would have wanted this game late in the season when the conditions are awful. That would have been a great advantage. Instead the Lions go to the Pats later in the season.  I think between Bears and Lions Jets win one and I think this is the one we lose because the conditions are not that awful for the Lions and they are really good at pressuring the QB. (2-2)

WEEK 5 Sun, 10/05, 4:25 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ CHARGERS  

We have won here. A decent chance of winning this one. (3-2)

WEEK 6 Sun, 10/12, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   BRONCOS

Peyton is literally unstoppable in regular season and JETS dont have the talent at DB they once had. We lose. (3-3).

WEEK 7 Thu, 10/16, 8:25 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ PATRIOTS  

Somehow the early season game against the Pats is gone. The last few seasons we have had some success against them in early season games. This one we have 4 days to prepare for this game. People would say Pats got the same deal too. But their previous week opponents are the eternally pathetic Bills. We have the Broncos. Early in the season with a normal week I think the JETS who had two close loses on the road in the past two seasons had a good chance of being prepared to take the Pats on. But no break from the schedule makers so we will not win this one. (3-4)

WEEK 8 Sun, 10/26, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   BILLS  

We win this game. (4-4)

WEEK 9 Sun, 11/02, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ CHIEFS  

This is a loss. (4-5)

WEEK 10 Sun, 11/09, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   STEELERS  

They beat us last season at home too when they were winless in Week 6. I will chalk this as a loss. (4-6)

WEEK 12 Sun, 11/23, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ BILLS  

I dont think Rex will allow any JETS player near Dave and Busters. We win. (5-6)

WEEK 13 Mon, 12/01, 8:30 PM ET, TV: ESPN   DOLPHINS  

Dolphins at home on MNF. We win. JETS fans look at the scenarios in which we can make the playoffs. (6-6)

WEEK 14 Sun, 12/07, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ VIKINGS  

I would have wanted this game to happen earlier in the season because the Vikings would have an rookie QB still finding his feet in the NFL. Would have been a great advantage. But by Week 14 there is a good possibility that QB is settled in and atleast confident of playing at home. And guess who the Vikings are playing in Week 2.  I think this is the one game we always have in our season which we are supposed to win but lose miserably. (6-7).

WEEK 15 Sun, 12/14, 4:05 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ TITANS  

We lost big time the last time we were there last season. So i will chalk that as a loss this time around as well. Unless someone can convince me otherwise. (6-8).

WEEK 16 Sun, 12/21, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   PATRIOTS  

The JETS are officially eliminated. Nothing to lose. We win this one. (7-8)

WEEK 17 Sun, 12/28, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ DOLPHINS    

We win this game. Period. (8-8).

This is my pre-draft view of it. Looks like there is atleast a 2 game swing because of the schedule.

Its like the schedule makers were given specific instructions to make it as tough as they could for the JETS. On the other hand the Pats were given every break by the schedule makers.

REGULAR SEASON

WEEK 1 Sun, 09/07, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   RAIDERS  

Not a bad game to begin with. But would have wanted this game just before the Raiders left for London and had something else on their mind. But the Raiders road game before going to London belongs to the Pats. 

huh ?  so the pats get a break because the raiders will be thinking about london ?

ok

the jets got a break because it is a 1:00 start for a west coast team

huh ?  so the pats get a break because the raiders will be thinking about london ?

ok

the jets got a break because it is a 1:00 start for a west coast team

Didnt know there were closeted Pats fans here.

I think its an advantage when a young team has back back long trips OR might have a two week trip planned and week one of the trip is against an East Coast opponent. They might not be as focused.

WEEK 2 Sun, 09/14, 4:25 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ PACKERS  

WEEK 3 Mon, 09/22, 8:30 PM ET, TV: ESPN   BEARS  

WEEK 4 Sun, 09/28, 1:00 PM ET, TV: FOX   LIONS  

WEEK 5 Sun, 10/05, 4:25 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ CHARGERS  

WEEK 6 Sun, 10/12, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   BRONCOS  

WEEK 7 Thu, 10/16, 8:25 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ PATRIOTS  

WEEK 8 Sun, 10/26, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   BILLS  

WEEK 9 Sun, 11/02, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ CHIEFS  

WEEK 10 Sun, 11/09, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   STEELERS 

4-5.

Yeah, i have them going 4-6 into the bye as well. the stretch of games after the bye is comparitively easier, but they are mostly road games (along with a home game against Miami, who ALWAYS win here) so who knows what might happen...I'd like to think that with an improved offense; we'd be a bit more competitive on the road than we were last year. Need at least 4 wins on the road to even think about the playoffs.

My brain says 7-9, heart says 9-7 and a wildcard

Archived