2014 Jets Schedule

Maxman

Eugene starting and as stays as QB ...... 5-11 ...........top 10 pick

Vick starting and stays as QB.......10-6 .....PLAYOFFS!

Vick starts gets hurt Eugene fills in..... 8-8 mid round pick no playoffs

Sally, you're a silly goose.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL will play three games in London: Dolphins-Raiders on Sept. 28; Lions-Falcons on Oct. 26; and Cowboys-Jaguars on Nov. 9. The Detroit-Atlanta game will kick off at 9:30 a.m. ET in an experiment to test the NFL's audience draw on a Sunday morning

thank god we didn't get london or sunday morning

Weird start time. 6:30 AM here. At first I thought it would be the Sunday we change the clocks back an hour, but that's a week later.

Schedule doesn't matter. We'll win a ton of games if we finally find a way to come out on the right side of the turnover ration. In the past, we've had a terrible time on defense creating turnovers and commit an insane amount of turnovers on offense. Fix that, and this over-achieving team is going to win 10 games no problem. 

Yes. I do believe it is really that simple.

Schedule doesn't matter. We'll win a ton of games if we finally find a way to come out on the right side of the turnover ration. In the past, we've had a terrible time on defense creating turnovers and commit an insane amount of turnovers on offense. Fix that, and this over-achieving team is going to win 10 games no problem.

Yes. I do believe it is really that simple.

100 percent agree, of all the crap we will read and watch in the next 4 months it really will come down to that

I agree that on its face the Schedule looks brutal BUT remember that in 2013 we had

HORRIFIC QB Play

We were not supposed to beat the Falcons, the Pats or the Saints

Our Pass D was Terrible

AND we had no offensive weapons.

AND WE FINISHED 8-8. 8-8 with all that against us.

Now, we have a better core of offensive weapons, we have a real QB competition (Vick v. Smith), our rookie QB is no longer a rook and had a good 4 game end of season swing AND we are working to improve the Pass D.

10-6 is not a stretch and I think we are playoff bound this year.

LL

The defending Super Bowl champs play on the west coast.

So? I'd rather see them than the Cowboys. 

The freakin' Cowboys - a perennial 8-8 team, a team that hasn't had a winning record in 5 years and has won all of one playoff game in the last 20 years, has six, count 'em SIX nationally televised games. At one stretch, we will have to watch the Cowboys play on national TV four straight weeks. 

The defending Super Bowl champions, a team that is infinitely more entertaining to watch - has four primetime, nationally televised games - only one of which is a home game. 

That's ****ed up. 

Pretty much have to survive that first half of the season. Brutal.

If we get through that with 4+ Wins, we'll make the playoffs.

just like 2013 right?    when 5-4 turned into 5-7 during the softer part of the schedule.  

guessing anything with this team is just that, a total guess.   who would have figured that after beating NO this team would go into an offensive funk of epic proportions?    

2013 was weird year for the Jets.   it seemed like they either won the game or were blown out.   they really didn't lose any close games - they just weren't competitive in the losses, regardless of who they played.  

So? I'd rather see them than the Cowboys.

The freakin' Cowboys - a perennial 8-8 team, a team that hasn't had a winning record in 5 years and has won all of one playoff game in the last 20 years, has six, count 'em SIX nationally televised games. At one stretch, we will have to watch the Cowboys play on national TV four straight weeks.

The defending Super Bowl champions, a team that is infinitely more entertaining to watch - has four primetime, nationally televised games - only one of which is a home game.

That's ****ed up.

You're missing the point. It's just logistics. It's not like Seattle especially cares to waste any of its home games on 5:30 Sunday/Monday start times, believe me.

You're missing the point. It's just logistics. It's not like Seattle especially cares to waste any of its home games on 5:30 Sunday/Monday start times, believe me.

No. It's not. 

It's the NFL buying into their own hype machine, pretending that the Cowboys are still somehow relevant.

The Seahawks don't have more home primetime games because they've been crushing people at home the last two years and the networks don't want people turning off blowout games at halftime. The Seahawks average margin of victory at home the last two years is 18.5 points. That is insane by recent NFL standards.

Cowboys suck. Yet the history of the Cowboys continues to feed into the scheduling frenzy.

HOWEVER, remember that the NFL ha added two more weeks to "FLEX"scheduling so that they can adjust the schedule to the teams that are playing well and games that mean more during the season.

Is America screaming for more Cowboys? No. But, they are still relevant..from a history standpoint. However, if the cowboys tank and go 4-12 this year, you KNOW they will not get 4 games next year...maybe 1 or 2 but not 4.

LL

No. It's not. 

It's the NFL buying into their own hype machine, pretending that the Cowboys are still somehow relevant.

The ratings say they are and for TV execs that's really all that matters. Nielson issued a report a few years back and Dallas was something like 25% higher than everyone else. For nationally televised games they're far ahead of everyone else in terms of viewership. Pittsburgh was second obviously, which is equally annoying.

I hate it when the Jets play on Monday night football, it just stresses me out, if the Jets lose, I'd rather see it on Sunday and have it out of my system by Monday morning. We have 3 prime time games but don't be surprised if we get flexed in week 16 to Sunday Night Football against the Patriots, the current game for that date is Cardinals Seahawks, but I think the Cardinals will be out of contention by then.

REGULAR SEASON

WEEK 1 Sun, 09/07, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   RAIDERS  

WEEK 2 Sun, 09/14, 4:25 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ PACKERS  

WEEK 3 Mon, 09/22, 8:30 PM ET, TV: ESPN   BEARS  

WEEK 4 Sun, 09/28, 1:00 PM ET, TV: FOX   LIONS  

WEEK 5 Sun, 10/05, 4:25 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ CHARGERS  

WEEK 6 Sun, 10/12, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   BRONCOS  

WEEK 7 Thu, 10/16, 8:25 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ PATRIOTS  

WEEK 8 Sun, 10/26, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   BILLS  

WEEK 9 Sun, 11/02, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ CHIEFS  

WEEK 10 Sun, 11/09, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   STEELERS  

WEEK 12 Sun, 11/23, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ BILLS  

WEEK 13 Mon, 12/01, 8:30 PM ET, TV: ESPN   DOLPHINS  

WEEK 14 Sun, 12/07, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ VIKINGS  

WEEK 15 Sun, 12/14, 4:05 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ TITANS  

WEEK 16 Sun, 12/21, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   PATRIOTS  

WEEK 17 Sun, 12/28, 1:00 PM ET, TV: CBS   @ DOLPHINS    

W

L

W

W

W

L

L

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

13-3

Division Champs, 2 seed.

I know strength of schedule means nothing in April, but seriously that week 2- week 7 schedule is as bad as it gets. 

5 or 6 wins. .500 with schedule would probably mean Rex could keep his job. It's a very tough schedule.

I'm not going to argue and be pessimistic about it because I think any given week the Jets can beat all of those teams, but Jets are not consistent enough to play at the high level necessary to beat those teams in consecutive weeks. I dont think we lose all 7 games but I feel whoever gets the starting QB job at game 1, will lose it after game 7 

Its like the schedule makers were given specific instructions to make it as tough as they could for the JETS. On the other hand the Pats were given every break by the schedule makers.

4-5.

I think this a brutal schedule....

I think we can finish above .500. But that is a brutal stretch.

That f'ing stretch is brutal. Its not just the first 7 games either, though 4 of the first 7 teams we play were playoff teams last year and the QB's we face are Schuab, Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford, Rivers, Manning & Brady. 6 of the 7 games are against top 10 offenses of last year (#1,#3, #5, #6, #7 & #8). In the next three games we play 1 playoff team from last year in Kansas City, and the QB's are Manuel, Smith & Roethilsberger. We play a top 10 defense from last year (Bills #10). 

The good news is this, if we can go 5-5 or even 6-4 during this run to the bye week. The Jets should go 5-1 the second half of the season and 4-1 in the division. The stretch is brutal, but the Jets can definitely win 5 of these games especially if they're talking about being a playoff team. 5 of the 10 teams are playoff teams with some of the greatest QB's and offenses in the game. We keep talking about "the Jets defense", this year is the year that the "Sons of Anarchy" put in work! 

week 1 raiders opener looks juicy

week 2 at Lambeau real tough but week 4 the dome lions outside at Met Life is a favorable matchup. 2-2 thru 4? 3-1 seems too hopeful.  

if by some miracle they did pick off the bears week 3, they'd probably read their own clippings and drop to the Chargers. So whatever call those two a toss up. 

week 6 peyton at home will be a huge game for this team's season and the whole outlook. If they get waxed it's not gonna be pretty. Rex historically matches up well against Peyton so this is going to be some home underdog action. It's not divisional but it's basically their litmus test. 

week 9 at KC tough place to play (not very winnable) but week 10 at least the JEts aren't going to Pittsburgh this year. Another situation where they will be lucky to split.

december outside in Minnesota, take the under. Beatable but could be a real ugly football game. 

As for the division the less said about NE the better and.. they basically have to sweep BUF and MIA to have any shot at playoffs. 

all in all if this team gets to 9-7 they did a good job. It's not an easy schedule. 

I see 8-8 with Jets being swept by Pats. Revis will shut down whoever he is put up against and Jets offense will bog down. I don't think the Pats are SB material anymore, but they still look better than the Jets. 2015 is the year Iggy is aiming for. I agree that they have to sweep Buffalo and Miami, but I don't see it this year. For some reason the Jets ALWAYS seem to let inferior Buffalo steal a win from them.

Archived