******* Official 2014 Roadtrips thread *******

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, my point was someone said 'got hotel', I assumed they knew 100% they could get tix. I am fearful GB may be a tuf place to get tix..

You can always get tickets to anything on NFL Ticket Exchange. Even up to last minute. You pay, but not terribly.

You can always get tickets to anything on NFL Ticket Exchange. Even up to last minute. You pay, but not terribly.

I know we'll get tickets, the prices because it's the home opener and the fact that it is their only home game in Sept are what scare me

I hate the fact the Broncos game is not in Denver. For some reason i would have preferred that.

I will go for the Chargers and Dolphins games. Maybe the Chiefs game as well but i hate to see my team lose.

and your a f'in Jets fan ??

1290449_o.gif

I know we'll get tickets, the prices because it's the home opener and the fact that it is their only home game in Sept are what scare me

Not a cheap trip, but really a unique and once in at best a decade type event, so it's worth a few extra bucks.  Plus, I can't imagine anything else being all that expensive out there.  Wish I could go.

Not a cheap trip, but really a unique and once in at best a decade type event, so it's worth a few extra bucks.  Plus, I can't imagine anything else being all that expensive out there.  Wish I could go.

Definitely once in a lifetime which is why i've been planning it since the season ended. We knew exactly where we wanted to stay over a month ago, it was just waiting until the schedule came out to book the room.

Like I said early, I figure ill end up spending between $250 and $300 per ticket, but it's all worth it. 

Definitely once in a lifetime which is why i've been planning it since the season ended. We knew exactly where we wanted to stay over a month ago, it was just waiting until the schedule came out to book the room.

Like I said early, I figure ill end up spending between $250 and $300 per ticket, but it's all worth it. 

Absolulty this is a "Bucket List" event.

Chiefs have a very good team and I have been to Arrowhead. That place is freaking loud. If we win there we have a legit team that will go deep into the playoffs. But right now i am just being realistic about it.

I just meant that losing and Jets fan go together. 2014 is my 50th year as Jets fan and hate has been replaced by 'bend over, here we go again' ;)

We'll see. While SD is obviously the nicer trip, because it's just a weekend, KC is appealing in that it is closer, and an earlier game, and I've never been there. Oh, and the ribzzzzz.

I'm going to Kc too. And congrats on what's going on Saturday!

Between two trips this year...

Unfortunately GB is out because it's my soon to be wife's first birthday as a married couple, and there's no way I can spend that day/weekend in Green Bay with my Dad.

Tennessee looks good, but a  little late in the year.  So, it's KC or SD.  Thinking KC is probably going to be the winner.  Not a bad trip.

Congratulations.

Ok, all booked, staying at the Fairfield Inn 2 miles from Lambau (on Marriott points, they wanted $299 per night).  Most decent places are either sold out or charging $250 and up.  Getting in on Saturday at lunch time and leaving ion Monday.  Got tix on StubHub in sect. 125 for $250 each, most tix are pretty expensive but may come down as the initial post schedule flurry dies down.  Hopefully we can have a joebaby extravaganza before the game.

Just waiting to got word back from a client about the GB and KC game weekends. I will be doing one of those games and driving the TGJ circus in tow!

Just waiting to got word back from a client about the GB and KC game weekends. I will be doing one of those games and driving the TGJ circus in tow!

GB would be classic, but KC wouldn't be a bad experience either. We'll wait for the big announcement.

I'm doing Green Bay for sure.  I'll see how the season develops before adding anything else to the list. 

It should be great weather - bring the sticks - Al is.

I'll get with slomoe and we'll plan some stuff out.

BP - SJ - Joe and anybody else who's coming  - there are great places to stay outside of GB and it will be after Labor Day so rates will be good.

I've got a couple lines on good ticket brokers from the local cheese types.

It should be great weather - bring the sticks - Al is.

I'll get with slomoe and we'll plan some stuff out.

BP - SJ - Joe and anybody else who's coming  - there are great places to stay outside of GB and it will be after Labor Day so rates will be good.

I've got a couple lines on good ticket brokers from the local cheese types.

Staying in GB or spending time in GB other than the tail gate and game is HIGHLY overrated  - Wisconsin is a resort haven and a lot of these places will be empty because it's just out of season but the weather should be great.

Staying in GB or spending time in GB other than the tail gate and game is HIGHLY overrated  - Wisconsin is a resort haven and a lot of these places will be empty because it's just out of season but the weather should be great.

UW isn't playing that weekend either. Should keep the fares down.

Archived