******* Official 2014 Roadtrips thread *******

It should be great weather - bring the sticks - Al is.

I'll get with slomoe and we'll plan some stuff out.

BP - SJ - Joe and anybody else who's coming  - there are great places to stay outside of GB and it will be after Labor Day so rates will be good.

I've got a couple lines on good ticket brokers from the local cheese types.

When the time comes let me know I will need 2 -- and I have my room all booked -- see ya on Saturday

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be great weather - bring the sticks - Al is.

I'll get with slomoe and we'll plan some stuff out.

BP - SJ - Joe and anybody else who's coming  - there are great places to stay outside of GB and it will be after Labor Day so rates will be good.

I've got a couple lines on good ticket brokers from the local cheese types.

Cool, hopefully i get word in the next few days so i can figure out my schedule.

My Dad just emailed me that he has a free trip for two through Caesars.  He said anywhere there is a Harrah's hotel nearby we can go and fly\stay for free.  Would just need to buy the tickets to a game.  That sounds like a great way to road trip.

I think there is a Harrah's in KC, I have to look.

That fish dip is ******* good.

Thor was being ignored by the cute bartenders there ( shocking? Eh no ), and he started to get REALLY MAD after about 15 minutes standing there. He kind of looked like bugs bunny trying to talk to the speeding girl rabbit at the dog track. Meanwhile I had no problem getting a drink at all. Actually too many drinks.

Poor Thor

My Dad just emailed me that he has a free trip for two through Caesars.  He said anywhere there is a Harrah's hotel nearby we can go and fly\stay for free.  Would just need to buy the tickets to a game.  That sounds like a great way to road trip.

I think there is a Harrah's in KC, I have to look.

There is a Harrah's in Joliet, IL. Just three hours from GB

There is a hotel that we can get comp'ed at 17 minutes from KC. And 45 minutes from San Diego. Which one should I go to?

You're really going on a road trip? Well for you this is a no brainer. Kc! You will be on cloud 9 with all that BBQ there.

Sd is more fun as a partying trip. But considering you don't party, and you like to eat A LOT, Kc is the easy choice.

You're really going on a road trip? Well for you this is a no brainer. Kc! You will be on cloud 9 with all that BBQ there.

Sd is more fun as a partying trip. But considering you don't party, and you like to eat A LOT, Kc is the easy choice.

If I didn't insult you like 800 times in the past week I would be mad right now.  LOL - I totally deserved that.

I went to KC for a Yankees game, it was the weekend that Mariano Rivera got hurt.  He got hurt Friday night, we went to the game on Saturday.  The area is so blah....but you are right...good BBQ.  No doubt about that.

Wow, 3 hours and 5 minutes.  Interesting.....but that is a long drive after a flight lol.  Probably going to have to pass on that.

San Diego makes a ton of sense.

Wow, 3 hours and 5 minutes.  Interesting.....but that is a long drive after a flight lol.  Probably going to have to pass on that.

San Diego makes a ton of sense.

Ok do SD and GB. just give the babysitter a week off and leave the boat in the marina for a few days

If I didn't insult you like 800 times in the past week I would be mad right now.  LOL - I totally deserved that.

I went to KC for a Yankees game, it was the weekend that Mariano Rivera got hurt.  He got hurt Friday night, we went to the game on Saturday.  The area is so blah....but you are right...good BBQ.  No doubt about that.

What are you talking about? you stalking me on facebook? oh that, ok.

I'm not staying in KC. I'm flying to Omaha (pigsknuckle) Friday to hook up with Bugeater. then I think we're going to stay in St Joes MO Saturday night, go to the game and back to Omaha Sunday night. I'll leave Monday morning. always wanted to go to a game at Arrowhead.

What are you talking about? you stalking me on facebook? oh that, ok.

I'm not staying in KC. I'm flying to Omaha (pigsknuckle) Friday to hook up with Bugeater. then I think we're going to stay in St Joes MO Saturday night, go to the game and back to Omaha Sunday night. I'll leave Monday morning. always wanted to go to a game at Arrowhead.

look for ALK while you're out there. 

Thor was being ignored by the cute bartenders there ( shocking? Eh no ), and he started to get REALLY MAD after about 15 minutes standing there. He kind of looked like bugs bunny trying to talk to the speeding girl rabbit at the dog track. Meanwhile I had no problem getting a drink at all. Actually too many drinks.

Poor Thor

No, you're the cheap ass who kept booze in his room instead of buying it from those horrible bartenders.

No, you're the cheap ass who kept booze in his room instead of buying it from those horrible bartenders.

Hilarious that you call someone who gave you two free tickets to a home opener game against the Patriots a cheap ass.

Also, I'll walk you through slowly so you understand. I was drinking martinis and or shots of Jameson, which I didn't have in my room. So somebody must have served me that.

Douche

Hilarious that you call someone who gave you two free tickets to a home opener game against the Patriots a cheap ass.

Also, I'll walk you through slowly so you understand. I was drinking martinis and or shots of Jameson, which I didn't have in my room. So somebody must have served me that.

Douche

You got a handy in the parking lot, that's not free.

GB and Tenn games are far enough apart that I may try to do both.  Long drive from Philly, but I'll definitely do one.  Sounds like GB is going to be a fair gathering of JN faithful :o)

Green Bay will be awesome. JoeC36, Tabor and I hope to see you there.

For those doing KC, have a great time. That was my back-up plan if GB fell on a weekend JoeC36 and I could not do.

Hope everyone here is doing well.

Green Bay will be awesome. JoeC36, Tabor and I hope to see you there.

For those doing KC, have a great time. That was my back-up plan if GB fell on a weekend JoeC36 and I could not do.

Hope everyone here is doing well.

Hi Joe, 2 sons/I hoping to do GB also.. Let us know what hotel your group is using.. welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Joe, 2 sons/I hoping to do GB also.. Let us know what hotel your group is using.. welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe and I are staying at the Tundra Lodge, 3/4 of a mile from Lambeau Field, but that was sold out by 8:30pm Wednesday.

I know Tabor got a great deal from a place 2-3 miles from the stadium.. He is definitely paying less than we are. I believe he said he's staying at the Days Inn.

We will all definitely have to meet up at the bars.

Joe and I are staying at the Tundra Lodge, 3/4 of a mile from Lambeau Field, but that was sold out by 8:30pm Wednesday.

I know Tabor got a great deal from a place 2-3 miles from the stadium.. He is definitely paying less than we are. I believe he said he's staying at the Days Inn.

We will all definitely have to meet up at the bars.

Ya OK, Tundra sold out for room I need..

Ya OK, Tundra sold out for room I need..

Check out the hotels that are south of the stadium as well as the ones that are east, across the river.

My friend just booked one a room that is next to the airport there. About 5 miles from LF. Still not a big deal to fetch a cab ride or have someone come pick you up.

There should be rooms left in those locations. They range from 2-5 miles outside of the stadium.

Check out the hotels that are south of the stadium as well as the ones that are east, across the river.

My friend just booked one a room that is next to the airport there. About 5 miles from LF. Still not a big deal to fetch a cab ride or have someone come pick you up.

There should be rooms left in those locations. They range from 2-5 miles outside of the stadium.

Mariner Motel across river expedia had some deals 2 miles from stadium -- to me anything with a bar and restaurant is a must.

I really miss tailgating with that young man. what about you, Sullivan?

I really miss tailgating with that young man. what about you, Sullivan?

Haha, thanks guys.

Duane, Max, BP, JoeC, etc all know where to find me! L7. TailgateJoe does a great thing for you guys - something I couldn't even organize and good for him - I have my own thing going on over at L7. Stop by any time.

Hope all is well.

Mariner Motel across river expedia had some deals 2 miles from stadium -- to me anything with a bar and restaurant is a must.

Yeah, Tundra Lodge, where I'm staying, has two bars and a restaurant, but I doubt we frequent it much. Want it hit up as many local bars and restaruants as possible. Places I'm looking forward to the most: Titletown Brewing Co., Holmgren Way, Sideline Sports Bar & a couple hole in the walls about a 1.5 mile from Lambeau - Booze Hounds  being one of them.

Yeah, Tundra Lodge, where I'm staying, has two bars and a restaurant, but I doubt we frequent it much. Want it hit up as many local bars and restaruants as possible. Places I'm looking forward to the most: Titletown Brewing Co., Holmgren Way, Sideline Sports Bar & a couple hole in the walls about a 1.5 mile from Lambeau - Booze Hounds  being one of them.

I'm planning a late night visit to Lombardi's old house and grab some turf ;)

Archived