•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bradley Roby arrested for OVI

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Sully80

Sully80

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

http://www.landgrant...rrested-for-ovi

It's his second arrest in the last 2 years

#2 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

2014 Defensive Rookie Of The Year

• Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

lol The stupidity.

NYJetsScript.gif

#3 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Well maybe his stock will drop now and we can scoop him in the 3rd  

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#4 LAD_Brooklyn

LAD_Brooklyn

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

Former Ohio State cornerback Bradley Roby, a potential first-round draft pick, may have just done something to significantly downgrade his draft stock.

According to 10 News in Ohio, Roby is facing a a charge of OVI, or operating a vehicle under the influence.

The incident took place on April 20, when officers were called to the scene of a person passed out behind the wheel of a car. The officers who responded to the call reported that they couldn’t get the driver’s attention, and that when they opened the door they noticed the odor of alcohol. The driver failed a field sobriety test.

Roby’s agent Michael Perrett gave a different account of the incident to Ohio State sports website ElevenWarriors.com.

“This past weekend my client Bradley Roby was issued a citation in Columbus, Ohio for operating a vehicle while impaired (OVI),” Perrett said in a statement. “Bradley was sitting in his parked car in a parking lot when he was approached and questioned by an officer. He was fully cooperative and willingly submitted to field sobriety and breathalyzer tests. His BAC test registered a negligible .008 and after further testing at the police station, he was very quickly released on his own recognizance. There are no other charges, and we are confident that this matter will be resolved quickly and favorably for Bradley. However, as the matter is still pending, we cannot comment further at this time.”

This isn’t Roby’s first off-field incident. He was also suspended for the first game of last season after he was accused of getting in a bar fight, although criminal charges in that case were eventually dropped.

Roby is one of the 30 players who will attend the NFL draft. This incident means he’s likely going to have to wait a little longer to hear his name called on draft day.

#5 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,976 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

I hope he didn't get the super saver and can get his money back.  Most of these guys are not rocket scientists, but talk about screwing yourself.  Dumb as a fricking stick.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#6 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

******* awesome

#7 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 16,916 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Sounds like he thought he could just sleep it off in the driver's seat outside the bar. We've all been there. Horrible timing, unfortunately.

Edited by RutgersJetFan, 24 April 2014 - 08:27 PM.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#8 brian101193

brian101193

Joe Namath's Son

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationFl

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Sounds like he thought he could just sleep it off in the driver's seat outside the bar. We've all been there. Horrible timing, unfortunately.

That's exactly what it sounds like, I wonder if the car was on and that's why he was charged? 0.008 is nothing, 0.08 is the legal limit. 

#9 CotcheryifyouCan

CotcheryifyouCan

J-E-T-S

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

Sucks for him but at least we don't have to worry about taking him in the 1st.

#10 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

Former Ohio State cornerback Bradley Roby, a potential first-round draft pick, may have just done something to significantly downgrade his draft stock.

According to 10 News in Ohio, Roby is facing a a charge of OVI, or operating a vehicle under the influence.

The incident took place on April 20, when officers were called to the scene of a person passed out behind the wheel of a car. The officers who responded to the call reported that they couldn’t get the driver’s attention, and that when they opened the door they noticed the odor of alcohol. The driver failed a field sobriety test.

Roby’s agent Michael Perrett gave a different account of the incident to Ohio State sports website ElevenWarriors.com.

“This past weekend my client Bradley Roby was issued a citation in Columbus, Ohio for operating a vehicle while impaired (OVI),” Perrett said in a statement. “Bradley was sitting in his parked car in a parking lot when he was approached and questioned by an officer. He was fully cooperative and willingly submitted to field sobriety and breathalyzer tests. His BAC test registered a negligible .008 and after further testing at the police station, he was very quickly released on his own recognizance. There are no other charges, and we are confident that this matter will be resolved quickly and favorably for Bradley. However, as the matter is still pending, we cannot comment further at this time.”

This isn’t Roby’s first off-field incident. He was also suspended for the first game of last season after he was accused of getting in a bar fight, although criminal charges in that case were eventually dropped.

Roby is one of the 30 players who will attend the NFL draft. This incident means he’s likely going to have to wait a little longer to hear his name called on draft day.

Incident took place on 4/20, huh? He probably smoked a bunch of blunts too that night lol. 

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#11 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,871 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Word. Steal in the 3rd now.
Posted Image

#12 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,620 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

Idizik called this in, the man just saved as a full round of cost for the same value

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#13 dundunit

dundunit

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

You'd think that if you're less than a month away from a life changing event in your life you would go out of your way to not go out. Hope that night was worth a few mill, because thats what he just lost. Stupidity like this would have me completely take off my board. If he's dumb enough to make a mistake like this, he will likely do worse in new york. See ya bye

#14 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

Incident took place on 4/20, huh? He probably smoked a bunch of blunts too that night lol. 

True, but 4/20 this year also fell on Easter.  Perhaps he just had too much to eat at a family function. 

#15 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

How stupid can one get. Having two DUI arrests in a couple of years.

HAPPY OCTOBER SKIES!

#16 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

I have a legal question. What is a person supposed to do if they are intoxicated and cannot drive. Wouldnt you sleep it off ? What is a person supposed to do other than that ?

#17 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,733 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:38 AM

I have a legal question. What is a person supposed to do if they are intoxicated and cannot drive. Wouldnt you sleep it off ? What is a person supposed to do other than that ?

Call a cab. Call a friend for a ride (people have $20 million reasons to be friends with this dude, BTW). Or just don't put yourself in a crappy position like that at all, especially (but not only) when you're about to get drafted.

#18 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,261 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

truth is, no test is given for a minimum of 20 minutes to allow for the "mouth alcohol" to dissipate.  this is following the arrest and booking procedure after being stopped, questioned, tested in the field and transported to headquarters for booking.  so most BAC levels are lower than the levels the driver had prior to being stopped.  Beyond that, sleeping in a car would not be an offense.  Sleeping in a running car with the keys in the ignition, would show intent to operate, however.  this is how a DUI would hold up if a driver passed out at a stoplight.  There are parameters.  Roby getting popped twice in a relatively short period of time would indicate he may have a substance abuse issue.  Or he just might be incredibly unlucky.  With millions of dollars on the line, an employer might just take a pass and draft a less risky prospect.  Like one who hasn't been arrested for intoxication on multiple occasions.

#19 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,382 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:30 AM

If you're impaired, in the car, and have the keys in your vicinity you can get a DUI.

#20 GKnight83

GKnight83

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

That's exactly what it sounds like, I wonder if the car was on and that's why he was charged? 0.008 is nothing, 0.08 is the legal limit. 

The car does not have to be running for a person to be charged.  According to the St. Lawrence County DA if a person has possession of the keys to the vehicle that is sufficient enough.  I was taken into custody up in Potsdam sleeping it off in the backseat of my girlfriends car and was arrested.  Fortunately the DA was willing to plea it down to a drunk in public charge and a $65 fine.  His claim was that it was perfectly clear I had no intent of operating the vehicle.  I kind of got lucky because the car was running.  Well, it was -35F outside!  I think he took that into account as well.

#21 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,613 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

http://www.landgrant...rrested-for-ovi

It's his second arrest in the last 2 years

I changed the title to OVI just to match what the article says.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#22 Latinlawyer

Latinlawyer

The JetNation Godfather

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

If you are intoxicated, or feel woozy, do not...i repeat, DO NOT get in the driver's seat of a car. Even if you are parked and have not moved the vehicle, the fact that you have the keys and you could drive can cause you to be issued a summons. Its best to avoid any appearance of intent to drive while intoxicated.  

1) Call a Cab or

2) Call a friend to take you home or

3) Rent a local hotel room and sleep it off.

If you are booked for OVI/DUI/DWI, that could stay on your record and come up at a bad time (EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SEARCH).

Be smart, don't approach your car's driver seat, let someone else drive you home.

LL

Posted Image Fat Head!

#23 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,954 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

shades of justin miller

memba that guy? 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#24 redman81

redman81

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

From what I understand if the keys are within reach( basically anywhere inside the cabin of the car) you can be charged. I've heard if you decide to sleep it off in your car you have to put the keys in the trunk or unhook the neg batter terminal rendering the car "inoperable". Dude should've just called a friend or cab though.

#25 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

truth is, no test is given for a minimum of 20 minutes to allow for the "mouth alcohol" to dissipate.  this is following the arrest and booking procedure after being stopped, questioned, tested in the field and transported to headquarters for booking.  so most BAC levels are lower than the levels the driver had prior to being stopped.  Beyond that, sleeping in a car would not be an offense.  Sleeping in a running car with the keys in the ignition, would show intent to operate, however.  this is how a DUI would hold up if a driver passed out at a stoplight.  There are parameters.  Roby getting popped twice in a relatively short period of time would indicate he may have a substance abuse issue.  Or he just might be incredibly unlucky.  With millions of dollars on the line, an employer might just take a pass and draft a less risky prospect.  Like one who hasn't been arrested for intoxication on multiple occasions.

Thanks for explaining it.

It defies logic. My car. If I am in the passengers seat taking a nap where does driving part come in.

I have done that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users