Pauline Reporting That Rex Is All Over Tajh Boyd

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Us gnomes got together on GChat and decided to use this article to further the fictional narrative that Rex is a buffoon.

Is it really that slow in the sports world that you have to harp on him for liking a third day developmental QB who could be our backup? Rex was also reported to really liked Sammy Watkins as well, I haven't heard you talk about us trading up for him based off of that.  I'm not sure if you've finished your 7 round mock yet, but did you really have big plans for our three 6th rounders that Boyd would hamstring?

Is it really that slow in the sports world that you have to harp on him for liking a third day developmental QB who could be our backup? Rex was also reported to really liked Sammy Watkins as well, I haven't heard you talk about us trading up for him based off of that.  I'm not sure if you've finished your 7 round mock yet, but did you really have big plans for our three 6th rounders that Boyd would hamstring?

You kill Tom's shtick, you kill Tom. I need him alive.

Dude, seriously, I get it. While the comments are clearly meant to be tongue in cheek, it's in every thread that even mentions Rex. It's about one or two years removed from even sniffing at funny. I get that JN likes to beat a dead horse, but christ.

Rex isn't dead...........................................

Dude, seriously, I get it. While the comments are clearly meant to be tongue in cheek, it's in every thread that even mentions Rex. It's about one or two years removed from even sniffing at funny. I get that JN likes to beat a dead horse, but christ.

Who was making jokes? The idea that Rex would want to hand a roster spot to a universally reviled QB prospect as a means to enhance his son's status in the Clemson locker room is disgusting. As if the fact that he got his son a spot on the Clemson roster isn't laughable enough.

Now you're missing the point of my comments about you missing the point. No one could possibly care less that Rex likes some sh*tty player we might spend a 6 on. What some of us care about is the fact that for the third year in a row, Rex has basically told a player we're planning on drafting him and then trusted said player to keep it to himself.

Simply, unless you're drafting a DL, Rex should not be allowed in the War Room. The man burned picks on Scotty McKnight and John Conner, for Chris's sake. Rex approaches roster-building like he's putting together the gnarliest frat house on campus.

The Conner pick was good because it helped HBO. 

Rex needs to be in the war room in case they are drafting a CB as well.

Nah, not really. It's a complete non-story that is based on something Boyd said, without even quoting him and yet it goes three pages of whining.  Players and OCs say this sh*t all the time: "boy, we'd really love to have you on the team if things fall properly." Hardly incendiary material there.  And not for nothing, but the fact that Boyd has a similar playing style to Geno and Vick would make him a decent selection on the third day to groom as a backup. Same as Logan Thomas who they have worked out.

Boyd would be the back up to the back ups back up......back da f*** up

Thought I remembered it being Irvin. And Austin last year.

I'm not going to argue; if my memory is bad on it then it's bad. But it seems to be the same as the memory others have as well.

Reality is not subject to popular vote. They're wrong and you're wrong and it totally undermines the point you're trying to make. You claimed Rex tipped our interest in Irvin and that as a result we didn't get Irvin, when what in fact happened was that Rex tipped Coples and we got Coples. Your premise and conclusion are both wrong and that's why you're not going to argue.

Reality is not subject to popular vote. They're wrong and you're wrong and it totally undermines the point you're trying to make. You claimed Rex tipped our interest in Irvin and that as a result we didn't get Irvin, when what in fact happened was that Rex tipped Coples and we got Coples. Your premise and conclusion are both wrong and that's why you're not going to argue.

Yeah, that was what I'd said.  I remembered there being something about Irvin at the time of the draft (just after Seattle took him). It was also the memory of others.  If that was wrong it wasn't a big deal.  But lol at you trying to put me in my place after I freely admitted I don't remember it well enough to argue it.

And it doesn't totally undermine my premise and conclusion anyway.  First, it reportedly occurred just last year with Austin, and then someone coincidentally traded up in round 1 to the slot ahead of us.  Second, my conclusion, if you pride yourself on being able to understand the significance of a concluding paragraph, was that there is no benefit to the Jets.  Unless the prospect is going to sabotage his meetings with every other team because he only wants to get drafted by the Jets and a higher first round pick is willing to gamble dropping significantly in the draft (yeah, right), then it can only do us harm.  

So if he mentioned something to Coples about being our pick if still there, it merely means one of two things: (1) it's dumb luck Coples (and his agent) didn't blab this to others before the draft; or (2) Coples didn't necessarily keep it to himself, but those drafting ahead of us were happy to take someone else instead of him. (i.e. Seattle liked Irvin better than they liked Coples, and no one felt he was worth the cost to trade ahead of us).  The latter seems more likely to me, but it really doesn't matter.

The point, again, is the Jets gain nothing from Rex telling this to a player before the draft.  It can only do harm.  The upside is that it will have a minimal "Wow, Rex told me the truth!" benefit - a benefit that evaporates after the first practice - at the risk of losing the player outright.  Besides, it doesn't even mean that anyway; it merely means any player they had ranked ahead of Coples didn't tumble further than he did.  It's the same thing it would mean without any of these totally unnecessary pre-draft comments.

So if you want to play, do tell us all of the massive benefits to the Jets that outweigh the potential harm.  That was my point, and you said it was undermined.  So tell me how there is no downside, and how the Jets benefit from this practice more than the absence of it. 

I am giddy with anticipation.

Who was making jokes? The idea that Rex would want to hand a roster spot to a universally reviled QB prospect as a means to enhance his son's status in the Clemson locker room is disgusting. As if the fact that he got his son a spot on the Clemson roster isn't laughable enough.

Universally reviled? If he was universally reviled as you claim, he wouldn't be projected to be drafted at all. He's projected in the fifth. 

Yeah, that was what I'd said.  I remembered there being something about Irvin at the time of the draft (just after Seattle took him). It was also the memory of others.  If that was wrong it wasn't a big deal.  But lol at you trying to put me in my place after I freely admitted I don't remember it well enough to argue it.

And it doesn't totally undermine my premise and conclusion anyway.  First, it reportedly occurred just last year with Austin, and then someone coincidentally traded up in round 1 to the slot ahead of us.  Second, my conclusion, if you pride yourself on being able to understand the significance of a concluding paragraph, was that there is no benefit to the Jets.  Unless the prospect is going to sabotage his meetings with every other team because he only wants to get drafted by the Jets and a higher first round pick is willing to gamble dropping significantly in the draft (yeah, right), then it can only do us harm.  

So if he mentioned something to Coples about being our pick if still there, it merely means one of two things: (1) it's dumb luck Coples (and his agent) didn't blab this to others before the draft; or (2) Coples didn't necessarily keep it to himself, but those drafting ahead of us were happy to take someone else instead of him. (i.e. Seattle liked Irvin better than they liked Coples) and no one felt he was worth the cost to trade ahead of us.  The latter seems more likely to me, but it really doesn't matter.

The point, again, is the Jets gain nothing from Rex telling this to a player before the draft.  It can only do harm.  The upside is that it will have a minimal "Wow, Rex told me the truth!" benefit - a benefit that evaporates after the first practice - at the risk of losing the player outright.  Besides, it doesn't even mean that anyway; it merely means any player they had ranked ahead of Coples didn't tumble further than he did.  It's the same thing it would mean without any of these totally unnecessary pre-draft comments.

So if you want to play, do tell us all of the massive benefits to the Jets that outweigh the potential harm.  That was my point, and you said it was undermined.  So tell me how there is no downside, and how the Jets benefit from this practice more than the absence of it. 

I am giddy with anticipation.

kickintheass.gif

All i want to know is how does Boyd compare to recently retired Greg McElroy.

And can he be the snitch Mehta has so desperately being missing since McElroy's departure.

Boyd makes Greg Mc look  like marino!  NO THANKS 

I want to know the amount of people who actually watch games and not just read the latest on what Kiper or McShay say about a prospect. If its a 6th round pick I say NO QUESTION. Even if its a 5th round pick, I wouldnt be outraged. 

I really wish the NFL didn't move back the draft date. because this would be a non story right now. I dont know why they moved it back.

Because Goodell has to F with everything.

The draft was the best starting on Saturday, going rounds 1 - 3 and then concluding on Sunday. The only positive I see moving to May is that gives teams more time to prepare for the draft.

Archived