Vick to wear # 8

Maxman

Michael Vick announced on Instagram that he will wear # 8 with the New York Jets.  His Instagram followers seemed to like the move because he received over 6,000 likes in the first 45 minutes.

Here is the photo he used with the post on Instagram.

vick_instagram.png

Numbers are important. Jerome Barkum wouldn't have been Jerome Barkum if he wasn't number 83, or Wesley Walker 85. I still remember phone numbers by the Jersey numbers of Jets. Of course in those days, players hung around for awhile, so their number was forever etched in your memory. You can forever see Richard Caster's 88 flying downfield, or Emerson Boozers 32. In these days of rent-a-player, it doesn't work so well. What was Revis' number?

16 for 31 for 156 yards, 5.0 ypa and a one to one interception ratio was enough huh? Don't know what the Jets didn't see in that game. Fools.

I'm not a stat guy so i could careless about his numbers from that one bs game...the potential is there w Simms....if he would have received the same amount of opportunity as Geno did last season he would have out performed him. 

I'm not a stat guy so i could careless about his numbers from that one bs game...the potential is there w Simms....if he would have received the same amount of opportunity as Geno did last season he would have out performed him. 

Povero Matt Simms!  Better than Geno, but he does not get the opportunity.  I'm sure lack of opportunity is the reason he couldn't get starts over Brian Brohm, Hunter Cantwell, Tyler Bray and Justin Worley.  This is some elaborate conspiracy that has been keeping him down.

Archived