[DPR Mafia] Dia de Muerto - signups for May 12th start.

DPR

No problem.

For what it's worth I changed boards because I need activity and don't want to do replacements or subs. The Scooby game sucked because I allowed that stuff and quickly regretted it. A quick look at recent games on DM was enough to see that inactivity is still a problem. 

I also owed JN a sweet game - I haven't modded here since Jaws.

As far as the back and forth goes, it happens. I've never censored much as a mod and folks usually keep it on the level. Meltdowns and burnouts are part of the deal and can be dealt with. It's all part of the game.

The DM players weren't that bad - it was just kind of funny because the players that have complained the most about trash talk were the first to jump in. 

Regardless, do what works for you.

Indeed, sir, yes indeed.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DPR I love your games but I am going to back out of this one. Sorry dude. The people on DM were jerks about it and you didn't want to host there. Now the people here are being dicks and I am just not up for a game that has this much negativity in a sign-up thread.

Didn't take you for the sensitive type. How people really take this that seriously is beyond me. You're letting obviously trumped up ball busting from people you'll never meet affect you. Sure I've gotten worked up but never enough to let it linger for more than 10 minutes. Oh well.. some people like sunshine and rainbows.. I prefer e-anarchy.

Didn't take you for the sensitive type. How people really take this that seriously is beyond me. You're letting obviously trumped up ball busting from people you'll never meet affect you. Sure I've gotten worked up but never enough to let it linger for more than 10 minutes. Oh well.. some people like sunshine and rainbows.. I prefer e-anarchy.

your a dick

Don't have to be overly sensitive to not want to be in a toxic environment with a bunch of buzzkills.

I've never considered it toxic. This is the site where they practice GOOD sportsmanship, something that is sadly lacking on DM. Just my two cents....

Really?  Cuz the Despo vs. Ape crap in this thread made me want to puke.

I think it's the result of a lot of unfriendly attitudes towards Ape and JN in general.

I think it's lingered from games that JN people have played on DM as well as that spidey invasion.

Whenever JN was brought up even in passing Des and sometimes others would make really nasty remarks that I'm sure Ape didn't even see a lot of.

Others, who never even spent any time at JN or around the people here would echo those sentiments without even really knowing who or what it is they're talking crap about. At some point that sh*t will hit a boiling point and I think we finally saw it. I don't think this was just big bad Ape being a dick.

Not really.  Just the Ape being a bit more dickish than usual.

Really?  Cuz the Despo vs. Ape crap in this thread made me want to puke.

Jesus Wombat, shut up.

Despo has been dishing sh*t out towards me since the stupid chimpions game which YOU nominated me to go play. He dished out a ton. I finally started giving it back. It carried over here, because he came here smart mouthing more. Don't act as if his back-handed bullsh*t was some sort of humble attempt to clear the air. He came over here to make believe he was giving JN another shot, but he immediately acted like a dick, so that he'd be run off ... so he could go right back to DM and say "I guess I was right all along, see".

It was about as transparently manipulative as it gets.

Just like the way you've been rocking the "yes, the Ape IS a dick" undertone for several months, I've been watching you leverage it into elevated DM hero status. Good for you, but if you want to win people over do it on the merits of your own character... don't trash me in order to gain favor from people, which is exactly what I've seen you doing. 

I think it's the result of a lot of unfriendly attitudes towards Ape and JN in general.

I think it's lingered from games that JN people have played on DM as well as that spidey invasion.

Whenever JN was brought up even in passing Des and sometimes others would make really nasty remarks that I'm sure Ape didn't even see a lot of.

Others, who never even spent any time at JN or around the people here would echo those sentiments without even really knowing who or what it is they're talking crap about. At some point that sh*t will hit a boiling point and I think we finally saw it. I don't think this was just big bad Ape being a dick.

When people from JN have gone there and messed their games up, I've kept myself out of it. Anyone rocking an agenda against me over there has been whipped up into a frenzy by Wombat and anyone else who is sympathetic to people like Cindy and Christine who have come here taken a dump on our community and the rest of the JNers all looked to me to run them off. You should have seen my PM box when that crap was going on, I was doing the dirty work of the masses.

Wombat in particular has grown so passive/aggressive towards me it's kind of makes me feel silly for regulating the extent to which he got picked on way back when. 

People like Wombat and Des are dumping on JN and its peeps because the other herp-a-derps on DM fawn all over them for sticking up for DM, when they do it. It's pretty transparent, they have created a Lord of the Flies metaphor between the two sites... Ape is Jack and the rest of JN is his horde of animals, and Wombat, Des are playing the roles of the sanctimonious Ralph and Piggy. It's exactly the pretense that the rest of DM needs in order to feel good about where they spend their time and which "tribe" they are in. 

Jesus Wombat, shut up.

Despo has been dishing sh*t out towards me since the stupid chimpions game which YOU nominated me to go play. He dished out a ton. I finally started giving it back. It carried over here, because he came here smart mouthing more. Don't act as if his back-handed bullsh*t was some sort of humble attempt to clear the air. He came over here to make believe he was giving JN another shot, but he immediately acted like a dick, so that he'd be run off ... so he could go right back to DM and say "I guess I was right all along, see".

It was about as transparently manipulative as it gets.

Just like the way you've been rocking the "yes, the Ape IS a dick" undertone for several months, I've been watching you leverage it into elevated DM hero status. Good for you, but if you want to win people over do it on the merits of your own character... don't trash me in order to gain favor from people, which is exactly what I've seen you doing.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States

When did it get toxic?

Did I miss a lot of drama?

It's not toxic. Wombat, as per his current agenda, is exaggerating it. He's got a role as the derp-people's champion to uphold. I wish he'd stop, but whatever, even a turkey has to spread its wings I suppose.

No more than usual. Just the ape biting strangers. We actually had 3 pretty fun games in a row.

The past number of games since we've started back up have all been fun. This isn't even about biting strangers, it's carry-over from Despo dishing it out on other sites... and let's be realistic, I'm not even being that defensive here. I can recall situations in the past where you've PMed me to beg me to chase off people like Cindy and Christine. Don't ask me to do the dirty work and then throw me under the bus.

It'd be a shame for petty drama to overshadow one of the best games we will get a chance to play around here for awhile

Better to have the drama in the sign-up thread, than in the game itself, tbh

Despo didn't come here to really play in the game. He came for the reasons I stated above. Wombat is my buddy, I love him like I do the rest of teh mafia goodness pals here, but he goes through periods of being upset with me and he flourishes taking shots at me. I don't mind, he eventually works it out and settles back down.

It's not toxic. Wombat, as per his current agenda, is exaggerating it. He's got a role as the derp-people's champion to uphold. I wish he'd stop, but whatever, even a turkey has to spread its wings I suppose.

The past number of games since we've started back up have all been fun. This isn't even about biting strangers, it's carry-over from Despo dishing it out on other sites... and let's be realistic, I'm not even being that defensive here. I can recall situations in the past where you've PMed me to beg me to chase off people like Cindy and Christine. Don't ask me to do the dirty work and then throw me under the bus.

Haha.. never once have I asked you to chase off anyone. I've complained about certain people like some pms I've received from others but never have I asked you to brow beat anyone. No need for exaggerations.

Better to have the drama in the sign-up thread, than in the game itself, tbh

Despo didn't come here to really play in the game. He came for the reasons I stated above. Wombat is my buddy, I love him like I do the rest of teh mafia goodness pals here, but he goes through periods of being upset with me and he flourishes taking shots at me. I don't mind, he eventually works it out and settles back down.

Well, you confirmed my suspicions at least. I wondered myself if it was nothing more than some martyrdom. I probably wouldn't have mentioned it if you didn't point it out.

Anyway. I'd suggest we don't harp on it. Those ******* pussies lurk the sh*t out of this site, let's not give them the performance their pimple faced, sexually frustrated asses want. The bad eggs are gone for now. Let's get psyched to play.

Archived