WHAT IF WE GET CLOWNEY

JetsRAGE

THINK ABOUT THIS.... CLOWNEY, RICHARDSON, WILKERSON, COUPLES, HARRISON, DAVIS, HARRIS...

That is a crazy front 7!!!!!  How do we do it... Give up our 1st rdr, 2nd rdr and 1st 4th rdr this year, 1st and third rdrs in 2015, and 2nd in 2016 to Houston for the 1st over all pick and Jonathan Joseph. Draft Clowney

This would create scenario above and shore up CB position.  We will still have same safeties for this year.  But we can still get a WR in the third and get a development CB with our other 4th rounder and then  Get a TE, OL, and Safety later on in the draft with the rest of our picks. We will still have 9 picks left after selecting clowney

We would be set in our Front 6 for at least next 4 years.  Harris will be gone next

year but we will have tons of money still for free agency next yea to and we will get some more comp picks.

Want to keep cap down and build big... this could be the way to go.  Thoughts?

Give up our 1st rdr, 2nd rdr and 1st 4th rdr this year, 1st and third rdrs in 2015, and 2nd in 2016 to Houston for the 1st over all pick and Jonathan Joseph. Draft Clowney

Seems a bit exorbitant given Idzik's recent negotiations.  

Well, thank you for signing up.  I am not going to comment on the post though, lol.

I yet you just did.  Sure the post is dreamy, but lets be honest.  The Jets need to build something great to be great.  They get close (1998) and then fall way back because they have never built anything sustainable.  I hate to give the giants credit but didnt they do that when the had Strahan, Kiwaunuka, umenyiora, tuck, and then continued with Paul....  I am sure Idzik wont do it but something great needs to be done.  MO and Richard are a start but we need a lot more.  Hey go offense, but when was the last time we hit on an Offensive star.. Keyshawn... and lets be honest there  how great really was he.  Chrebet was the true WR that carried us.  He was the original Wes Walker.

Seems a bit exorbitant given Idzik's recent negotiations.  

yeah I know but it is a thought.  I just dont see us staying or moving back and having a great draft.  Yes the draft is deep, but that is another way of saying there are not that many stars!!!! Otherwise so many teams would not be looking to move back.   This will be the 2nd year in a row that the QB class is horrible.  So we should try and take advantage of those teams wanting to move back.... My only other suggestion would be to drop down and get more picks... I think we can trade with Cleveland for their 2nd # 1 and pick up an extra third.

I yet you just did.  Sure the post is dreamy, but lets be honest.  The Jets need to build something great to be great.  They get close (1998) and then fall way back because they have never built anything sustainable.  I hate to give the giants credit but didnt they do that when the had Strahan, Kiwaunuka, umenyiora, tuck, and then continued with Paul....  I am sure Idzik wont do it but something great needs to be done.  MO and Richard are a start but we need a lot more.  Hey go offense, but when was the last time we hit on an Offensive star.. Keyshawn... and lets be honest there  how great really was he.  Chrebet was the true WR that carried us.  He was the original Wes Walker.

Wesley Walker came before Chrebet and was a helluva lot better. 

yeah I know but it is a thought.  I just dont see us staying or moving back and having a great draft.  Yes the draft is deep, but that is another way of saying there are not that many stars!!!! Otherwise so many teams would not be looking to move back.   This will be the 2nd year in a row that the QB class is horrible.  So we should try and take advantage of those teams wanting to move back.... My only other suggestion would be to drop down and get more picks... I think we can trade with Cleveland for their 2nd # 1 and pick up an extra third.

I would trade the #18 to Cleveland for (not their other first round pick) but, their second round pick (#35) and both of their third rounders (71, 83).

I know, we miss out of having a selection in the first round.  But we pick up three picks in the belly of this draft's sweet spot.  

I would also trade with SF; our #18 and change,  for their #30 and their two earliest third-rounders (77, 94). 

Archived