Kyle Fuller

F.Chowds

Look I don't pretend to "watch a bunch of tape" on all these players . But just like the Jets don't miss any Tech games. I watch Brandon Flowers put in work for 3 years and Fuller is better. 

So I am banging the table (figuratively) for him and just to go on record to say he will be the best corner in this draft class.

Versus Alabama this year...

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/kyle-fuller-vs-alabama-2013/

Fuller's been catching steam for a while. There's some shot he is the first or second CB taken. VT DBs have been on a good run going back to Hall. Hall, Flowers, and Chancellor are standout NFL talents. Jimmy Williams sucked THO.

The Jets are looking for whoever is left out of Gilbert, Dennard and Fuller and it wouldn't be shocking if Fuller went first 

fwiw I want to predict Gilbert at 18. Just cause he should have gone earlier etc etc.

on the WR side it could be beckham but in my mind it's those two names.

Dennard should be gone, probably 15 to PIT.  Maybe COoks is a safety school pick (worst case) 

Look I don't pretend to "watch a bunch of tape" on all these players . But just like the Jets don't miss any Tech games. I watch Brandon Flowers put in work for 3 years and Fuller is better. 

So I am banging the table (figuratively) for him and just to go on record to say he will be the best corner in this draft class.

Versus Alabama this year...

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/kyle-fuller-vs-alabama-2013/

That breakdown was very impressive.

It's worth noting that he was covering Amari Cooper in that game, (Walter's highest rated draft-eligible WR in 2015; slated as a top-5 pick).  

Fuller is fun to watch and has the movement skills to warrant a high first round pick.  I'd be thrilled if we added him to our secondary and picked up a safety with wheels in the early 3rd (Lamarcus Joyner, the next Ed Reed).  

What does that mean?

it means if top 3 CBs are gone and  top3 WR are gone, chances are Brandin Cooks will be there

worst case scenario 

The Jets should pick in this order for the 1st round.   

1.Dennard

2.Gilbert

3.Fuller

4.Beckham

5.Cooks 

Ebron being there still at 18 throws a wrench into this though.

great list but Ebron strikes me as one of the most overrated players in this draft class. He's got a troubling drop rate.

great list but Ebron strikes me as one of the most overrated players in this draft class. He's got a troubling drop rate.

Yea i was a big advocate of him earlier on.  Probably more bc of his highlight videos on youtube lol but Ive heard a lot of neg press with his diva attitude and like u say, the high drop rate.  I still think if he is there the Jets may go for him.....but hopefully they wouldnt pick him over a Dennard or Gilbert.  Clearly CB is a bigger need than TE.

That breakdown was very impressive.

It's worth noting that he was covering Amari Cooper in that game, (Walter's highest rated draft-eligible WR in 2015; slated as a top-5 pick).  

Catching passes from high 2nd rounder AJ McCarron and as you saw he NOT afraid to stick his nose in there against the run

He's the only CB I would consider at 18. I'm going to have to pass on Dennard although I like his size and Gilbert who moves extremely well if they're still available at 18. If we're to trade back I would like Roby and the kid from TCU but this kid Fuller is my type of guy. He should also be able to play safety if it's necessary to get your best talent on the field or at least later on in his career.

Catching passes from high 2nd rounder AJ McCarron and as you saw he NOT afraid to stick his nose in there against the run

I agree.  The only thing I can see I didn't like much is he seems to have a bit of trouble getting his head turned around to the ball.

All in all, very impressive against an excellent team.

If Detroit Lions draft a cornerback, Kyle Fuller could be considered

AP166508075023.jpgCornerback Kyle Fuller is sneaking up the NFL draft boards.

Since the NFL Combine in February, most of the debate on who is in the best corner in the draft has focused on Darqueze Dennard (Michigan State) and Justin Gilbert (Oklahoma State).

Both are good, no doubt.

Fuller got the nod as the top corner from NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock during a conference call on Thursday.

“Kyle Fuller is one of my favorite players in the whole draft,’’ Mayock said. “What's interesting about the corners is that most of the personnel guys have (Bradley) Roby and (Justin) Gilbert as their highest-rated corners just because they have better movement skills. Most of the coaches like Fuller and Dennard because they're better football players today. You know what you’re getting. Fuller is my No. 1 corner, first-round corner.’’

Fuller is one of several defensive backs who have had pre-draft visits with the Lions. That also includes Dennard, Gilbert and Roby.

It’s possible the Lions could draft a cornerback with their 10th overall pick, or they could trade down a few spots and possibly nab one of these four corners.

Kyle Fuller is intriguing. His brother Corey, a wide receiver, was selected by the Lions in the sixth round of last year’s draft. Corey Fuller was a track athlete who made the move to football and played just two seasons in college, so was still raw and spent the season on the practice squad.

Their older brother, Vincent, played safety for six seasons for the Tennessee Titans (2005-10) and one game for the Lions (2011). Younger brother Kendall was a freshman this season. All the Fullers attended Virginia Tech.

Mayock isn’t the only analyst who likes Fuller.

"I think that his instincts and recognition skills are very good. He’s calm. He doesn't get rattled, when you study him on tape,’’ ESPN’s Todd McShay said in a conference call on Tuesday. “He knows when to take a chance and when to gamble and when not to. And his ball skills are outstanding. Excellent ball awareness, tracks the ball well, 38- inch vertical jump, plucks the ball away from his frame, confident hands, is confident going when he attacks the football."

McShay is also impressed by his tackling skills.

“That is one thing I’m starting to value more and more. It’s not just run support but after the catch. Teams are throwing more screens, more underneath stuff, quick hitters, than ever before in the NFL. And with these spread offenses and a lot of the shorter throws, you’ve got to be able to tackle as a cornerback,’’ McShay said. “And there are some guys in this draft that don’t. And it scares me. And Kyle Fuller is one of the guys who really excels in that area.’’

Speed had been a concern for Fuller who is coming off sports hernia surgery in November. But he ran a 4.49 40-yard dash at the Combine.

The draft begins at 8 p.m. Thursday with the first round. There seems little doubt now that Kyle Fuller will be a first-round selection.

Nah. Id rather Beckham over all the cornerbacks. but if he is gone, Id rather Dennard or GIlbert over Cooks. I dont think Fuller is that special, certainly not a top half of the first round special. But hey, Im no Mayock

The Jets should pick in this order for the 1st round.

1.Dennard

2.Gilbert

3.Fuller

4.Beckham

5.Cooks

Ebron being there still at 18 throws a wrench into this though.

souunds like a great plan, then maybe next year we can take pj Williams another cb over A Cooper. WR , and have drafted 4 cbs in the first rd in 6 years.

Let's just keep drafting cbs because that's what Rex says u need. Worked out so well for so many other Super Bowl champions.

If u watched any Va Tech games this year, it was Kendall, not Kyle Fuller who jumps off the screen.

I live 15-20 min from lane stadium and have BEEN to plenty of games in Blacksburg this year and have not missed a tech game either live or on TV in 7 years. So while yes his brother is outstanding Kyle had a great  year and we will be revisiting this thread when he balls out in the league. 

ok sure...

lol I can look up highlight videos too. Ive watched full VTech games so that video doesnt change my mind, theres a reason they're called highlight videos. Its not that I dont think he is good, its just that I think Dennard and Gilbert are better. I also think Beckham is a greater value player at 18 than Fuller. But anyways, I wouldnt be so upset if they went with Fuller if Dennard and Gilbert were gone. 

The Jets are looking for whoever is left out of Gilbert, Dennard and Fuller and it wouldn't be shocking if Fuller went first 

fwiw I want to predict Gilbert at 18. Just cause he should have gone earlier etc etc.

on the WR side it could be beckham but in my mind it's those two names.

Dennard should be gone, probably 15 to PIT.  Maybe COoks is a safety school pick (worst case) 

If it came down to WR's I would take Beckham before Cooks. Cooks is small - only 5'8" and is only a tenth of a second faster than Beckham who is 6'1". I'm still praying that one of these CB's of Hashean Clinton-Dix falls to 18.

lol I can look up highlight videos too. Ive watched full VTech games so that video doesnt change my mind, theres a reason they're called highlight videos. Its not that I dont think he is good, its just that I think Dennard and Gilbert are better. I also think Beckham is a greater value player at 18 than Fuller. But anyways, I wouldnt be so upset if they went with Fuller if Dennard and Gilbert were gone. 

You said he was not special. well here is quite a few "special" plays. Watch the Alabama game that I post in my 1st post. Any way the purpose of the thread was not you change your mind it was to state the way I feel. BTW just to be clear you are stating that Darnard and Gilbert are going to be better pros correct? Because guy's who feed their family and pay their mortgage based on their evaluations might take him ahead of 1 or both of them.  

the beautiful thing is we will get to see it all play it's self out. 

You said he was not special. well here is quite a few "special" plays. Watch the Alabama game that I post in my 1st post. Any way the purpose of the thread was not you change your mind it was to state the way I feel. BTW just to be clear you are stating that Darnard and Gilbert are going to be better pros correct? Because guy's who feed their family and pay their mortgage based on their evaluations might take him ahead of 1 or both of them.  

the beautiful thing is we will get to see it all play it's self out. 

I said not THAT special, but more so my real view is that I think he is a reach at 18. Also, I was just stating the way I felt in my first post, it was you who said "ok sure..". And I have no idea who is going to be the better pro between the 3. The draft isnt a perfect science. Personally, I think Dennard has better cover skills and is just better aware of his body movements, BUT Fuller is taller and has a greater reach so he can get away with less skills. Gilbert isnt as technically sound as either Fuller or Dennard in my opinion, but he has greater physical attributes and isnt that far off on his abilities compared to the other two. Gilbert has a high ceiling, and thats why I think people like him. 

Also, for every one of those guys "who feeds his family and pays his mortgage" and would take Fuller ahead, I can find another one of those same guys who would NOT. Thats because you cant predict the future. Even with Milliner now, he was a fantastic prospect except for some injury concerns. After a full season in the NFL we STILL arent sure if he will become a great CB or an unreliable one. Any one of the 3 cornerbacks between Fuller, Dennard, Gilbert or even some of those late round CB's can become the next Revis or Sherman. 

Like you said though, the best part of it is we get to see it all pan out. 

Im still crossing my fingers that Milliner can be a #1 NFL CB

If it came down to WR's I would take Beckham before Cooks. Cooks is small - only 5'8" and is only a tenth of a second faster than Beckham who is 6'1". I'm still praying that one of these CB's of Hashean Clinton-Dix falls to 18.

Where do get your info from, wiki? Brandin is 5'096 or 5'9 half which most round up to 5'10 which isn't short but he weighs 189 which I have a hard time believing is small at that height. Seems very compact to me. Beckham is 5'116 or 5'11, so you can say 6'0 and weighs 9 lbs more. Only a tenth of a second is a big deal but in all I'm not one to care much in 40 time but more so in performance. Where was ODB against Bama or Iowa? Didn't watch the Arkansas game but his stats are horrible for that game as well. Not interested in experimenting in a prospects that didn't perform in big games as there's no Furman or UAB in the NFL. Cook on the other hand should/could of done better in some game but he's been very consistent.

ok sure...

The kid is very athletic and he doesn't shy away from contact. My problem is that his highlights "highlight" that he typically doesn't turn around to track the ball in the air when its to his back. Also atleast 2 plays in this vid would have been called pass interference in the pros. Also, a couple breakups would have been caught by seasoned WR's in the pros. He certainly has the potential, not knocking him. He definitely shows that he can guard routes going toward the inside of the ball such as Digs, and post & slant routes. His body defending those routes is in position to see the ball coming and he reacts very well. Its when his back is too the ball that he doesn't have the presence of mind, or maybe the confidence that he won't lose his man if he turns his head to track the ball. If he learns that and trust that he'll maintain good coverage this guy is a beast for sure. 

One thing that actually stood out at the beginning of the video was his play at the line of scrimmage. Just watching a few clips and his timing at the line was reminiscent of Troy Polamalu, Not saying he's the next Troy at the line, I'm just saying that watching his play at the line made me think of Troy.  He has great vision finding the proper lane to rush in to stop the RB and when he gets there is establishes authority. 

He'd look good in a Jets Uni. I still prefer Phillip Gaines though. 

ugggh. if this team drafts another first round corner AND still sucks at cornerback we might be the worst ever.

Kyle Wilson doesn't suck ... he just has some type of mental affliction prohibiting him from ever knowing where the football is. 

The same malady causes his finger to shake violently when he stops running.

Archived