NY Jets Draft Show with former NY Jets scout Joe Bommarito

Maxman

Listen to our New York Jets Draft talk episode with hosts Brandon Dowling, Angelo Berkowitz and Tom Shane.  This week they are joined by former NY Jets scout Joe Bommarito.

The show will air live at 8pm on Tuesday 05/06.  You can call in (646) 716-4697 and let us know what direction you want the Jets to take during the NFL Draft.  They will discuss the options the Jets have in this draft, since they own 12 picks.

You can follow Joe Bommarito on Twitter:  Ask The Scout

JetNation RadioListen to our New York Jets Draft talk episode with hosts Brandon Dowling, Angelo Berkowitz and Tom Shane.  This week they are joined by former NY Jets scout Joe Bommarito.

The show will air live at 8pm on Tuesday 05/06.  You can call in (646) 716-4697 and let us know what direction you want the Jets to take during the NFL Draft.  They will discuss the options the Jets have in this draft, since they own 12 picks.

You can follow Joe Bommarito on Twitter:  Ask The Scout.

Be sure to visit our forums for more

Reminder...this is what you are doing tonight.  JetNation Radio - 8 pm.

I was gonna put the show on live in my 1 years old room tonight since he is having trouble sleeping....something about T0m Shane talking about hurting himself helped sooth him to sleep last week.  

can you ask joe what makes scouting so unique that a guy like idzik who grew up in a football house, played football, coached football, is labeled as a "cap guy" because he never had the title "scout" ?

txs

I was gonna put the show on live in my 1 years old room tonight since he is having trouble sleeping....something about T0m Shane talking about hurting himself helped sooth him to sleep last week.  

Hey that counts as a download for us, so thank you.  :)

Thanks Max.

It says they do...but I only see rebroadcasts.

Any help I can get...I'll listen every Tues...lol

I will check tonight after the show ends.  Thanks.

Just when I thought the comedic highlight "by the way Idzik is Tom's boyfriend" would be unparalleled... "if Seattle had a butt, Tom would be following them around cleaning up their little poops" happened.

Wow.

WOW. 

Really important discussion/points about not reaching on a 2nd round WR in round 1, in the event that the top 4 WRs are picked before 18. Totally agree. At that point, you get that corner you need.

Just when I thought the comedic highlight "by the way Idzik is Tom's boyfriend" would be unparalleled... "if Seattle had a butt, Tom would be following them around cleaning up their little poops" happened.

Wow.

WOW. 

The Poops talk brought a tear to me fellas, thanks

scaledphpserver108filen.jpg

I like this week the way TomShane is getting called out for his stupid "if defense in R1 then wahhh wahhhh wahhh" nonsense.

Tom has essentially advocated for passing on BPA "because offense has been neglected", like reaching on a WR or TE over the #1 safety or #1 corner if that is what is available at pick #18. It's naive, and I have to imagine he knows that. I get the argument "Rex should be able to make the defense without a bunch of #1's", however, that doesn't matter... what matters is getting the most talented guy you can with that first pick. 

Forcing the pick to be a WR, over more talented defensive players, isn't how this team gets fixed. The team is obviously making moves to improve on offense, there's no reason to abandon draft discipline.

I like this week the way TomShane is getting called out for his stupid "if defense in R1 then wahhh wahhhh wahhh" nonsense.

Tom has essentially advocated for passing on BPA "because offense has been neglected", like reaching on a WR or TE over the #1 safety or #1 corner if that is what is available at pick #18. It's naive, and I have to imagine he knows that. I get the argument "Rex should be able to make the defense without a bunch of #1's", however, that doesn't matter... what matters is getting the most talented guy you can with that first pick. 

Forcing the pick to be a WR, over more talented defensive players, isn't how this team gets fixed. The team is obviously making moves to improve on offense, there's no reason to abandon draft discipline.

I get that argument, too, but frankly I think the opposite argument has as much if not more validity; and that would be draft to your coach's strength. If Rex can coach mediocre talent up to a respectable unit, why not give him very good talent so that he can field an elite unit?

But really, it does come down to the BAP - because some clichés are true.

You need to call in next week and give Tom a piece of your mind!

Great post.

I agree. It's poor effort at Francessa-like trolling.

Archived