NY Jets Draft Show with former NY Jets scout Joe Bommarito

Maxman

I get that argument, too, but frankly I think the opposite argument has as much if not more validity; and that would be draft to your coach's strength. If Rex can coach mediocre talent up to a respectable unit, why not give him very good talent so that he can field an elite unit?

But really, it does come down to the BAP - because some clichés are true.

Because if you're going to pass on excellent talent just because it's on the wrong side of the ball, you deserve what you get. "Strength" is only as good as the ability of the coach to adapt to it.

You need to call in next week and give Tom a piece of your mind!

Great post.

It's a stupid post because Ape has no clue if Darqueze Dennard is a "better prospect" than a Brandin Cooks or any other offensive player, for that matter. You're drafting a player at 18 whom you're hoping can play. It would be better if that player scored TDs as opposed to helping the head coach pad his rushing-yards-against average.

Because if you're going to pass on excellent talent just because it's on the wrong side of the ball, you deserve what you get. "Strength" is only as good as the ability of the coach to adapt to it.

Tell me more about this "excellent talent" differential between the second ranked corner and the fourth ranked WR.

Tell me more about this "excellent talent" differential between the second ranked corner and the fourth ranked WR.

You really want to argue the difference in perceived value between a premier cornerback prospect and a premier wide receiver?

You need to call in next week and give Tom a piece of your mind!

Great post.

What's awesome is that the show is already all about the Shane-bashing. You can hear the fear in T0m's voice every time they pick up another caller.

It's a stupid post because Ape has no clue if Darqueze Dennard is a "better prospect" than a Brandin Cooks or any other offensive player, for that matter. You're drafting a player at 18 whom you're hoping can play. It would be better if that player scored TDs as opposed to helping the head coach pad his rushing-yards-against average.

I don't want to re-listen to the show to confirm this, but weren't you initially asked what you thought of CB if all 4 top WR were gone already? In which case, that would mean Cooks is already drafted. In which, case it's Dennard or Gilbert or Pryor or Dix vs. someone more like Latimer or Benjamin, not Cooks. 

I don't want to re-listen to the show to confirm this, but weren't you initially asked what you thought of CB if all 4 top WR were gone already? In which case, that would mean Cooks is already drafted. In which, case it's Dennard or Gilbert or Pryor or Dix vs. someone more like Latimer or Benjamin, not Cooks.

I don't know, actually. I don't really listen to the show.

LOL, are you going to be the Joe Pine of JN radio ;)

corners improve defensive passe rating, half of the passer rating differential that is the best predictor of SB relevancy.

so as long as the player drafted has a direct impact on either passer rating, it's a good pick from that perspective

These guys don't even keep up with their own cliches....Ray Lewis just said Khalil Mack is a physical specimen because he plays the game the right way. No clue why I put it in this thread and now that I see it in writing - not that big a deal. 

• 2 months later...

Archived