Calvin Pryor Is An Enforcer

JetNation

hah now we are worried because someone hits too hard- this is football not  chess we are playing

Lol. The complaints have reached a new exciting level of bullsh*t.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you have to do is watch a Louisville game, the guy sticks out, he's all over the field making plays at every level.  

thats a good trait for a first round draft pick 

the people worried about s value aren't up to date with the way 2014 NFL values that position

this year there were more safeties than qbs taken in rd 1. when's that ever happened? 

thats a good trait for a first round draft pick 

the people worried about s value aren't up to date with the way 2014 NFL values that position

this year there were more safeties than qbs taken in rd 1. when's that ever happened? 

Meh, the rules make you not have the same value in S, so I disagree there.  Either way, I didnt really see Rex valuing the position that much that they'd go S there either but like I said, kids a playmaker that they had high on their board and fills a need.  I'm good with it.

2 observations that I liked

jets fans at radio city greeted the pick with mostly happy faces

nobody talked about our pick on national radio

both postitives in my mind

ho hum boring smart pick

Dude you are so annoying.  The draft is the best 3 days of the year, but all I see on this board today is 300 posts from you looking to pick at people.  Stop being such a message board douch.  Some guy says Pryor reminds him of Landry and you get all c.unty about it.  Maybe it's not that accurate but who cares.  They both hit hard that's all he's trying to say.  Someone says Pryor was brought in to help the turnover margin and you shoot that down.  I have news for you-- the current starting Safetys on the Jets had a combined 2 int's and 1 FF.  A playmaker in the secondary is more than necessary.  You can keep hating all you want, but this kid is a player, and he makes the Jets a better team. 

11 more picks to go.  I can't even imagine how annoying you are going to be with those.

psst. Take a look.

Grow a sense of humor, ****face or find a different themed circle jerk than the NFL draft one you currently belong to.

They are talking more about the defense creating turnovers, which it basically didn't last year. Two of their turnovers were against Miami in the last few minutes of game 16 last year, and one was lucky in the first game against Buffalo. But seriously, I killed many a brain cell during my college frat years and in alcoholic stupors over the Jets, and I can actually remember almost all of the turnovers that the Jets' D produced  last year - that's kind of sad

Yes.  QB Play and fixing that side is a whole different issue.  Hopefully they fix that.  Regardless the defense just didn't create any turnovers.  So they drafted and enforcer.  :)

Idzik used "play like a Jet"?

Him and Rex do it.

Pryor is a beast.

Play Like a Jet works to some extent.  Teams with which the phrase wouldn't work?:

Play Like a Dolphin!   Imagery is just silly

Play Like a Viking!   Lots of murder and sexual assault.  (see: play like a Bengal)

Play Like a Saint!   Booooooring.

Play like a Buffalo!  Buffalo roam.  It's the deer and the antelope that play.  Duh.

No applause please....Just throw money!   However, since I happen to be the ONLY loser on this site who avered    LONG BEFORE THE DRAFT, that the JETS needed to address the safety position, I humbly digress to all the Google-Stat-Heroes who need to actually watch the game sometimes.  Its not Google-Rocket Science.  For example,  Dee Millner suddenly started to close in on WRs, as the season progressed.  GS Heroes will quickly point out to us, that he "ranked " poorly, based on this stat or that stat..take your pick.  But anyone with half an eye, could see his confidence suddenly emerge.  Laymans terms,  "The Light Came On" for him!!!   He has ALL THE TOOLS, now, he has the SWAGG to go with them! 

Dee Millner will be a STAR , just like Revis.  at least 10 ints...Book it!!!    .........GO JETS !!!! :box:

Just so every know the "enforcer " role in football is disappearing just like in hockey big hits get you personal fouls ! I've read big hitter not good in man to man coverage ! He has to adjust his game. Big hits get you I trouble now

Archived