I really hope that Jets management knows something we dont know

DRJETS

Jalen Sander---reach.  Bruce Ellington went two picks later.    

Shaq Evan---big reach.  Oakland took Keith McGill with the next pick.

Dakota Dozier----super reach (many draft board had this guy going undrafted) The Pats took C. Fleming a few picks later.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No surprises here the Jets just don't draft well been this way for years.......................

I cant wait for Idzik to come out saying we took the best available players.  Really according to whom?

Not gonna mention McDougle? Possibly the biggest reach being taken in the 3rd, 80th overall?

I'm not hitting Idzik on that one because of the upside.  He was projected as an early second round before the shoulder injury in the third game of the season and plus already had 3 int.  He had a great combine ran 4.40 and 30 vert.

Similar to Idzik's incompetent management of the jets' 50M of cap room, he's following suit with these 11 picks.

It was his "incompetent management" that managed the 50 mil cap space. He usedost of it, but kept plenty to roll over to 2015 so we'll have plenty of flexibility next yr as well. Who's the idiot now?

I like the Dozier pick, Evans I don't really know anything about but I dont get drafting the 165 pound "speed receiver" when Ellington is just as fast and 40 pounds heavier

Would say Saunders is more of a Mike Wallace type while Ellington is in the Kerley volume slot guy in the league...we had already taken Amaro. Would imagine that was the thought process there.

Archived