I really hope that Jets management knows something we dont know

DRJETS

The important thing is that lots of folks got their I told you so posts in, for if/when one or more of these guys sucks.

Probably won't hear much from from the Bridgewater crowd when his career goes nowhere, though.

Bridgewater landed in the ideal place for him to succeed, with the Vikes offense revolving around AP.  If he has a shot at early success, it will be in Minnesota and it was a good flyer taken by them at 32. Ultimately, I think he will have a good career -- but with the Hamilton Tiger Cats.  

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong. That was happening no matter what he did. Lets keep punting accountability down the road. 

Not a chance. Tanny would have brought on several key players last year with minimum cap hit for 2013 and would have pushed most of it towards 2014 and onwards. He probably would have left us with maybe 30mil in cap space, most of which would have been used on Revis n DeSean while guaranteeing a couple of extra yrs for Holmes in return for half a mil paycut.

The important thing is that lots of folks got their I told you so posts in, for if/when one or more of these guys sucks.

Probably won't hear much from from the Bridgewater crowd when his career goes nowhere, though.

lol, true

It amazes me that people who scoff at the media not knowing anything all year long, suddenly latch onto the media pre-draft rankings as gospel.

I view those rankings as a map drawn on the back of a napkin. It'll help you navigate your way through what is going on during the draft weekend, but it in no way takes the place of a GPS. Obviously the professional scouts, coaches and management teams are the GPS. They define what they want in a player, the rank what is more valuable with regards to speed, football IQ, off-the-field issues, personality, current skills set, perceived ceiling... and then map their scouting reports against their value system, I would assume.

So, a team that values football intelligence, long term potential and toughness is going to have a different board than a team that values immediate ability to start, speed and measurables. Neither of these teams are going to have boards that match Kiper or Mayock because neither Kiper or Mayock are building their evaluations around a team's defined values, or what they look for in a player. What Mayock and Kiper do do, is copy what everyone else is saying. So in instances where everyone says McDougle is a 5th rounder, it doesn't make it true. It just means one person said it 2 months ago, everyone accepted it and copied it and nobody stopped to re-evaluate it.

Mock drafts always succumb to these flaws... and so do the short-sighted fans that need to use them as justification for outrage. I wish more fans would just admit, "hey, I don't really know much about any of these guys, so even though what we did doesn't match what I read on nflmockmockmock.com, it appears that the Jets and every other team are "reaching" for lots of players and letting just as many "drop"... therefore the resources I'm relying on are probably ill-informed, so I'd better not base an entire strawman tirade on it."

It amazes me that people who scoff at the media not knowing anything all year long, suddenly latch onto the media pre-draft rankings as gospel.

Pete Prisco says Amaro was a bad pick because we have Jeff Cumberland and they're like the same player. Therefore it doesn't fill an immediate need for the 2014 season. Apparently that's what we should be drafting for: present season production. Based on this logic, Aaron Rodgers would have to be considered an awful pick because it didn't fill an immediate need for the Packers and he didn't start for years. Suppose Green Bay should give back that Lombardi Trophy because they won it too far removed from the 2005 draft.

Between guys like Prisco, Cimini, and Mehta, I wonder exactly what is the qualification to be a sports writer for a major media company. Is it just loving the taste of executives' semen more than others, or is it other skills?

Pete Prisco says Amaro was a bad pick because we have Jeff Cumberland and they're like the same player. Therefore it doesn't fill an immediate need for the 2014 season. Apparently that's what we should be drafting for: present season production. Based on this logic, Aaron Rodgers would have to be considered an awful pick because it didn't fill an immediate need for the Packers and he didn't start for years. Suppose Green Bay should give back that Lombardi Trophy because they won it too far removed from the 2005 draft.

Between guys like Prisco, Cimini, and Mehta, I wonder exactly what is the qualification to be a sports writer for a major media company. Is it just loving the taste of executives' semen more than others, or is it other skills?

There's also the notion that Cumberland signed a low-cost extension this year, and based on his draft position Amaro's contract is going to be on the lower side. Couple that with the offense that we're going to be running for the next 2-3 seasons and the Jets just shored up two big bodied pass catchers at a position that places a premium on that quality for very cheap for an offense that desperately needed that very thing. Prisco is an idiot.

prisco is a bonafida A+ jet hating jackazz

5 out of 6 picks were starters on last year's team - that's what most people would consider successful.

5 out of 7 picks, but whos counting. 4 out of the 5 starting rookies played down right horrible for most of the year. last in the league horrible..the fullback wont even be in the league in 2 years. slowest guy on the field. now I do have high hopes for the likes of geno,milliner, and winters, and I think they will turn out fine,but  I don't see where anyone could consider them "benefit of the doubt" picks.just huge question marks at this point. tannenbaum picked sanchez,,hill, and gholston. they started too. not exactly benefit of the doubt picks, are they?

5 out of 7 picks, but whos counting. 4 out of the 5 starting rookies played down right horrible for most of the year. last in the league horrible..the fullback wont even be in the league in 2 years. slowest guy on the field. now I do have high hopes for the likes of geno,milliner, and winters, and I think they will turn out fine,but I don't see where anyone could consider them "benefit of the doubt" picks.just huge question marks at this point. tannenbaum picked sanchez,,hill, and gholston. they started too. not exactly benefit of the doubt picks, are they?

Oh bullsh*t. We're theJets worse last year than thy they were in 2012? If you say "yes," you're full of sh*t!

Oh bullsh*t. We're theJets worse last year than thy they were in 2012? If you say "yes," you're full of sh*t!

whats this have to do with giving idzik the benefit of the doubt over last years draft picks? was geno smith the worst stastical starting qb in the league last year? how about winters? milliner? you can start any draft pick you like. doesn't make them a good draft pick. like I said, they may very well turn out to be good players. to say idzik nailed last years draft is premature at best.

prisco is a bonafida A+ jet hating jackazz

Like Cumberland has earned being a reason to not draft anyone. His skill set, experience, and his pricetag, make him an excellent #2 TE and (if we just drafted 3 busts) a 5th option in 5-WR sets. Crapload better option than the days we used to throw Tony Richardson out wide, anyway. Long-term, assuming we keep him around for 2-3 years, he goes from low-level #1 TE to higher-level #2 TE. Pure blocking TEs with lead feet and/or bad receiving hands, if we even keep one on the roster, shouldn't be more than #3 on the TE depth chart IMO.

If Amaro is a bad pick it's because he's a bad player (and/or a worse option than someone else we "clearly" should have taken, in hindsight). But having Cumberland on the roster is only a reason for someone who either just hates the team, thinks criticism makes him sound smart, or a fool who knows nothing about anything. The team and staff that's had Cumberland for years doesn't think he's earned having the team pass up on a TE in the draft or in FA (i.e. Pettigrew). But Pete Prisco feels he knows this player's high value better than the team does. What an arrogant asshat. (Guess it takes one to know one, lol).

5 out of 7 picks, but whos counting. 4 out of the 5 starting rookies played down right horrible for most of the year. last in the league horrible..the fullback wont even be in the league in 2 years. slowest guy on the field. now I do have high hopes for the likes of geno,milliner, and winters, and I think they will turn out fine,but  I don't see where anyone could consider them "benefit of the doubt" picks.just huge question marks at this point. tannenbaum picked sanchez,,hill, and gholston. they started too. not exactly benefit of the doubt picks, are they?

I don't think Gholston ever started.

All those guys started last year because the roster was terrible, not because they were great picks. I'm sure we can all agree that they nailed the Richardson pick, and those other guys getting on the field certainly benefitted them, as they all played their best ball in the last month of the season.

It looks to me like they addressed their needs pretty well in this draft. The secondary and receivers were the biggest issues on the team last year, and they bolstered both groups with immediate starters in the first couple rounds, and another five bodies for competition. Grabbed a couple pass rushers late, another need. Maybe I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I think I'm just keeping an open mind.

He's either really high on Cumberland or low on Amaro. He better be at worst a small notch below Graham or Grankowski for that to be a good pick. 

He's either really high on Cumberland or low on Amaro. He better be at worst a small notch below Graham or Grankowski for that to be a good pick. 

If you heard it, he didn't feel it filled an immediate/instant need and therefore it was a bad pick. He also doesn't think much of Amaro anyway, but I wouldn't value the opinion of anyone who grades a draft pick based on need for the upcoming season.  A player we draft this high, ideally, will be on the team for years & years.

The team made it obvious that they don't think of Cumberland as a pure solution to anything, when they actively sought out Pettigrew (hey, it was a pretty weak FA market for receiving options).

Dakota Dozier----super reach (many draft board had this guy going undrafted) The Pats took C. Fleming a few picks later.

Cameron Fleming... a right tackle out of Stanford... same place as Jon Martin.  the guy is lucky he got drafted at all

Dakota Dozier----super reach (many draft board had this guy going undrafted) The Pats took C. Fleming a few picks later.

IDK about that NFL.com- Draft Scout, and Walter Football all had him projected in rounds 3-4 

Edit:  Just checked on Evans.  Both NFL.com and Draft Scout have him projected as a 3-4.  Walter Football has him as 4-5

If you heard it, he didn't feel it filled an immediate/instant need and therefore it was a bad pick. He also doesn't think much of Amaro anyway, but I wouldn't value the opinion of anyone who grades a draft pick based on need for the upcoming season.  A player we draft this high, ideally, will be on the team for years & years.

The team made it obvious that they don't think of Cumberland as a pure solution to anything, when they actively sought out Pettigrew (hey, it was a pretty weak FA market for receiving options).

So the Jets needed a WR but they don't need a pass catching TE who lines up at WR most of the time anyway? Huh? Makes no sense. 

IDK about that NFL.com- Draft Scout, and Walter Football all had him projected in rounds 3-4 

ESPN

Dakota Dozier

• OT
  • 6-3⅝, 313 lbs
  • Furman
  • Scouts Grade40
  • Position Rank19
  • Overall Rank    249   249   249   249   249  249
  • Arm Length33-3/4"
  • Hand Size9-3/4"
  • 40-YD Dash5.42
  • ConferenceSOUTHERN

Offensive Tackle Specific Traits

Pass Protection 4

Adequate mirror once locked on. Flashes ability to absorb and recover but sets high and gives too much ground to power and speed to power. Top heavy. Struggles to keep elbows and hands inside. Ducks head and whiffs. Adequate length for a tackle but struggled to protect the edge. Crosses feet and loses balance. Better fit on inside where doesn't have.to cover as much ground.

Run Blocking 4

Flashes above average power base when keeps pads down. However, doesn't sink well. Gets stalemated. Sub-par hand placement. More apt to latch onto shoulder pads than chest plat. Doesn't adjust well in space but takes adequate angles and smothers linebackers. Enough lateral quickness and balance to develop into adequate zone blocker. Footwork needs work though.

Awareness 3

Locates second level assignments. Keeps head up and tracks linebackers on combination blocks. Picks up most line stunts and blitzes but can take too long to read and react in pass pro on occasion.

Toughness 1 Mauler that puts defenders on ground and in no rush to let them up. Tenacious. Blocks through the whistle and doesn't take snaps off. Agitator that gets under defender's skin. Didn't get intimidated or back down playing against higher levels of competition.

1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal

A FEW PICKS LATER THIS OT WENT TO THE PATS.  Which was my point Jets management knows something at the very least some of us don't. 

Cameron Fleming

• OT
  • 6-4⅞, 323 lbs
  • Stanford
  • Scouts Grade60
  • Position Rank11
  • Overall Ran            134  134   134   134  134
  • Arm Length34"
  • Hand Size9-3/4"
  • 40-YD Dash5.28
  • ConferencePAC-12

Pass Protection 3

Big, thick-bodied ROT with good length and enough quickness to prevent edge rushers from turning corner. Needs to improve consistency of hand placement but has long arms and really good natural shock in hands. Flashes ability to stay in front of defender once locked on. Absorbs and resets against straight power but sets high and can get knocked back by speed to power. Can overset and get beat inside. Crosses feet and gets caught off balance. Can stop moving feet once locked on. Ducks head and lunges at times.

Run Blocking 3

Overwhelms smaller defenders with size and upper body power. Flashes adequate powerbase and can move defenders off ball when keeps pads down. Effective in short area. More space equals more problems. Flashes ability to lock on and steer but hands slide outside frame too much. Leans and slips off blocks. Doesn't have ideal foot speed for zone heavy scheme. Flashes ability to cut off backside linebacker but not quick or agile enough to get away with poor angle.

Awareness 2

Not a finished product but has size and shock that you can't coach, and he has a good head on his shoulders. Solid overall awareness in pass pro. Knows assignments. Experienced and highly intelligent football player. Adequate locating second level assignments but can duck head and fail to pick up linebacker late on combo blocks. Inconsistent when it comes to feel for zone concepts.

Toughness 3

Don't question toughness but also don't see naturally nasty demeanor. More of a positional blocker than a mauler. Adequate overall effort and blocks through whistle on occasion but doesn't give relentless four-quarter effort. For most part does what he needs to do to get job done but little more.

ESPN

Dakota Dozier

• OT
  • 6-3⅝, 313 lbs
  • Furman
  • Scouts Grade40
  • Position Rank19
  • Overall Rank    249   249   249   249   249  249
  • Arm Length33-3/4"
  • Hand Size9-3/4"
  • 40-YD Dash5.42
  • ConferenceSOUTHERN

Pass Protection 4

Adequate mirror once locked on. Flashes ability to absorb and recover but sets high and gives too much ground to power and speed to power. Top heavy. Struggles to keep elbows and hands inside. Ducks head and whiffs. Adequate length for a tackle but struggled to protect the edge. Crosses feet and loses balance. Better fit on inside where doesn't have.to cover as much ground.

Run Blocking 4

Flashes above average power base when keeps pads down. However, doesn't sink well. Gets stalemated. Sub-par hand placement. More apt to latch onto shoulder pads than chest plat. Doesn't adjust well in space but takes adequate angles and smothers linebackers. Enough lateral quickness and balance to develop into adequate zone blocker. Footwork needs work though.

Awareness 3

Locates second level assignments. Keeps head up and tracks linebackers on combination blocks. Picks up most line stunts and blitzes but can take too long to read and react in pass pro on occasion.

Toughness 1 Mauler that puts defenders on ground and in no rush to let them up. Tenacious. Blocks through the whistle and doesn't take snaps off. Agitator that gets under defender's skin. Didn't get intimidated or back down playing against higher levels of competition.

And your point is?   Here is the post I was replying to.  "Dakota Dozier----super reach (many draft board had this guy going undrafted) The Pats took C. Fleming a few picks later."

You said "many draft boards had this guy going undrafted"  The grades given in your proof of this is average, and above average, which probably puts him in the 3-4 round spot .

Which is where most boards had him.  The Jets took him with a comp pick at the end of the 4th.  Seems like value

Jalen Saunders  

• WR
  • 5-8⅞, 165 lbs
  • Oklahoma
  • Scouts Grade61
  • Position Rank19
  • Overall Rank131
  • Arm Length30"
  • Hand Size8-3/4"
  • 40-YD Dash4.44
  • ConferenceBig 12

Draft Analysis

WHAT HE BRINGSSaunders is an undersized slot receiver and return man who has the burst to get open underneath and produce after the catch. He's a small target with small hands, but he consistently extends and snatches the ball out of the air.

HOW HE FITSThis offense lacks receivers who can separate from defenders, as the Jets look to throw a lot of underneath crossing routes and screen passes. This guy should fit nicely in the slot, as he can get away from tight coverage. He can also contribute as a return specialist.

Production22010: Fresno State (13/1) - 30-462-15.4-3 2011: (13/8) 50-1,065-21.3-122012: Oklahoma (9/8) 62-829-13.4-3 2013: 13/13) 61-729-12-8Career: PR 31-465-15.0-3 KOR 33-793-24.0-0Height-Weight-Speed4Vastly undersized in terms of prototypical measureables. Thin and wiry frame. Short-arms (30') and small hands (8 7/8'). Possesses excellent top-end speed though.Durability3Has suffered no significant injuries or missed playing time due to durability throughout his career. However, lack of ideal measureables including bulk brings up some slight concerns in this area.Intangibles4Left Fresno State and transferred to Oklahoma after then Bulldogs Head Coach Pat Hill was let go. Forced to miss the first four games due to NCAA transfer rules. Arrested with teammate Cortez Johnson in early December of 2012 and charged with possession of marijuana. His charges were later dropped after Johnson took full responsibility for having the marijuana. Comes from a strong family who he is close with. Football character is good. Strong weight room and practice habits.

Wide Receiver Specific Traits

Separation Skills 2

A pint-sized, slot receiver with a natural feel for the position. Flashy savvy and has above-average spatial awareness. Smooth route runner that gets in and out of stem well and possesses good quickness. Burst out of cuts is above-average but not in the elite level. Excellent feel for soft spots working against zone coverage and shows ability to read coverage on the run.

Ball Skills 3 Possesses above-average ball skills. Soft hands and consistently plucks the ball away from body. Small strike zone and limited catch radius. Shows very good body control adjusting to throws outside of strike zone. Natural pluck on the run without breaking stride. Leaping ability is adequate but not going to win many 50/50 throws. Big play ability 3 Bigger threat after the catch than as a vertical downfield target. Transitions quickly after securing the ball. Slippery runner with above-average elusiveness and quickness as runner. Has enough top-end speed to take it the distance if able to break into green grass. Competitiveness 3 Willing to work the middle of the field. Above-average focus in traffic and toughness to secure catch while taking a hit. Fights for extra yards after the catch. Very good sideline and field awareness. However, can occasionally miss a site adjustment. Gives adequate effort as a blocker but often overpowered due to lack of size.

Bruce Ellington

• WR
  • Junior
  • 5-9⅜, 197 lbs
  • South Carolina
  • Scouts Grade      79 79  79  79
  • Position Rank10
  • Overall Rank58
  • Arm Length31"
  • Hand Size9-1/2"
  • 40-YD Dash4.45
  • ConferenceSEC

Draft Analysis

WHAT HE BRINGS Ellington has excellent play speed with quickness and explosiveness out of his cuts. He shows a strong feel for the position, strong hands and good toughness working the middle of the field.
HOW HE FITS The 49ers added Stevie Johnson in a trade and continue to revamp their WR corps with this versatile receiving threat. He likely will be used in the slot in three-wide-receiver sets, where he can use his quickness to separate from defenders.

Overall Football Traits

Production 3

2010: DNP (Starting PG on Basketball Team) 2011: (11/2) 17-211-12.4-12012: (13/13) 40-600-15.0-7 2013: (13/13) 49-775-15.8-8Career: RUSHING 25-148-5.9-1TD, KOR 43-977-22.7-0, PR 3-16-5.3-0

Height-Weight-Speed 3

Lacks ideal height and has short arms (31'). Muscular well-built frame with adequate bulk. Bigger hands (9 5/8'). Very good speed, quickness and explosiveness combination. Tested above average for the position with 40 yard dash (4.45), VJ (39 ½ '), SS (3.95) and 3-cone (6.69).

Durability 2

Left the UAB game in early with a bruised shoulder in 2012. Dealt with nagging hamstring injury during preseason camp and was limited in the opening game against North Carolina. However, has remained durable as a two-sport athlete over a four year span at South Carolina.

Intangibles 1

Accountable individual that is highly respected by everyone in the athletic department. Tireless work ethic. Leader by example and inspires teammates. Dual-sport athlete that was a starter at PG for the basketball team for his first three seasons before leaving the team to train after declaring for the draft. Majoring in sociology. Raised by Mother Gwen Ellington and has a strong support staff in his life. Close relationship with cousin Andre Ellington, former Clemson and current Arizona Cardinals running back.

Wide Receiver Specific Traits

Separation Skills 1

Above-average routes and overall play speed. Quick starter that eats up cushions in hurry. Quick and explosive out breaks with minimal wasted motion to create separation from man coverage. Excellent feel vs. zone coverage. Avoids traffic and reroutes and quickly gets into intermediate soft-spots.

Ball Skills 2

Appears to have natural hands and rarely allows ball into frame. Plucks on the run without breaking stride. Above-average body control and adjusts well to throws outside of the strike zone. Easy track of ball over his shoulder. Lacks a prototypical catch radius.

Big play ability

3 Fires off the ball and has speed to burn to threaten the vertical seams. Lacks the size an elite leaping ability to consistently win 50/50 throws downfield. Flashes upside after the catch but a bit underwhelming in this area. We wanted to see more in this department on tape.

Competitiveness 1 Tough and highly competitive. Willing to work the middle of the field and shows good focus in traffic. Aggressive attacking the ball with contested throws. Very good field awareness and reads coverages well on the move. Active on scramble drill and does a great job of finding and getting into soft spots.

A FEW PICKS LATER THIS OT WENT TO THE PATS.  Which was my point Jets management knows something at the very least some of us don't. 

Cameron Fleming

• OT
  • 6-4⅞, 323 lbs
  • Stanford
  • Scouts Grade60
  • Position Rank11
  • Overall Ran            134  134   134   134  134
  • Arm Length34"
  • Hand Size9-3/4"
  • 40-YD Dash5.28
  • ConferencePAC-12

Pass Protection 3

Big, thick-bodied ROT with good length and enough quickness to prevent edge rushers from turning corner. Needs to improve consistency of hand placement but has long arms and really good natural shock in hands. Flashes ability to stay in front of defender once locked on. Absorbs and resets against straight power but sets high and can get knocked back by speed to power. Can overset and get beat inside. Crosses feet and gets caught off balance. Can stop moving feet once locked on. Ducks head and lunges at times.

Run Blocking 3

Overwhelms smaller defenders with size and upper body power. Flashes adequate powerbase and can move defenders off ball when keeps pads down. Effective in short area. More space equals more problems. Flashes ability to lock on and steer but hands slide outside frame too much. Leans and slips off blocks. Doesn't have ideal foot speed for zone heavy scheme. Flashes ability to cut off backside linebacker but not quick or agile enough to get away with poor angle.

Awareness 2

Not a finished product but has size and shock that you can't coach, and he has a good head on his shoulders. Solid overall awareness in pass pro. Knows assignments. Experienced and highly intelligent football player. Adequate locating second level assignments but can duck head and fail to pick up linebacker late on combo blocks. Inconsistent when it comes to feel for zone concepts.

Toughness 3

Don't question toughness but also don't see naturally nasty demeanor. More of a positional blocker than a mauler. Adequate overall effort and blocks through whistle on occasion but doesn't give relentless four-quarter effort. For most part does what he needs to do to get job done but little more.

They are grading him as a tackle.  Nobody thinks he is a tackle.  He played guard at the all-star games and supposedly graded out very highly.

**** you guys.   I am tired of multi-quoting!

I don't think Gholston ever started.

All those guys started last year because the roster was terrible, not because they were great picks. I'm sure we can all agree that they nailed the Richardson pick, and those other guys getting on the field certainly benefitted them, as they all played their best ball in the last month of the season.

It looks to me like they addressed their needs pretty well in this draft. The secondary and receivers were the biggest issues on the team last year, and they bolstered both groups with immediate starters in the first couple rounds, and another five bodies for competition. Grabbed a couple pass rushers late, another need. Maybe I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I think I'm just keeping an open mind.

I don't know that I would consider him a "starter" but he started plenty.  IIRC he started for Pace during the drug suspension in '09 and when Pace broke his foot to start 2010. I'm pretty sure he was in there for Thomas when he was hurt too. 

I think it is safe to assume that the jets scouting department does indeed know more than we do, how many of you can honestly say that you went to all the different schools put in the hours truly watching every prospect in the draft play and on top of that did a complete background check on these players. sure ESPN is fun to watch but at the end of the day they are often wrong about everything that is not clearly obvious. im reading through these comments and I would think this was a patriots forum if I didn't know better simply by the fact that I would never sign up for anything that supports the one team in the nfl that I love to hate.

This theory only works in years like last year and this year.  New GMs, new scouts, etc and hope that they know what they are doing.   Nobody would say Tanny and crew knew more than most people.  How many people would say those who worked for Jacksonville, Cleveland,  Oakland, Buffalo etc for the past decade or so had a clue what they were doing?  And all those teams had 'professionals' being paid to scout and draft and develop players.   

We all hope Idzik and staff know what they are doing and have a plan that will lead them to a super bowl.  But nobody actually knows if Idzik knows what the hell he's doing.  Lets hope he does.   In every profession people hire those they know, they hire friends of friends, they hire family, they hire people whom they think is likable and good at what they do.  But just because somebody is paid well to do something doesn't always mean they actually know what they are doing.  There are plenty of jobs related to  nepotism in the NFL.

Jalen Sander---reach.  Bruce Ellington went two picks later.    

Shaq Evan---big reach.  Oakland took Keith McGill with the next pick.

I agree. I give the Jets an A for Pryor and Amaro, who I believe will immediately improve the team next year. I also give the Jets an F for the rest of the draft. They took a CB who's the size of an elf. As for the rest of the picks, maybe one of them will make the team in a ST role. Saunders might be a kick returner because of his speed, that's it. 

I agree. I give the Jets an A for Pryor and Amaro, who I believe will immediately improve the team next year. I also give the Jets an F for the rest of the draft. They took a CB who's the size of an elf. As for the rest of the picks, maybe one of them will make the team in a ST role. Saunders might be a kick returner because of his speed, that's it. 

How can you get an A for drafting exactly who the mock draft factory would pick for you?

The CBs have fine size.  Verrett was the corner who was the size of an elf.  He went 25 overall and might be one of the steals of the draft.  The guys the Jets got were 5'10", 5'11" 200.  Here is what nfl.com says about Dixon: STRENGTHS Excellent size, musculature and body length. I guess you are talking about McDougle who it lists WEAKNESSES Lacks ideal height. Short on length.  He is less than an inch shorter, so he is not "ideal"  Are they serious?  I guess it is because his arms are quite a bit shorter.  I guess that makes him an elf? Saunders will be a punt returner more than a kick returner.  He is the guy that is tiny.  5'9" and listed as light at 165 though he is probably around 175.  Tavon Austin size. 

How can you get an A for drafting exactly who the mock draft factory would pick for you?

The CBs have fine size.  Verrett was the corner who was the size of an elf.  He went 25 overall and might be one of the steals of the draft.  The guys the Jets got were 5'10", 5'11" 200.  Here is what nfl.com says about Dixon: STRENGTHS Excellent size, musculature and body length. I guess you are talking about McDougle who it lists WEAKNESSES Lacks ideal height. Short on length.  He is less than an inch shorter, so he is not "ideal"  Are they serious?  I guess it is because his arms are quite a bit shorter.  I guess that makes him an elf? Saunders will be a punt returner more than a kick returner.  He is the guy that is tiny.  5'9" and listed as light at 165 though he is probably around 175.  Tavon Austin size. 

With all due respect, now you are being a homer.  Freemanm is on point.  After the first two picks, Jets management decided to get cute.  There were clearly prospect rated much higher than the one they picked.  Take for instance Bruce Ebrington and Cameron Fleming both considered steal when the 49niners and Patriot took them respectively after the Jets made their pick.  Look at the scouting report on my previous posts and compare them.  Not even close.   

With all due respect, now you are being a homer.  Freemanm is on point.  After the first two picks, Jets management decided to get cute.  There were clearly prospect rated much higher than the one they picked.  Take for instance Bruce Ebrington and Cameron Fleming both considered steal when the 49niners and Patriot took them respectively after the Jets made their pick.  Look at the scouting report on my previous posts and compare them.  Not even close.   

No offense, but if your scouting reports were done by somebody with real value you would never have seen them because they would be working for a team.  I'd rather be a homer for the Jets than for Mel ******* Kiper.  FWIW, even your scouting reports had Saunders rated higher than Fleming 131 overall to 134.  Not even close indeed.

I'd just like to go on record saying that I, for one, doubt that the Jets management knows something that we don't.  After all, do they know that some of us subscribe to ESPN Insider?

Not for nothing, but based on the way this franchise has been run since I was born, I'm pretty sure that's how the Jets have been going about it anyways.

Didn't an elf size CB just get a jumbo contract in Cleveland?

Archived