I really hope that Jets management knows something we dont know

DRJETS

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would say Saunders is more of a Mike Wallace type while Ellington is in the Kerley volume slot guy in the league...we had already taken Amaro. Would imagine that was the thought process there.

Mike Wallace is 200 pounds and a 4.3 guy. I hope I'm wrong but that seemed like a big reach in that spot. Maybe they're thinking of using him as the return guy, I have no idea.

Mike Wallace is 200 pounds and a 4.3 guy. I hope I'm wrong but that seemed like a big reach in that spot. Maybe they're thinking of using him as the return guy, I have no idea.

I liked Ellington too...not sure what they were thinking there but if he's better than what we've had at PR and can catch some deep balls...should be alright I guess.

I liked Ellington too...not sure what they were thinking there but if he's better than what we've had at PR and can catch some deep balls...should be alright I guess.

That is why the title of this thread.  Ellington a proven receiver high on most experts' draft board but the Jets saw something most of us didn't. 

Why do message board users think that rankings by either want to be personnel people or ex personnel people who were fired are better than rankings by someone that actually has one of those jobs that they covet?

Jalen Sander---reach.  Bruce Ellington went two picks later.    

Shaq Evan---big reach.  Oakland took Keith McGill with the next pick.

Dakota Dozier----super reach (many draft board had this guy going undrafted) The Pats took C. Fleming a few picks later.

Really, Dakota Dozier was expected to go undrafted by both SI and ESPN. 

Seems to me like you were basically nitpicking because when I go to google and type "Dakota Dozier scouting report" right now the first two reports have Dozier marked as a 3rd round projection. 

I've seen some prior to the Jets pick also projecting him as a 4th rounder. I haven't seen one that had him as an UDFA. You seem to simply be hating on Idzik. 

I've seen multiple reports that had Evans as a 4th rounder as well. I can't speak much for Saunders because I didn't review him before the draft. But Evans and especially Dozier was tied to the Jets before the draft even began. And from Saunders tape, he seems like a reliable target who consistently makes the first guy miss. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but other than the picks in the first few rounds how many of us have seen the "prospects"? Who among the "experts" here have timed, interviewed, studied or worked out the potential draft choices. Have any of the so-called experts here ever been paid for their knowledge of football?

There are hits and misses  and that has been been going on since Johnny U was really Johnny football and continued to the Pats QB (6th round?) chill and let us see what works out.

It was his "incompetent management" that managed the 50 mil cap space. He usedost of it, but kept plenty to roll over to 2015 so we'll have plenty of flexibility next yr as well. Who's the idiot now?

Wrong. That was happening no matter what he did. Lets keep punting accountability down the road. 

I think it is safe to assume that the jets scouting department does indeed know more than we do, how many of you can honestly say that you went to all the different schools put in the hours truly watching every prospect in the draft play and on top of that did a complete background check on these players. sure ESPN is fun to watch but at the end of the day they are often wrong about everything that is not clearly obvious. im reading through these comments and I would think this was a patriots forum if I didn't know better simply by the fact that I would never sign up for anything that supports the one team in the nfl that I love to hate.

I actually don't think the professional scouts, coaches or management team of the Jets know all that much more than us. I mean we have NFL.com, ESPN.com and Youtube, and so do they.

So... sames. Probably with a slight edge to fans. Because, passion.

I actually don't think the professional scouts, coaches or management team of the Jets know all that much more than us. I mean we have NFL.com, ESPN.com and Youtube, and so do they.

So... sames. Probably with a slight edge to fans. Because, passion.

The important thing is that lots of folks got their I told you so posts in, for if/when one or more of these guys sucks.

Probably won't hear much from from the Bridgewater crowd when his career goes nowhere, though.

Archived