What is espn trying to do putting Michael Sam with his boyfriend at his side bitting his nail?

DRJETS

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, not begging for a confrontation. Asking for an answer to honest questions. If the answer is confrontational, that's not my problem.

lol

the questions you asked were obviously designed to bait people into posting something you could get outraged over

I really don't care.

as I said in my very first post, sexuality shouldn't even have to be discussed

that's when we will know we have truly grown as a society, when it isn't even worth mentioning

and it is not a topic so sacred it can't be joked about

lighten up francis

lol

the questions you asked were obviously designed to bait people into posting something you could get outraged over

I really don't care.

as I said in my very first post, sexuality shouldn't even have to be discussed

that's when we will know we have truly grown as a society, when it isn't even worth mentioning

and it is not a topic so sacred it can't be joked about

lighten up francis

I am the last person to get indignant or outraged. If you knew me you would know that. I can't stand political correctness and have said numerous times that this country is becoming addicted to righteous indignation.

I'm also as honest as they come, and as irreverent, so when I see someone pussying out by almost saying something, I'm going to open a dialogue about it. Say what you really mean. You'll notice that I didn't jump on the original statement by going off on a diatribe of my own, I asked a one word question. I think you've noticed that most people that are outrage-inclined don't really need an excuse, haven't you? I don't think it's too much to ask someone to elaborate on a point they make, do you? Or are we starting a new tradition on this site by asking to be able to speak in a vacuum?

I also can't stand double standards because I know that if anything REMOTELY resembling the semi-jokes made in this thread were made about black people, it would have been locked two hours ago.

And I don't think it's up to you to decide whether a topic is sacred or not. Would you like to hear a Sandy Hook joke or are you going to go into your high horse act?

LOL

You really can't understand how silly this stuff looks/sounds to me.

I'm not trying to be outraged, I don't get outraged about this stuff, but I do like to call it out.

It's jokes. I'm sorry but 100 years from now two dudes making out covered in cake will still be funny.

Spreading the gay agenda virus

Practically every kid they showed sitting at home hearing his name get called had a girlfriend by his side, and was not ashamed to kiss  when they were picked and overcome with joy and excitement. Why is he expected to be any different?

The only virus I see is the stupidity of those who wrap their ignorance and bigotry in a blanket of religion and morals to hide what they really are.

Practically every kid they showed sitting at home hearing his name get called had a girlfriend by his side, and was not ashamed to kiss  when they were picked and overcome with joy and excitement. Why is he expected to be any different?

The only virus I see is the stupidity of those who wrap their ignorance and bigotry in a blanket of religion and morals to hide what they really are.

I wrap my ignorance and bigotry in a shawl of faith and ethics.

I wrap my ignorance and bigotry in a shawl of faith and ethics.

Hey, at one time some people thought blacks weren't worthy of the same rights as humans and ethically there was no problem with slavery. We see how those people are judged today.

Hey, at one time some people thought blacks weren't worthy of the same rights as humans and ethically there was no problem with slavery. We see how those people are judged today.

The only judge Donald Sterling cares about is in the appeals courts he's going to drag the NBA through the next 6 years

"We're so comfortable with gay athletes now!  Being gay is not an issue!  Don't you agree?  We all agree!  Hey everybody, honk if you agree that being gay doesn't matter!  I don't care at all!  Its totally is cool!  Look, here's a pic of Mike Sam's boyfriend!  That proves how cool we are with gay!  Anyone who is not cool with it is stupid!  Right Guys?  Gay is fine!  Not even a story.  Not even worth mentioning, its such a non-story.  Why are you guys even mentioning it?  Not me.  I'm not mentioning it.  Because I'm cool with it!  In fact, I'm actually happy about it!  Because he's brave!  And me, I'm brave too.  Because I don't even think twice about it.  How about you guys?  You too, right?  Yes?  Awesome!.  We're so progressive!"  ESPN.  Gayer than Michael Sam.  And far less genuine.

"We're so comfortable with gay athletes now!  Being gay is not an issue!  Don't you agree?  We all agree!  Hey everybody, honk if you agree that being gay doesn't matter!  I don't care at all!  Its totally is cool!  Look, here's a pic of Mike Sam's boyfriend!  That proves how cool we are with gay!  Anyone who is not cool with it is stupid!  Right Guys?  Gay is fine!  Not even a story.  Not even worth mentioning, its such a non-story.  Why are you guys even mentioning it?  Not me.  I'm not mentioning it.  Because I'm cool with it!  In fact, I'm actually happy about it!  Because he's brave!  And me, I'm brave too.  Because I don't even think twice about it.  How about you guys?  You too, right?  Yes?  Awesome!.  We're so progressive!"  ESPN.  Gayer than Michael Sam.  And far less genuine.

Yeah, I'm shocked they would give that story that much coverage. I figured they'd want to cut to pick #252 playing basketball or something or maybe Trey Wingo telling another story about how good the kid from Penn State is at math.

Actually sad ESPN had to make such a meal about it, it's not the1950's it's not news worthy it's fine. I just feel sorry Sam will have a media circus following him around.

Yeah, remember all those gay football players coming out in the 60's?

The kid wants the media coverage. He'll be fine.

Archived