tajh

Lizard King

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have an open mind about Boyd.

And yes, Idzik was foolish to take Smith last year. They don't think he's worth a damn or Vick isn't here. Basically they beat 3 tomato cans in December and they start talking up Smith as something special; don;t buy it.

Right now I am furious with Idzik. He promised to create competition at the QB position and he drafts a QB that really has terrible mechanics. 

Even though Vick is on board, he is not the future and is fragile.  There were so many good qb's available and Idzik did nothing.  Drafting a QB 

in the higher rounds would have been a testament that he made a mistake in drafting Eugene.  He is saving face by drafting one so late and mechanically flawed like Boyd.

Its clearly evident Eugene will be given the same luxury Sanchez had.  You would think Idzik would have learned from Tanny's mistake of sticking with Sanchez

when is was obvious he was over his head.  If Eugene remains the starter,  it will be a replay of the Sanchez years....great defense, lousy offense, playoffs sprinkled in between

and falling short.   

Just the typical yearly Jet fan draft over reaction.

"Nothing to see here"!

True, but considering this team has outright won a single division championship since the merger, it woukd seem skepticism is the safer bet

And yes, Idzik was foolish to take Smith last year. They don't think he's worth a damn or Vick isn't here. Basically they beat 3 tomato cans in December and they start talking up Smith as something special; don;t buy it.

That's nonsense. If they didn't think he's worth a damn, the Jets would've done the same thing the Bucs did. Bring in a vet and name him the starter. The Jets brought in a vet, and that vet named Geno the starter.

Geno has a lot to prove, but they liked what they saw at the end of last year, and felt it was worth giving him this year to prove it. Also, the QB crop this year was hardly "can't miss." Geno was raw last season, and really should've spent the year on the bench and learned the NFL game from the sidelines. He didn't have that luxury, and all his warts were on display.

This year, the Jets gave him Decker, Chris Johnson, Amaro, maybe one of these other WRs breaks thru... He's got some weapons, and he has this year to put it together. If he completely fails, Vick will take over, and they'll be back in the QB market next year.

Idzik drafted Eugene.

Idzik is Morhninweg's boss.

Morhninweg likes his job.

You can run with the conspiracy theories all you want.  I am telling you that Mornhinweg likes Geno as a QB.

Bugg this makes no sense.  If this was the case Vick would be on a multi-year deal.

Geno is going to win the job.  They like him.  That is what they are telling everyone.  

most of the year he was projected to be a pretty decent QB prospect before falling off the deep end. we have vick on a 1 year rental plan, not to say that he will be but he could end up being a steal in the bottom of the sixth as either a backup or a starter (time will tell) it scared me when they made this pick from the podium I thought we were going to end up with sam

That's nonsense. If they didn't think he's worth a damn, the Jets would've done the same thing the Bucs did. Bring in a vet and name him the starter. The Jets brought in a vet, and that vet named Geno the starter.

Geno has a lot to prove, but they liked what they saw at the end of last year, and felt it was worth giving him this year to prove it. Also, the QB crop this year was hardly "can't miss." Geno was raw last season, and really should've spent the year on the bench and learned the NFL game from the sidelines. He didn't have that luxury, and all his warts were on display.

This year, the Jets gave him Decker, Chris Johnson, Amaro, maybe one of these other WRs breaks thru... He's got some weapons, and he has this year to put it together. If he completely fails, Vick will take over, and they'll be back in the QB market next year.

Yes we have weapons now. Eugene can see from the bench how a real QB uses them.

Yes we have weapons now. Eugene can see from the bench how a real QB uses them.

The Eugene shtick is so old now, and was really never funny. Feel free to drop it at anytime.

And if you really think Geno is going to be watching from the bench, you're in for a disappointment.

I'm curious.  Now, when we lose..He sucks, right?  and...when we win games like against Tampa, we were lucky , and only won because they "gave us the game" with a bad play , right?   and...when we win decisively , Geno can only win against "TOMATO CANS" right?    We won 8 games.  So... 3 games against the cans +  2 games that were "Given to us"  = 5 wins, right?  (Thank God for my Engineering degree, whew!!  That was a tuffie!!!)  So tell me  Sir, what about the other 3 games?   Was that Bizzaro -World Geno?   Hmm, 3 undetectable games.  Rain-outs maybe?  Lost in Bermuda Triangle?  Blackouts?     BTW, You have an open mind!   If you cant stand Geno, so what!!  But for you to say that he isn't worth a damn, please tell me what QB that YOU want to play for The JETS ?   I'm extremely confident, and anxious to see this 2nd year kid play this year.  Who do you want ...Luck?   Dalton?   Pick any other QB in the league.  Only 1 won the Superbowl.  Every one else is also-rans with flaws.          Go JETS!!!   :box:

The Eugene shtick is so old now, and was really never funny. Feel free to drop it at anytime.

And if you really think Geno is going to be watching from the bench, you're in for a disappointment.

There should be a JN award for most tenacity to least funny ratio of a joke... My three nominees are:

Eugene

The NFL scriptwriters

San-Blow-Me-O

Missing anything?

There should be a JN award for most tenacity to least funny ratio of a joke... My three nominees are:

Eugene

The NFL scriptwriters

San-Blow-Me-O

Missing anything?

Wrecks is another comedic gem.

Wrecks is another comedic gem.

Yeah, awful, but at least that one caught on a bit... I was thinking of the ones where it's only one poster trying oh so hard to make something funny. Was thinking of adding Coors Lite but that's not football related.

Now that's funny!  Wanna bet?

Any and all Matt Simms references.

heS gONNA bE tHe StarTer xcept tHEY wONt givE him a fAIr shaKe cuz HIs dadddy thrEW blue BallZ whEn He plaYEd.

He playED @ don BOSCO. Thatz for realZ.

Bugg this makes no sense.  If this was the case Vick would be on a multi-year deal.

Geno is going to win the job.  They like him.  That is what they are telling everyone.  

And the Browns are saying Johnny is a backup because the kid who started a couple of games should be the starter.  

Geno is the starter until the games start.   If Vick gets hurt or is completely done due to age, he was a terrible signing.  He becomes like the Garrard signing in that case. Pointless.  But if he has anything left and plays like he did early last season and can stay healthy, he makes Geno sit on the bench.  That's just the reality.   Vick has a lot of bad qualities as a QB, but he's been a game changer when healthy.  Geno was one of the worst QBs in the NFL.  Huge difference.

And the Browns are saying Johnny is a backup because the kid who started a couple of games should be the starter.  

Geno is the starter until the games start.   If Vick gets hurt or is completely done due to age, he was a terrible signing.  He becomes like the Garrard signing in that case. Pointless.  But if he has anything left and plays like he did early last season and can stay healthy, he makes Geno sit on the bench.  That's just the reality.   Vick has a lot of bad qualities as a QB, but he's been a game changer when healthy.  Geno was one of the worst QBs in the NFL.  Huge difference.

don't waste your time perdo...you're talking to a wall (Eugene supporters) 

Vick never gets near Florham Park if Jets' management thought Smith was any good. What they say now and who starts in Septmber can and will be different things.

Vick never gets near Florham Park if Jets' management thought Smith was any good. What they say now and who starts in Septmber can and will be different things.

Totally disagree.  The Jets not going QB in Round One proves this even more.  The Jets like Geno.

Vick had one really good year, a few years ago. And it wasn't even that great. He turns the ball over a lot. And he's getting older.

Vick is here to do some of that Garrard job and mentor, but hopefully as someone who can step on the field if Geno is terrible or gets hurt. But the Jets aren't going to give Geno a quick hook. They need to find out sooner rather than later if Geno is the guy, and the only way to do that is to let him play. If they start Vick this year, they're back in QB limbo in 2015, still unsure of what Geno has to offer. That's a worst case scenario. They'll want to know if they're going forward with Geno next year, or going in another direction. Definitively. He'll be the opening day starter.

They brought Vick in cause he knows the system and he can coach Geno about how to be an NFL quarterback of a similar desired playing style. I don't like Vick. I wish he wasn't here. But I don't think they brought him in cause they thought he was superior. No one thinks Vick is elite. When we picked at the draft, all the "top" rated quarterbacks were on the board. We passed on all of them. Not saying Geno is good, cause I don't think he is, but the top brass of our team.. they do. 

Archived