Which draft pick was your favorite ?

Larz

There is a lot of history that goes with the Amaro pick. It's not in any way an exaggeration to say that he was drafted specifically to be Geno Smith's Wes Welker. Amaro put up record numbers at the Y receiver position in the air raid offense under Kliff Kingsbury at Texas Tech. Klingsbury was the quarterback when Welker played the same position in the original air raid at Tech under Mike Leach. One of Leach's assistants was Dana Holgorsen, who coached Geno in the system at West Virginia.

Also in Pryor Rex gets his 46, so there's that.

good stuff, thanks for posting

There is a lot of history that goes with the Amaro pick. It's not in any way an exaggeration to say that he was drafted specifically to be Geno Smith's Wes Welker. Amaro put up record numbers at the Y receiver position in the air raid offense under Kliff Kingsbury at Texas Tech. Klingsbury was the quarterback when Welker played the same position in the original air raid at Tech under Mike Leach. One of Leach's assistants was Dana Holgorsen, who coached Geno in the system at West Virginia.

Amaro was outright one of the bigger steals of the draft. He shouldn't have been there and I thank the script writers for not forgetting Los Yets in all that Browns hoopla. 

On the interview on the Jets site with Eric Allen he actually mentioned working with Wes Welker to help his route running. Really liked him before the draft and am happy we have him. He has good hands and tested out pretty well athletically at the combine. He's had success as an oversized WR and is a willing blocker, so not much more I can ask.

Least favorite was Pryor by far. Cooks would have been a far bigger upgrade for this team, and all of the elite prospects were gone when we picked Amaro.

I like the fourth round WRs, I think both can make the team and Saunders can contribute in a lot of ways, but I think Dozier was our best pick. Give him a year to learn from Colon and he could be special.

devlin_mike.jpg MIKE

DEVLIN

Offensive Line

\

Amaro, but this was the most disappointing draft of my jet fan life. I don't know if it was my faith in Idzik's first draft, the multiple picks, or the depth of this draft, but I was expecting so much more.

Missing out on Archer, Jackson, Gaines, Moncreif, Breeland, Ellington, Colvin, Bryant, Desir, Yankey, Mccarron, Abbrederis, sunseri, Exum, etc. I just don't understand all the reaches.

Saunders' Fresno highlights are pretty sick...ive read here he's not DJax fast...but he sure burns a lot of cb's in that vid.

Amaro

Pryor

Dozier

Im intrigued by McDougle...kid has superfast reflexes, gets his head around consistently, and is undeniably tough. I think because he was out the last 9 games people here ran with the "oft injured" babble. Was he a reach? Ok...but Im willing to give Rex/Idzik the benefit of the doubt.

F'n kid from Nebraska looks like a monster!

Hopefully this year pans out...if we landed 2 immediate starters, 2-3 now depth, future starters, and 2-3 long term depth guys...I love this draft.

The glass is half full, you f#ckers!

Missing out on Archer, Jackson, Gaines, Moncreif, Breeland, Ellington, Colvin, Bryant, Desir, Yankey, Mccarron, Abbrederis, sunseri, Exum, etc. I just don't understand all the reaches.

Dude, 75% of those name brand players are gonna turn out to be sh!t.

Amaro by a mile, then Dozier, and I think Reilly has a really long, outside shot to be a Jarrett Johnson type.

Why did Amaro's stock drop hard the last month or so, all I've read id how lame

he is, and how great Ebron is ? Now they can prove it on the field.

lets get some positive vibes going. Lets see if we can all agree Amaro was an awesome pick and find SOMEONE ELSE we liked

S - Calvin Pryor

CB - Dex McDougle

WR - Jalen Saunders

WR - Shaq Evans

OG - Dakota Dozier

ILB - Jeremiah George

CB - Brandon Dixon

WR - Quincy Enunwa

DE (OLB ?) - IK Enemkpali

QB - Tajh Boyd

OLB - Trevor Reilly

Loved the safety pick. I thought we were going Ha Ha Clinton Dix as he was the best rated safety. I never thought he'd fall to is, but jets obviously thought CP was the better pick (just like with Bortles n Manzy). I hope he can be Rex' Ed Reed.

Also liked the Mcdougle pick. He was injured last yr but I feel we got a player with tremendous raw talent that just needs to be exposed to some playing time (unlike DuMFcasse). Dozier was a good position pick, just don't know how the player himself is though.

I've been begging for a day 1 or day 2 guard since last yr. hopefully Dozier pans out.

Oh n Amaro was our best pick of the draft.

Dozier for his value.  (though I liked Yankey more for his versatility and sick hand punch).  Amaro because he's a better, more consistent version of Dustin Keller.  Beyond that, we did OK.  But could have packed a wallop.  If we could have re-drafted These are likely the only two I'd have on the 2014 roster.  My grade would be C+.  And i like Idzik.  Early on the word was he's a numbers guy more than a personnel guy.  I think those that pushed that opinion might have a feather in their cap after this draft.  No excuse for missing out on top WR talent and OL talent where we drafted.  Not in this draft class.

Don't overlook this guy:

Quincy Enunwa is a name to know for all the Donte Moncrief fans out there. Not to pick on Moncrief, whom we’ve already dubbed a desirable if not slightly overrated talent, but when we see Enunwa play, we see a lot of the things we wished we saw in Moncrief’s film. Meanwhile, all Quincy lacks in comparison to Donte is burst. You have to give Donte his due when it comes to explosion.

Based on his game film, and where we see him going (if he goes at all) in most mocks, Enunwa is a very underrated player. In fact, it’s hard to watch his tape without at least thinking about an Anquan Boldin comparison. Sorry ... had to.

There are some understandable reasons why Enunwa is not a big name ... apart from it being no fun at all to pronounce or to look at for that matter. Enunwa (EE-noon-WAH) played his college ball for Nebraska, and one thing they are not real big on down in Lincoln, is throwing the football. The ground game was preferred by the Cornhuskers in 2013 and it wasn’t close. We’re talking about 584 rush attempts as compared to 378 passing attempts. The caliber of quarterback was also somewhat weak, depending on which one was playing. There were three Cornhuskers passers with over 100 attempts in 2013, and none with more than 134--not exactly the definition of stability. Nevertheless, Enunwa produced to the tune of twelve touchdowns.

Quincy was invited to the Combine, but his weekend was cut short by a hamstring injury. Even with his limited availability, Enunwa impressed. Let’s check out the numbers:

Height - 6’2”
Weight - 225
Hands - 9 1/2”
40 - 4.45
Bench - 19
I think it’s time I re-quote Pete Carroll. “Big fast guys are the fewest around.” I’m sure a few NFL evaluators' eyes popped out of their sockets when Enunwa ran his forty. I have to say, we were impressed too and we liked Quincy a lot going in. We were hoping for 4.50 or better. So, like I said, Moncrief fans should take notice, because Enunwa is doing a lot of what Moncrief does and he does it while catching the ball ... with his hands. And, if the draftniks prove correct, Enunwa may offer considerable savings over a guy like Moncrief, who is going in the third round in most mock drafts I've seen.

Things we like about Quincy.

Strength - Not just in terms of being able to post good numbers in the bench press, though we like that too. As with Anquan Boldin, Enunwa has the kind of strength that shows up on game film. He’s hard to bring down and he’s hard to interfere with while the ball is in flight. He wards off defenders very well and often times very subtly.
Blocking - Quincy has the strength, build and disposition to be a very good blocker, and that's what we see on film. Chip Kelly, Kyle Shanahan and Jim Harbaugh are all salivating, and they're not alone.
Speed - We were prepared to tell you that Enunwa’s speed is better when in pads, but then he ran a 4.45 at the Combine. Now we can just say that he’s fast.
Ball skills - The strength helps here, but he also brings outstanding concentration and desire to the table. He has a “my ball” mentality, which we like. He has the hands and hand strength to make tough catches in a crowd.
Hands - He has solid though not spectacular hands. He’ll have a concentration drop here and there, but he’ll make some nice grabs for you too and even things out. Hands are not going to be a problem from what we see.
Running ability - Quincy will get yards after the catch, and he’ll gets yards after contact too. He’s a tough man to bring down and he employs a nice stiff arm. Enunwa can run away from most defenders too, so you get a nice combo of power and speed. And, once he gets going full speed, he’s like a runaway train. Be careful on the tracks.
Toughness - He is willing to hit and he is willing to take a hit. He’ll watch the ball into his hands knowing that he’s going to take a good whack. We see no signs of fear or alligator arms from Enunwa. Oh yeah, he was a team Captain. They don't hand out the "C" to just anybody in Lincoln.
Production - He was a developmental guy for a few years, but he started coming on as a sophomore and kept it going as a junior. Then, in his final year, Quincy absolutely erupted with 12 scores. His twelfth score, a 99-yarder, broke two records in a single play.

Amaro.....ridiculous that ASJ went before him.  We lucked out he was there and I'll give Idzik credit on that pick. 

And Enunwa looks like a beast. The arms on this kid are Calvin Johnsonesque. And I love the Dozier pick...move over Winters.

For Pryor to justify his slot, he needs to be a monster. Safety has been completely de-emphasized in the modern NFL, and taking one as early as they did means you need to hit a slam dunk. I like the player, hate the pick.

Amaro will hopefully be a good addition, but I don't think he's fast enough to be a difference maker.

This draft overall is very meh.

Nothing to get excited about.

More of a need than ever for Geno to pan out, or we are looking at eternal mediocrity and celebrating 8-8 as Rex pulling off more miracles.

Idzik better be damn sure about Geno because if he is not good we are going to waste a ton of defensive talent

Don't overlook this guy:

Quincy Enunwa is a name to know for all the Donte Moncrief fans out there. Not to pick on Moncrief, whom we’ve already dubbed a desirable if not slightly overrated talent, but when we see Enunwa play, we see a lot of the things we wished we saw in Moncrief’s film. Meanwhile, all Quincy lacks in comparison to Donte is burst. You have to give Donte his due when it comes to explosion.

Based on his game film, and where we see him going (if he goes at all) in most mocks, Enunwa is a very underrated player. In fact, it’s hard to watch his tape without at least thinking about an Anquan Boldin comparison. Sorry ... had to.

There are some understandable reasons why Enunwa is not a big name ... apart from it being no fun at all to pronounce or to look at for that matter. Enunwa (EE-noon-WAH) played his college ball for Nebraska, and one thing they are not real big on down in Lincoln, is throwing the football. The ground game was preferred by the Cornhuskers in 2013 and it wasn’t close. We’re talking about 584 rush attempts as compared to 378 passing attempts. The caliber of quarterback was also somewhat weak, depending on which one was playing. There were three Cornhuskers passers with over 100 attempts in 2013, and none with more than 134--not exactly the definition of stability. Nevertheless, Enunwa produced to the tune of twelve touchdowns.

Quincy was invited to the Combine, but his weekend was cut short by a hamstring injury. Even with his limited availability, Enunwa impressed. Let’s check out the numbers:

Height - 6’2”

Weight - 225

Hands - 9 1/2”

40 - 4.45

Bench - 19

I think it’s time I re-quote Pete Carroll. “Big fast guys are the fewest around.” I’m sure a few NFL evaluators' eyes popped out of their sockets when Enunwa ran his forty. I have to say, we were impressed too and we liked Quincy a lot going in. We were hoping for 4.50 or better. So, like I said, Moncrief fans should take notice, because Enunwa is doing a lot of what Moncrief does and he does it while catching the ball ... with his hands. And, if the draftniks prove correct, Enunwa may offer considerable savings over a guy like Moncrief, who is going in the third round in most mock drafts I've seen.

Things we like about Quincy.

Strength - Not just in terms of being able to post good numbers in the bench press, though we like that too. As with Anquan Boldin, Enunwa has the kind of strength that shows up on game film. He’s hard to bring down and he’s hard to interfere with while the ball is in flight. He wards off defenders very well and often times very subtly.

Blocking - Quincy has the strength, build and disposition to be a very good blocker, and that's what we see on film. Chip Kelly, Kyle Shanahan and Jim Harbaugh are all salivating, and they're not alone.

Speed - We were prepared to tell you that Enunwa’s speed is better when in pads, but then he ran a 4.45 at the Combine. Now we can just say that he’s fast.

Ball skills - The strength helps here, but he also brings outstanding concentration and desire to the table. He has a “my ball” mentality, which we like. He has the hands and hand strength to make tough catches in a crowd.

Hands - He has solid though not spectacular hands. He’ll have a concentration drop here and there, but he’ll make some nice grabs for you too and even things out. Hands are not going to be a problem from what we see.

Running ability - Quincy will get yards after the catch, and he’ll gets yards after contact too. He’s a tough man to bring down and he employs a nice stiff arm. Enunwa can run away from most defenders too, so you get a nice combo of power and speed. And, once he gets going full speed, he’s like a runaway train. Be careful on the tracks.

Toughness - He is willing to hit and he is willing to take a hit. He’ll watch the ball into his hands knowing that he’s going to take a good whack. We see no signs of fear or alligator arms from Enunwa. Oh yeah, he was a team Captain. They don't hand out the "C" to just anybody in Lincoln.

Production - He was a developmental guy for a few years, but he started coming on as a sophomore and kept it going as a junior. Then, in his final year, Quincy absolutely erupted with 12 scores. His twelfth score, a 99-yarder, broke two records in a single play.

He sounds like the second coming in this write up. If this is anywhere near true the Jets FO is gonna look like a bunch o geniuses. 

I just got a little bit chubbed up reading this one.  :happy0069:

i think Brandon Dixon has some potential im glad they scooped him up late, the thing i am most excited about is the players who were not drafted, there are some pretty talented players still left (Jackson jeffcoat, dion baily, that huge dt from LSU, Brandon coleman, colt lyerla(though he is crazy)) cant wait to see who the jets can still scoop up and am definatly excited about training camp. i would also assume that most of the people who don't think the jets had a good draft are the same people who follow everything the "experts" say and don't do any of their own research. (sitting in the war room on nfl.com during the draft all i saw was comments about how the jets need to draft these big name guys who are mentioned on tv and when those guys were not picked it was a terrible addition) i think we did quite well and again am excited for training camp and next season

Archived