5 154 Jeremiah George ILB Iowa State                   F

6 195 Brandon Dixon CB Northwest Missouri State B

6 209 Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska                      C+

6 210 IK Enemkpali DE Louisiana Tech                   B

6 213 Tajh Boyd QB Clemson                                  D

7 233 Trevor Reilly OLB Utah                                  A

Overall : C-

Thoughts.

That is the mother of all reaches. Why do think its not a F ?

I've never see the guy play so I can't say where he should have been drafted.  what about the player and what he brings ?  is he a fit for marty ?

Okay, well it's clear you are basing this on media grades. That's fine, that's all I had to go on too... but I'm not flapping around as if the Jets did something horrible because media grades ended up misleading me. The reality is, LOTS of players fell and LOTS of players got "reached" on.

The center that the Patriots took in like round 3 has a scouting report that says he'd be UDFA. 

Okay, well it's clear you are basing this on media grades. That's fine, that's all I had to go on too... but I'm not flapping around as if the Jets did something horrible because media grades ended up misleading me. The reality is, LOTS of players fell and LOTS of players got "reached" on.

The center that the Patriots took in like round 3 has a scouting report that says he'd be UDFA. 

WHo the hell cars if the Pats crash and burn or any other does the same. The focus is on JETS.

Nice try to force an implication. Let me know where you see the same grades being assigned anywhere else.

That is the mother of all reaches. Why do think its not a F ?

FWIW, not ONE analyst on either broadcast thought it was a reach, in fact it was noted as one of the best picks in the 4th round by NFL Network. He is the best PR in the draft, that alone makes him a minimum of a C. He's just light, but durable and tough and productive. I thought it was a really good pick.

WHo the hell cars if the Pats crash and burn or any other does the same. The focus is on JETS.

Nice try to force an implication. Let me know where you see the same grades being assigned anywhere else.

I'm not trying to force anything. I think you sound foolish, and are acting like you have a level of knowledge that you clearly don't.

It's one thing to use media grades as a frame of reference, it's an entirely other thing to embrace the media grades as gospel and then flail about like a ninny when the draft inevitably doesn't match up with them.

Every single year the draft is completely OFF from the media grades... and yet teams still somehow get better and such.

4th round ? Its a F. Sixth round it s a higher grade.. There were a lot of better options available at that point.

so this is all about how the player met with kipers best available ? 

Thats all we expect from a 4th rounder ? Ahh Joe McKnight eh.

Leon Washington. 

Yeah, pretty much... situational players. Football teams are comprised of role players. You talk as if every draft pick should result in a hall of famer. LOL

FWIW, not ONE analyst on either broadcast thought it was a reach, in fact it was noted as one of the best picks in the 4th round by NFL Network. He is the best PR in the draft, that alone makes him a minimum of a C. He's just light, but durable and tough and productive. I thought it was a really good pick.

I just dont think PR's are a 4th round focus when you have a need at WR. There were a lot better options available. And its not like this kid was going anywhere before the 6th.

Extremly low value pick.

I'm not trying to force anything. I think you sound foolish, and are acting like you have a level of knowledge that you clearly don't.

It's one thing to use media grades as a frame of reference, it's an entirely other thing to embrace the media grades as gospel and then flail about like a ninny when the draft inevitably doesn't match up with them.

Every single year the draft is completely OFF from the media grades... and yet teams still somehow get better and such.

Hahaha....just because you want to cheerlead does not mean you have to insult anyone who disagrees with you. Pick up you poms poms and start cheerleading no one is stopping you.

Hahaha....just because you want to cheerlead does not mean you have to insult anyone who disagrees with you. Pick up you poms poms and start cheerleading no one is stopping you.

I'm not being mean, no intentionally, I'm just trying to pull you out of your tantrum with some perspective. Anyone that knows my history as a poster here and on other sites, should know I'm not much of a cheerleader. Hell I was calling for Mangini to be fired in his first year, when everyone else loved the guy. 

DIdnt the Joe MckNight pick happen to replace Leon,

Yes. They were both 4th rounders, some do better than others, both were ROLE PLAYERS to the point I made earlier.

I'm not being mean, no intentionally, I'm just trying to pull you out of your tantrum with some perspective. Anyone that knows my history as a poster here and on other sites, should know I'm not much of a cheerleader. Hell I was calling for Mangini to be fired in his first year, when everyone else loved the guy. 

Yes. They were both 4th rounders, some do better than others, both were ROLE PLAYERS to the point I made earlier.

Please tell me the upside of that pick instead of deflecting.

I just dont think PR's are a 4th round focus when you have a need at WR. There were a lot better options available. And its not like this kid was going anywhere before the 6th.

Extremly low value pick.

He's not a PR, he is a physical (despite his size) playmaker that is elusive and has excellent game speed. The return ability is a big plus.

Rnd

1 18 Calvin Pryor FS Louisville                               A

2 49 Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech                            B+

3 80 Dexter McDougle CB Maryland                       D

4 104 Jalen Saunders WR Oklahoma                     F

4 115 Shaquelle Evans WR UCLA                          B

4 137 Dakota Dozier OG Furman                           A

5 154 Jeremiah George ILB Iowa State                   F

6 213 Tajh Boyd QB Clemson                                  D

Thoughts.

I disagree with you. Thats my thought.

Rnd

1 18 Calvin Pryor FS Louisville                               B+ (Best Safety in the draft. I give it a B+ and not an A given his position in comparison to the WR's we left on the board to acquire him. Calvin Pryor is a top talent though so the grade doesnt necessarily describe my feelings for his game, only the circumstance)

2 49 Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech                            A (arguably the best TE in the draft)

3 80 Dexter McDougle CB Maryland                       D+ (The pick was a reach, but you do see the potential in him)

4 104 Jalen Saunders WR Oklahoma                     B+ (Weapon in open space, can produce in the slot & outside, can stretch the field, feared special teamer)

4 115 Shaquelle Evans WR UCLA                          B

4 137 Dakota Dozier OG Furman                           B (He needs work, not an A grade to me.)

5 154 Jeremiah George ILB Iowa State                   B- (his stats alone shows he's not an F.)

6 213 Tajh Boyd QB Clemson                                  B (Tajh Boyd based on where he was taken brings value to this team. I would have rather had David Fales or Logan Thomas, but dont get it confused, Tajh Boyd with the 4th pick in the 6th round has steal potential written all over it).

Overall : A

Anyone who would rate Saunders an F just didn't watch OU games. He's a player and an excellent pick. A lot of these draft publications rate people based on physical traits rather than their ability to make plays.. Martavius Bryant is proof of that. Anyone who watch him play saw a body catcher who lacked a lot of polish to his game. Saunders will be a payaker from day one. First on all specials and then in multiple receiver sets.

This will be my grade.

Little better than a B but

slightly less than a B+

1. CALVIN PRYOR A Would be a A+ since CB was bigger need.

2. JACE AMARO A+ Need plus best TE in draft

3. DEXTER MCDOUGLE F Only 3 games in college and a third round pick. Get him later. Wasted a third.

4. JALEN SAUNDERS C- There were other players better than him. A late 5th rounder going early. His plus/ returner

5. SHAQUILE EVANS D+ Terrible pick. So many receivers who were left better than him. No breakaway speed or tackle.

6. DAKOTA DOZIER A- Was a small school gem. He will be a great guard. Give him time.

7. JEREMIAH GEORGE F Total waste pick. So deep a draft and you take a special teamer in the fifth round.

8. BRANDON DIXON B Division 2 warrior CB. He is better than MCDOUGLE. He needs coaching and he will bloom.

9. QUINCY ENUNWA B Interesting player who I watched many times. He could be a surprise. Big and tough and good hands

10. IK ENAMPALI C Practice squad player. Needs time to develop.

11. TAJH BOYD D Good college QB but will never succeed in the NFL. Not accurate at all. good guy and competitor.

12. TREVOR REILLY A+ A third round pick in the 7th is a steal. Speed rusher and tough as nails

Does anyone remember the consensus grade on the Richardson pick last year?...betcha nobody had it as A+++

End thread.

BTW maybe it's because I generally ignored DL last year but what a scouting pick by the Jets. IIRC Floyd was by far the more popular prospect even though Richardson outpaced him in height, weight, arm length, and most if not all of the combine drills.

The Saunders pick is more interesting than outright bad. The guy who went a couple of picks later, Ellington, was a more popular prospect but shorter arms, more injuries, and less physically aggressive. It was interesting that they went within a couple picks of one another, makes me think the 49ers liked Saunders and settled for Ellington. Ellington really only beat him by a significant amount in the vert, but Saunders did well in the drills he did (40, broad, vert). 

Edit: Oops, Ellington has the longer arms. I'm curious to see which one ends up the better player. 

Rnd

1 18 Calvin Pryor FS Louisville                               A ---A  Wanted  Dennad or Cooks,  Pryor is still a great pick

2 49 Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech                            B+ ---  C-  Think Anthony Becht

3 80 Dexter McDougle CB Maryland                       D---D.  ???? Baffling.  This guy still would have been there in the 5th 

4 104 Jalen Saunders WR Oklahoma                     F---C+.   Intriguing player.  Will upgrade the punt return.  Won't be a starter, but is explosive 

4 115 Shaquelle Evans WR UCLA                          B---C-  Don't undestand this pick.  Nelson will be beter

4 137 Dakota Dozier OG Furman                           A-----A  This guy will be a starter before the year is out

5 154 Jeremiah George ILB Iowa State                   F----B+ Like the guy will be a starter in 2015

6 195 Brandon Dixon CB Northwest Missouri State B-- C

6 209 Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska                      C+  D

6 210 IK Enemkpali DE Louisiana Tech                   B--C

6 213 Tajh Boyd QB Clemson                                  D--B  Good value, probably a 10 year back up

7 233 Trevor Reilly OLB Utah                                  A----  C-  Over aged and can't stay healthy

Thoughts.

I cannot believe at the rush of support for Jalen Saunders pick. It was a horrible horrible pick. A pick that should not have been made in the 4th round and that too that early int he 4th round and also because most likely he would have been available in the 6th round.

Can anyone tell me of another starting WR in any NFL teams that is 5'9", 165 lbs  and has less than blazing speed.

If the JETS were hell bent on looking for a slot receiver they should have picked Ellington OR if they were looking for the best WR prospect available at that point of time it would have been Kevin Norwood.

Hey now that he is with the JETS i wish him all the best. But nothing will change the fact that he was a mother of all reaches with the 4th pick in the 4th round.

I cannot believe at the rush of support for Jalen Saunders pick. It was a horrible horrible pick. A pick that should not have been made in the 4th round and that too that early int he 4th round and also because most likely he would have been available in the 6th round.

Can anyone tell me of another starting WR in any NFL teams that is 5'9", 165 lbs  and has less than blazing speed.

If the JETS were hell bent on looking for a slot receiver they should have picked Ellington OR if they were looking for the best WR prospect available at that point of time it would have been Kevin Norwood.

Hey now that he is with the JETS i wish him all the best. But nothing will change the fact that he was a mother of all reaches with the 4th pick in the 4th round.

the mother of all reaches was philly's 1st round pick.  even he didn't expect it, lol

But do PR's deserve 4th round picks ?

You can rate him a D instead of F. But it doesnt make this less than lousy pick.

I didn't say he would be solely a PR forever. My point was simply that he can contribute immediately, which mitigates the reach somewhat.

Archived