Rating each pick.A

JetsFanInDenver

I cannot believe at the rush of support for Jalen Saunders pick. It was a horrible horrible pick. A pick that should not have been made in the 4th round and that too that early int he 4th round and also because most likely he would have been available in the 6th round.

Can anyone tell me of another starting WR in any NFL teams that is 5'9", 165 lbs  and has less than blazing speed.

If the JETS were hell bent on looking for a slot receiver they should have picked Ellington OR if they were looking for the best WR prospect available at that point of time it would have been Kevin Norwood.

Hey now that he is with the JETS i wish him all the best. But nothing will change the fact that he was a mother of all reaches with the 4th pick in the 4th round.

He's 175 pounds. In answer to your question, Dexter McCluster, Steve Smith and Wes Welker are 5' 9" or less and not speedsters. I'll reserve judgement on the pick until I see him play. The people who have watched him seem quite pleased with the pick and his detractors appear to be basing it on media draft boards.

Can anyone tell me of another starting WR in any NFL teams that is 5'9", 165 lbs  and has less than blazing speed.

He's 175 pounds. In answer to your question, Dexter McCluster, Steve Smith and Wes Welker are 5' 9" or less and not speedsters. I'll reserve judgement on the pick until I see him play. The people who have watched him seem quite pleased with the pick and his detractors appear to be basing it on media draft boards.

Both Steve Smith and Wes Welker were a lot better built than him and quite a few pounds over 165 lbs (based on NFL.com site).

Which leaves us Dexter McCLuster. who has a sum total of 1500 yards and 5 TDs in 4 seasons with the Chiefs. Not resounding success.

Not sure why the Enunwa pick is getting so much hate. Guy's built at 6'2 225, has some speed (4.45), and was pretty productive for a Nebraska team that did not have a capable quarterback throwing the ball. He's raw, needs some work on routes and catching technique, but flashes the ability to snatch the ball and is also a high character guy (team captain).

Should be able to carve out a role on specials too with his physical abilities. I think there's more than a small chance he has a better career than Evans, who needs work in similar areas but isn't as physically talented, is nearly two years older, and frankly wasn't much more productive despite playing with a better quarterback. 

Both Steve Smith and Wes Welker were a lot better built than him and quite a few pounds over 165 lbs (based on NFL.com site).

Which leaves us Dexter McCLuster. who has a sum total of 1500 yards and 5 TDs in 4 seasons with the Chiefs. Not resounding success.

Most of the time he spent on the field during his first two seasons was as a PR and he averaged over 15 yards per return as a rookie. His 50+ catches the past two years would indicate he is at least a productive player. In addition, he misses very few games so durability for small players is not always an issue. The other two players are not debatable. 

Most of the time he spent on the field during his first two seasons was as a PR and he averaged over 15 yards per return as a rookie. His 50+ catches the past two years would indicate he is at least a productive player. In addition, he misses very few games so durability for small players is not always an issue.

Still not stellar production in 4 seasons by any means.

Sure, why waste a 4th rounder when you could just pay $12M/3 with $5M guaranteed? McCluster went at the top of the 2nd round and I have not heard him called a "bust". 

I dint get the numbers you are throwing around.

Is this guy even with the team that drafted him ? But hey if you can live with that kind of production suit yourself.

I would expect a 4th rounder to do a lot lot better. Just dont see the value.

Archived