•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Jalen Saunders: The Tape

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

Little dude is a beast. 165LBs yet is a fearless blocker for both the run and pass and will continue until the whistle. He finds a way to contribute to the play even if the play isn't designed for him. Also, he forces penalties on the defense with his quickness and shiftiness. Damn good punt returner.

Edited by Villain The Foe, 11 May 2014 - 10:10 AM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#2 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

Edited by Villain The Foe, 11 May 2014 - 10:03 AM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#3 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,029 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

Who in the league plays at <180 without elite speed and survives?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#4 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

Who in the league plays at <180 without elite speed and survives?

We'll have to see. I hear he's now up to 175lbs. It was stated at Idzik's day 3 press conference. 

NYJetsScript.gif

#5 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,352 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

nice tape.  just give the kid some joe weider weight gainer, lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#6 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,839 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

You know that when coaches talk about "studying tape," they're not talking about YouTube cutups, right?

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#7 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,579 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

I WATCH ALL THE GAMES ON ALL 22 BRAH

#8 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,761 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

I have a tape of myself running in my backyard- sending it to Idzik

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#9 Patriot Killa

Patriot Killa

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

Saunders could be something I feel it. Idk.. something I felt with Richardson last year when you all bagged on him. That Bester kid and #3 seem damn good.

#10 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,029 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

You know that when coaches talk about "studying tape," they're not talking about YouTube cutups, right?

Are too. They just mute the rap track.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#11 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,281 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

nice tape. just give the kid some joe weider weight gainer, lol

I don't see how diarrhea will help him. Unless he'll be slidin' into third...

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#12 dundunit

dundunit

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

He's kerley insurance. He's a punt returner and a shift receiver. I kind of think this pick means we aren't resigning kerley next year. Evans wasa replacement for hill, saunders a replacement for kerley

#13 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 34,290 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

what I like about him is he is fearless AND he knows how to catch a football WITH HIS HANDS. This kid looks like he's going to force that stiff that we drafted in the 2nd round to a nice managerial position at the local Burger King...Stephen Hill that's the guy-he is done as a Jet...and as Green Day once said: GODD RIDDANCE

#14 Jets Voice of Reason

Jets Voice of Reason

Are you listening?

• Members
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

I think he's got a chance. He's a backup slot and legit returner.

Pros: Good hand catching and good in space. He is a willing blocker despite his size, albeit against Alabama it looks like his size is going to hurt him there.

Cons: Looks like he's going to have trouble with high balls because of his height and I don't like that if his initial route is covered he just kind of gives up on the play and doesn't try to help his QB out that much. He had a couple bad fumbles as well and I don't know how durable he's going to be.

I think I would've preferred a higher upside guy, but I don't hate him as a player. He's pretty talented but with a big flaw and looks like he was probably worth being a 4th-5th rounder guy.

Remember that time a few months ago when I said I had blue balls, and you, well, you gave a brother a hand?

That would be it for me..

#15 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Yes. Only non coaches from their house call youtube cutup's tape. What morons!   :winking0001:

Edited by Villain The Foe, 11 May 2014 - 11:05 AM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#16 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

Are too. They just mute the rap track.

lol

NYJetsScript.gif

#17 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,289 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

Before I even opened the thread I thought: "these are YouTube clips and Villain telling us he's awesome because of them."

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#18 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

He's kerley insurance. He's a punt returner and a shift receiver. I kind of think this pick means we aren't resigning kerley next year. Evans wasa replacement for hill, saunders a replacement for kerley

Not necessarily. It for sure means that Kerley won't hold us hostage. But kerley can produce on the field. Hill for sure is in trouble because all these WR's can't make the squad. I'll be rooting for Hill though. If competition will allow Hill to put it together than his 6'4 frame and sub 4.4 speed will be much needed. He needs to earn it though. 

Edited by Villain The Foe, 11 May 2014 - 12:07 PM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#19 LAD_Brooklyn

LAD_Brooklyn

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

I kind of disagree and think he may be better then Kerley. Not in 2014 but beyond that yes.

#20 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,352 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

I figured by tape all he meant was it wasn't a highlight reel

jeesh

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#21 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,147 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

Pros: Good hand catching and good in space. He is a willing blocker despite his size, albeit against Alabama it looks like his size is going to hurt him there.

Cons: Looks like he's going to have trouble with high balls because of his height and I don't like that if his initial route is covered he just kind of gives up on the play and doesn't try to help his QB out that much. He had a couple bad fumbles as well and I don't know how durable he's going to be.

I think I would've preferred a higher upside guy, but I don't hate him as a player. He's pretty talented but with a big flaw and looks like he was probably worth being a 4th-5th rounder guy.

On the other hand, it gives him a better shot at catching Geno's bounce passes. 

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#22 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

165 or not guy can Ball.

#23 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

I kind of disagree and think he may be better then Kerley. Not in 2014 but beyond that yes.

I agree. He's faster than Kerley. And at the same point in their career Jalen has been light years more productive than Jeremy Kerley. Kerley never had a 100 yard game in college, Jalen has 10 with 5 of those going for 150+ yards. Kerley has only scored multiple TD's in his collegiate career twice both in his senior season, Jalen did it 6 times though out his years. Saunders least productive years rivals Kerley's most productive year (yards wise). Kerley caught 12 TD's in his college career, Saunders caught 12 TD's in his sophomore year alone. 

This is purely a comparison of collegiate stats. I think we scored huge on Kerley so Im not trying to come off like he needs to be replaced. What I'm saying is that Saunders has the looks to be a guy who could legitimately fight for that #2 spot and most definitely can produce in the slot. Also, if the Jets find a serviceable #2 WR (David Nelson or Shaq Evans???) and Saunders is held to slot service then having Decker and Nelson (or Shaq) on the outside with Kerley and Saunders on the inside during 4 WR sets sounds much more respectable than what we were putting on the field last year. Heck, imagine that with Jace Amaro in-line? its not the best line-up in the league but I do believe that Saunders is making this team and Shaq & Quincy could show more than the depth WR's we currently have. 

Edited by Villain The Foe, 11 May 2014 - 11:56 AM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#24 dundunit

dundunit

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Not necessarily. It for sure means that Kerley won't hold us hostage. But kerley can produce on the field. Hill for sure is in trouble because all these WR's can't make the squad. I'll be rooting for Hill though. If competition will allow Hill to put it together than his 6'4 farm and sub 4.4 speed will be much needed. He needs to earn it though.

I see it playing out next year like Austin Howard's situation. Idzik will give kerley a number and will not budge. If kerley likes it he'lm resign, if he gets a better offer he's gone

#25 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

I noticed the 2 high balls that went off his hands as well. Not the biggest of catching radius. His hands aren't big.

I see what you mean with the higher ceiling type player, however I feel that when you are already super thin at the position and already have a 6'4 developmental player in Hill then you get guys who have a higher floor because after all, you need production now. Once production is somewhat respectable then I feel that we can take a chance on another developmental guy. We'd be pissed if we drafted a guy like Martavis Bryant which has much more upside potential, but if he doesn't put it together then we're stuck with Decker and Kerley being our only productive WR's for the entire year while having Hill and Bryant who look like beast sitting on the sideline on I.R. towards the end of the season on our way to another 8-8 type record. 

Seems like Idzik felt that we needed to get those "what you see is what you get" type players so we at least know that we're adding something immediately for the short term.

Edited by Villain The Foe, 11 May 2014 - 12:15 PM.

NYJetsScript.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users