Breaking Down The Draft - With Matt Bitonti

Maxman

For all of the Internet's faults, I think it has finally come to the realization that if you're bitching about 6th round draft picks, you probably need to take a break from watching sports for a while.

I think Jet fans like to bitch about Tom Brady

Bitonti is awesome, great insight. Of course we are friends,but putting that aside, his analysis tends to be on point quite often. Good to see him get his props!

Yea LL, as a guy who NEVER watched much College football, I have leaned on Matt's analysis a lot of times over the years when it comes to guys who I have heard about. 

Yea LL, as a guy who NEVER watched much College football, I have leaned on Matt's analysis a lot of times over the years when it comes to guys who I have heard about. 

I'll watch LSU, maybe some Florida or Florida State games, maybe if I am feeling real rowdy I will watch Cincinnati Bearcats or maybe UCONN Football, but I can't match wits with Bit when it comes to college football, that guy knows College Football.

LL

thanks for the kind words, I should note that Riggins44 (R44) is still a huge part of the DD website (update the blog every dam day) and he's a great source for small schoolers and other blind spots in my coverage.

He doesn't post on boards much anymore but he's the man. 

thanks for the kind words, I should note that Riggins44 (R44) is still a huge part of the DD website (update the blog every dam day) and he's a great source for small schoolers and other blind spots in my coverage.

He doesn't post on boards much anymore but he's the man. 

R44 is excellent- miss him on these sites posting

Can you imagine if the Pats had drafted McDougle in the 3rd? That would be a 10-page thread by now.

This was actually a very Patriot like draft for the Jets.  A ton of picks and a bunch of so called "reaches" by the people who think they know what they're talking about.  And if you look at recent history, they're terrible at it too.

Not to say, that you're wrong or anything, I just figured stuff and things.

A ton of picks and a bunch of so called "reaches" by the people who think they know what they're talking about.

Do they? I think if you actually asked the people whose rankings are being used as a measuring stick for reality, most of them would probably freely admit that once you get outside of the top couple of tiers these things are ballpark at best. The high scores for the Huddle Report's top 100 contest every year are generally in the 75-80 range, meaning that beyond the gimmes they're basically only 50/50 at correctly putting these guys into the top 100 let alone ranking the ones who fall outside of that. Some sites do these rankings up to 200 or 250 or whatever but in reality when you get to that point in the draft tons of guys are going to the only team that actually has them on the board. There just isn't any such thing as a general set of rankings beyond some number that's no greater than about 50.

Victor Cruz ... Undrafted free agent

James Harrison was too, I think

Right situation, right attitude, right organization and on and on and on and on...you just never know.

I like our picks and i like bitontis posts...keep em coming

Do they? I think if you actually asked the people whose rankings are being used as a measuring stick for reality, most of them would probably freely admit that once you get outside of the top couple of tiers these things are ballpark at best. The high scores for the Huddle Report's top 100 contest every year are generally in the 75-80 range, meaning that beyond the gimmes they're basically only 50/50 at correctly putting these guys into the top 100 let alone ranking the ones who fall outside of that. Some sites do these rankings up to 200 or 250 or whatever but in reality when you get to that point in the draft tons of guys are going to the only team that actually has them on the board. There just isn't any such thing as a general set of rankings beyond some number that's no greater than about 50.

Said something similar just not as elegantly put in another a thread.

I was more so talking about the fan reaction. 

3rd round on, its a crap shoot, if you land a real player, its defying the odds.

Archived