Dia de Muerto - Mafia Win

DPR

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Crusher makes jokes always. The trick is to learn when it's for genuine fun and when he's using his meta to mask his scum agenda. It's D1 and I'm feeling him out, why you gotta step all over that and defend him? Not that he really addressed me anyway aside from making another joke.

2. Yes it is. Smash has been around and should know what he just did was retarded. I don't need to explain it to him. He wants me to so he can bog me and the thread down in a pointless discussion about the pros and cons of no lynching instead of scum hunting like we should be. I'm not going to let him do that. I would much rather he explain why this game of all games is the game to no lynch D1 on. Have we seen him do it in other recent games? No. So it bears explaining and that's exactly what I expect him to do.

1. Eeew... I'm not defending him, I'm noticing how you're packaging up your statements to make people look bad. Hell, you did it just now, connecting me to him.

2. I don't get where you are coming from. Smash's "no lynch" vote and your reaction to it seem to be what will serve as the shift from joke votes to real play... so I don't agree that "pointless rhetoric" applies. EDIT: the discussion of pros and cons of anything IS the medium for scum hunting. 

I feel like you are throwing the generic "he should be scumhunting" note out there, in a circumstance where there was nothing game related going on. Nobody is "scumhunting" on page 3. There is no "pointless rhetoric" if it shifts the game into gear... because that IS what will lead to eventually scumhunting.

In other words, you are coming across as disingenuous in the poitns you are making.

1. Eeew... I'm not defending him, I'm noticing how you're packaging up your statements to make people look bad. Hell, you did it just now, connecting me to him.

2. I don't get where you are coming from. Smash's "no lynch" vote and your reaction to it seem to be what will serve as the shift from joke votes to real play... so I don't agree that "pointless rhetoric" applies.

1. If they look bad it's because they've done bad. A duck is a duck I'm just putting a name to this sh*t. And yeah if you're gonna step in the middle before someone addresses an accusation (obviously Crusher is going to avoid but that's besides the point) you're speaking for them aka defending them. If you weren't you would have let Crusher say something first then you'd try to poke holes in what I put out there. As it is you've completely deflected the issue from Crusher and even Smash and made it about me and you. 

2. So you're going to use the tired old defense of "he was acting stupid on purpose to set a trap!"? Pro tip, sometimes an idiot is just an idiot. I don't know what Smash's deal is but I'm not going to spend time explaining to him why his move was dumb until he explains why he thinks it's necessary or good.

1. If they look bad it's because they've done bad. A duck is a duck I'm just putting a name to this sh*t. And yeah if you're gonna step in the middle before someone addresses an accusation (obviously Crusher is going to avoid but that's besides the point) you're speaking for them aka defending them. If you weren't you would have let Crusher say something first then you'd try to poke holes in what I put out there. As it is you've completely deflected the issue from Crusher and even Smash and made it about me and you. 

2. So you're going to use the tired old defense of "he was acting stupid on purpose to set a trap!"? Pro tip, sometimes an idiot is just an idiot. I don't know what Smash's deal is but I'm not going to spend time explaining to him why his move was dumb until he explains why he thinks it's necessary or good.

Q(o_oQ)  Nolder fighting!

my nigga just said pro tip

No Lynch sucks because you can't pin scum down trying to bus a teammate, white knight a townie, etc. They know nobody from their team is at risk, and they'll play loose and make less mistakes. A town-driven lynch will inevitably force some scum to take stances on certain players early, and potentially defend/distance....none of which will occur on a D1 where nobody is going to die.

Also, No Lynch is better in late game when town power roles are alive and with odd vs even numbers, it sometimes makes mathematical sense to No Lynch in order to put off endgame and allow the Cop one more viewing, etc.

Also, based on the setup we know of this game, nothing points to a setup that favors No Lynch. Doggin's old Red Scare game is the closest to a setup designed around that mechanic.

So, yeah. No Lynch is a sh*t play on D1. Case closed.

No Lynch sucks because you can't pin scum down trying to bus a teammate, white knight a townie, etc. They know nobody from their team is at risk, and they'll play loose and make less mistakes. A town-driven lynch will inevitably force some scum to take stances on certain players early, and potentially defend/distance....none of which will occur on a D1 where nobody is going to die.

Also, No Lynch is better in late game when town power roles are alive and with odd vs even numbers, it sometimes makes mathematical sense to No Lynch in order to put off endgame and allow the Cop one more viewing, etc.

Also, based on the setup we know of this game, nothing points to a setup that favors No Lynch. Doggin's old Red Scare game is the closest to a setup designed around that mechanic.

So, yeah. No Lynch is a sh*t play on D1. Case closed.

Don't waste time on this dumbdumb. If he's scum it's what he wants.

Watch him come back and argue about what you just said now.

Archived