Jace Amaro had been arrested on felony credit card abuse charges as a sophmore

stugotz81

No I read your sentence correctly, I knew it was referring to the past and that it was in his sophomore year. 

While its fair to bring this topic to the forum since thats what we do here, I was calling you Manish because by virtue of the fact that you created this thread, you think it is of significance, which in my opinion is not. The charges were dropped shortly after and no problems arose from it. 

Like I said, i suppose its fair to bring up this topic but its the same sh*t I would roll my eyes about if one of these beat writers wrote. Painting the player in a poor light in the title simply to later say... "but it was all good in the end"

Thank you for your concern about my reading abilities though..bro

part of me feels bad that i may have disappointed you with this thread.  

No I read your sentence correctly, I knew it was referring to the past and that it was in his sophomore year. 

While its fair to bring this topic to the forum since thats what we do here, I was calling you Manish because by virtue of the fact that you created this thread, you think it is of significance, which in my opinion is not. The charges were dropped shortly after and no problems arose from it. 

Like I said, i suppose its fair to bring up this topic but its the same sh*t I would roll my eyes about if one of these beat writers wrote. Painting the player in a poor light in the title simply to later say... "but it was all good in the end"

Thank you for your concern about my reading abilities though..bro

Actually...on second thought, i really don't give a sh*t....bro

I was surprised by how many "risk players" Idzik decided to draft. 3 with criminal records, and a couple with injury problems... Especially with how much they preach "being a jet."

LOL, they never defined what kind of 'Jet' ;)

I was surprised by how many "risk players" Idzik decided to draft. 3 with criminal records, and a couple with injury problems... Especially with how much they preach "being a jet."

And yet Colt Lyerla is still sitting on his couch without a job. Smh

good enough for me

Tech football players deny credit card abuse allegations

Posted on March 22, 2012 by NewsRoom in Cyber Fraud // 0 Comments

NCS_FBI11-145x150.png

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

Attorneys for Texas Tech football players Jace Amaro and Kenny Williams both released statements on Tuesday denying the credit/debit card abuse allegations and expressing regret for the negative media attention this event has brought on the university.

STATEMENT REGARDING JACE AMARO

Jace Amaro regrets the attention and criticism his actions have caused, according to his lawyer, Chuck Lanehart of Lubbock. The Texas Tech student athlete was arrested last weekend on alleged criminal violations in Lubbock. He is accused of two counts of the state jail felony offense of Credit/Debit Card Abuse and a single count of the Class A misdemeanor offense of Possession/Use of an Altered Driver’s License. A magistrate released him on his personal recognizance Saturday pending further investigation by law enforcement.

“Jace denies committing the offenses for which he was arrested, and he looks forward to a thorough investigation that will clear him of these accusations,” Lanehart wrote in a prepared statement issued Tuesday. “He cooperated fully with the management of the bar in question, and he answered all of their questions. He cooperated with the police and responded to all of their questions.

“It should be noted that only a brief preliminary police investigation took place over a period of minutes the morning of March 9, and an LPD detective was not assigned to the case until Monday, March 12. No prosecutor has studied the facts of the case, and no grand jury has looked into the case.

“Jace is saddened by the unfavorable publicity this incident has brought on Texas Tech University, the Texas Tech football program, his teammates and coaches, his classmates and his family,” Lanehart said. “He hopes the media and the public will reserve judgment on his actions until the truth is presented about what really happened last weekend.”

- See more at: http://nationalcybersecurity.com/tech-football-players-deny-credit-card-abuse-allegations/#sthash.MeCIpypm.dpuf

So, Lubbock had more important things to do than chase down a low level cc fraud, and, knowing the bar wouldn't be liable, didn't push for criminal charges because that would take hours of investigation and result in a slap on the wrist or, even worse, an acquittal due to lack of evidence once the right people got repaid. Therefore, Amaro is not guilty.  Bull.  He's a kid with the world at his fingertips who felt untouchable.  And he was right.  Most folks run up a tab on a CC that isn't theirs wind up with jail time and a bill. Hopefully this is youthful indiscretion and not entitlement crossed with idiocy.  I don't like bad people, no matter how many passes they catch, drinks they steal, dogs they kill or pro bowls they make.  Period.

So, Lubbock had more important things to do than chase down a low level cc fraud, and, knowing the bar wouldn't be liable, didn't push for criminal charges because that would take hours of investigation and result in a slap on the wrist or, even worse, an acquittal due to lack of evidence once the right people got repaid. Therefore, Amaro is not guilty.  Bull.  He's a kid with the world at his fingertips who felt untouchable.  And he was right.  Most folks run up a tab on a CC that isn't theirs wind up with jail time and a bill. Hopefully this is youthful indiscretion and not entitlement crossed with idiocy.  I don't like bad people, no matter how many passes they catch, drinks they steal, dogs they kill or pro bowls they make.  Period.

Drinking kids try to scam drinks, news at 11.

Has he gotten in any other trouble before or since? I'd chalk this one up as a lesson learned, and not worry about it. At all.

Drinking kids try to scam drinks, news at 11.

Has he gotten in any other trouble before or since? I'd chalk this one up as a lesson learned, and not worry about it. At all.

He stole someone's credit. He charged to someone else's account. He ran up a tab that he wasn't going to pay for. This isn't jean valjean stealing a loaf of bread. It's identity theft, credit card fraud and theft of services. For a bar tab. That's a doosh bag move. Ask yourself this: would it be okay if your landscaper found your card in the driveway and ran up a huge tab on it putting your credit rating in jeopardy, causing you to have to jump through hoops with your cc company and provide records to the police so they can generate a report that you then have to fax to you cc company to have the charges removed. The charges get removed, but now the business that provided the services loses their merchandise and service fees because the landscaper never got charged. Tell me, do you chalk it up to "lesson learned, and not worry about it." What lesson exactly was learned, anyway? Celebs and athletes getting preferential treatment is a bunch of crap.

He stole someone's credit. He charged to someone else's account. He ran up a tab that he wasn't going to pay for. This isn't jean valjean stealing a loaf of bread. It's identity theft, credit card fraud and theft of services. For a bar tab. That's a doosh bag move. Ask yourself this: would it be okay if your landscaper found your card in the driveway and ran up a huge tab on it putting your credit rating in jeopardy, causing you to have to jump through hoops with your cc company and provide records to the police so they can generate a report that you then have to fax to you cc company to have the charges removed. The charges get removed, but now the business that provided the services loses their merchandise and service fees because the landscaper never got charged. Tell me, do you chalk it up to "lesson learned, and not worry about it." What lesson exactly was learned, anyway? Celebs and athletes getting preferential treatment is a bunch of crap.

Agree with you 100%.

Dooshbag move.

Ive done worse.

I was a reckless kid.

Sucks, but sh#t happens.

We learn from our mistakes.

Or just go OJ Simpson on em.

Again, has he gotten in trouble before or since? He was a 19 year old kid that you seem willing to write off as a bad person on the level of the dog torturer. I think you're being way over the top on this one. I don't even think he got preferential treatment. He was looking for it, but got arrested, anyway. I think those charges get dropped for just about any 19 year old. It's theft, but it's not like it's a violent crime.

Again, has he gotten in trouble before or since? He was a 19 year old kid that you seem willing to write off as a bad person on the level of the dog torturer. I think you're being way over the top on this one. I don't even think he got preferential treatment. He was looking for it, but got arrested, anyway. I think those charges get dropped for just about any 19 year old. It's theft, but it's not like it's a violent crime.

No it's not on the level of torturing dogs. Laveranues Coles went from a first round prospect to a third because he was involved in a retail shoplifting scam. That's a lesson learned. Amaro got away with committing fraud and took no hit for it. Because as a society we no longer hold celebs and athletes to the same standard as the average citizen. 19 year olds get caught committing cc theft and they get charged. Period. Unless they can catch footballs really well. It's not a condemnation on amaro as much as it's a BS double standard.

Archived