Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ESPN Power Rankings. Just when you felt good....

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

swami-crystal-ball.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Good thing championships are won on paper and worthless opinions. The Falcons jumped 12 spots.  Are you frickin' kidding me?  They will still be road kill, buried and rotting n the kudzu, by week 10.

Edited by Il Mostro

Posted · Report post

it is all about the QB. if jets announced tomorrow that vick was starter we'd go up 5 spots, not that these things matter until week 17 :)

Posted · Report post

it is all about the QB. if jets announced tomorrow that vick was starter we'd drop another 5 spots, not that these things matter until week 17 :)

Fixed.

But seriously, ESPN is sh*tting on the Jets? That absolutely thrills me. ESPN is pure crap. It has devolved into one giant troll operation.

Posted · Report post

Fixed.

But seriously, ESPN is sh*tting on the Jets? That absolutely thrills me. ESPN is pure crap. It has devolved into one giant troll operation.

we would actually go up, maybe that proves how dumb these rankings are. all based on perception rather than real analysis. they are basically grading 2013 geno, not 2014 geno.

Posted · Report post

we would actually go up, maybe that proves how dumb these rankings are. all based on perception rather than real analysis. they are basically grading 2013 geno, not 2014 geno.

Good point. Apparently in the Giants case they are grading 2011 Eli and not 2013 Eli. 

Is this the same ESPN who said all last off season the Jets are worst team in Pro Football?

Edited by BurnleyJet

Posted · Report post

Good point. Apparently in the Giants case they are grading 2011 Eli and not 2013 Eli. 

he is elite!

Posted · Report post

Is this the same ESPN who said all last off season we where the worst team in Pro Football?

Yes, right up until we were 5-4 after bitchslapping the Saints. 

Posted · Report post

I am outraged that ESPN doesn't think that our 2 upgrades on offense and lateral moves elsewhere are enough to bump us up in their power rankings. Especially with the great Geno Smith entering his second year. Outraged I tell you.

Posted · Report post

Some responses have me regret posting this.

Posted · Report post

I am outraged that ESPN doesn't think that our 2 upgrades on offense and lateral moves elsewhere are enough to bump us up in their power rankings. Especially with the great Geno Smith entering his second year. Outraged I tell you.

You are failing to consider the Idzik factor. His mere presence is worth 10 spots in the power rankings. Have you ever heard those Dos equis commericals for the most interesting man in the world? There will be soon radio commercials like that for Idzik.....

His players run 30% faster than they would with another GM

Referees are so afraid of him they ignore most holding calls agains his team

Other GM's will not draft his players out of respect

He is the most amazing GM in all of sports!

Idzik: "I don't always GM the Jets, but when I do I am the greatest of all time"

Posted · Report post

ESPN? Hahahahahahahaha

Posted · Report post

But that guy we drafted in the fourth is just like Desean Jackson so come on

Posted · Report post

You are failing to consider the Idzik factor. His mere presence is worth 10 spots in the power rankings. Have you ever heard those Dos equis commericals for the most interesting man in the world? There will be soon radio commercials like that for Idzik.....

His players run 30% faster than they would with another GM

Referees are so afraid of him they ignore most holding calls agains his team

Other GM's will not draft his players out of respect

He is the most amazing GM in all of sports!

Idzik: "I don't always GM the Jets, but when I do I am the greatest of all time"

Doesn't our cap space also figure into this somewhere? If not I think ESPN needs to reconsider their formula.

Posted · Report post

But that guy we drafted in the fourth is just like Desean Jackson so come on

TAPE BRO. LOOK AT THE TAPE.

Posted · Report post

Yes, but what are the rankings for 2015/2016, when we make that Super Bowl push by meeting the cash floor?

Posted · Report post

We have to go on Hard Knocks again to get back in their good graces

swami-crystal-ball.jpg

Edited by jack48

Posted · Report post

Doesn't our cap space also figure into this somewhere? If not I think ESPN needs to reconsider their formula.

Truth! Forgot about this, between Idzik and cap space we should easily be top 8, ESPN is just a bunch of Jet haters

Posted · Report post

Good thing championships are won on paper and worthless opinions. The Falcons jumped 12 spots.  Are you frickin' kidding me?  They will still be road kill, buried and rotting n the kudzu, by week 10.

Because those tools think Ryan is the Cat's Pajamas. When he will always throw the big interceptions in the bog games.

Posted · Report post

Does anybody know what our ranking is per dollar?

Posted · Report post

All I see is plenty of room for Rex to overachieve and land another contract extension.

Posted · Report post

All I see is plenty of room for Rex to overachieve and land another contract extension.

Thanks, Idzik!