ESPN Power Rankings. Just when you felt good....

JetsFanInDenver

it is all about the QB. if jets announced tomorrow that vick was starter we'd drop another 5 spots, not that these things matter until week 17 :)

Fixed.

But seriously, ESPN is sh*tting on the Jets? That absolutely thrills me. ESPN is pure crap. It has devolved into one giant troll operation.

Fixed.

But seriously, ESPN is sh*tting on the Jets? That absolutely thrills me. ESPN is pure crap. It has devolved into one giant troll operation.

we would actually go up, maybe that proves how dumb these rankings are. all based on perception rather than real analysis. they are basically grading 2013 geno, not 2014 geno.

we would actually go up, maybe that proves how dumb these rankings are. all based on perception rather than real analysis. they are basically grading 2013 geno, not 2014 geno.

Good point. Apparently in the Giants case they are grading 2011 Eli and not 2013 Eli. 

I am outraged that ESPN doesn't think that our 2 upgrades on offense and lateral moves elsewhere are enough to bump us up in their power rankings. Especially with the great Geno Smith entering his second year. Outraged I tell you.

You are failing to consider the Idzik factor. His mere presence is worth 10 spots in the power rankings. Have you ever heard those Dos equis commericals for the most interesting man in the world? There will be soon radio commercials like that for Idzik.....

His players run 30% faster than they would with another GM

Referees are so afraid of him they ignore most holding calls agains his team

Other GM's will not draft his players out of respect

He is the most amazing GM in all of sports!

Idzik: "I don't always GM the Jets, but when I do I am the greatest of all time"

I am outraged that ESPN doesn't think that our 2 upgrades on offense and lateral moves elsewhere are enough to bump us up in their power rankings. Especially with the great Geno Smith entering his second year. Outraged I tell you.

But that guy we drafted in the fourth is just like Desean Jackson so come on

You are failing to consider the Idzik factor. His mere presence is worth 10 spots in the power rankings. Have you ever heard those Dos equis commericals for the most interesting man in the world? There will be soon radio commercials like that for Idzik.....

His players run 30% faster than they would with another GM

Referees are so afraid of him they ignore most holding calls agains his team

Other GM's will not draft his players out of respect

He is the most amazing GM in all of sports!

Idzik: "I don't always GM the Jets, but when I do I am the greatest of all time"

Doesn't our cap space also figure into this somewhere? If not I think ESPN needs to reconsider their formula.

Good thing championships are won on paper and worthless opinions. The Falcons jumped 12 spots.  Are you frickin' kidding me?  They will still be road kill, buried and rotting n the kudzu, by week 10.

Because those tools think Ryan is the Cat's Pajamas. When he will always throw the big interceptions in the bog games.

ESPN, the organization that had Atlanta, Houston, Washington and Baltimore in the top 10 at the beginning of last season. I'm guilty as anybody, but why do we pay it any mind?

Well, to be fair, I think all of those teams should have been ranked in the top third of the league going into last year. Which is why these rankings are silly but fun to get annoyed over.

ESPN, the organization that had Atlanta, Houston, Washington and Baltimore in the top 10 at the beginning of last season. I'm guilty as anybody, but why do we pay it any mind?

I posted it to fill the post draft void and boredom for people like me who have no other constructive purpose in life.

This.

the fact they are 21st with the most cap space in the league is actually kind of impressive.  It's pretty  good for a team where no one's making more than Decker.

Harris and Mangold have been the top two highest paid and I'm fairly certain that holds for this year. Decker's contract is backloaded IIRC.

Archived