Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looks like Andre Johnson could be on the move

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson, who holds virtually every receiving record for the Houston Texans, isn't sure he wants to remain with the organization.

"When you've been somewhere or a long time, nobody's been here as long as I have," Johnson said just after presenting a check to the Houston Area Women's Center. "I've been thinking about things this offseason. Kind of wonder if this is still the place for me."

[+] Enlargenfl_a_andrejohnson_cmg_600_300x200.jpg
AP Photo/Patric SchneiderAndre Johnson says he has no plans to participate in organized team activities or the Texans' mandatory minicamp in June.

Johnson said he has no plans right now to participate in organized team activities or the Texans' mandatory minicamp in June. He added that he has not asked for a trade.

Johnson, selected by the Texans in the first round of the 2003 draft, is the franchise's all-time leading receiver with 927 receptions for 12,661 yards and 61 touchdowns in 11 seasons.

Despite catching 109 passes for 1,407 yards and 5 TDs last season, Johnson still endured his share of frustration in the Texans' abysmal 2-14 campaign. Against the Oakland Raiders on November 17, Johnson reached a boiling point, walking off the field in the fourth quarter after an on-field spat with now former Texans quarterback Matt Schaub.

Johnson, 32, will have a new coach this season after the Texans fired coach Gary Kubiak in December and hired Bill O'Brien in January.

"Now I'm on my third head coach, that's something I give thought to," Johnson said. "I just look over my career, is it a place? I've only been to the playoffs twice. I think we've only had three winning seasons, two 8-8 seasons. I don't think any player wants to experience that.

"... You go through a rebuilding process, some people say it's not rebuilding, some people say it's a quick fix. Everybody has their own opinion. But I've been through this more than once. When I make my decision, I'll make my decision."

Posted (edited) · Report post

Doesn't sound like he wants to be on the Jets..... So who cares

Edited by itsJETStime

Posted · Report post

Doesn't sound like he wants to be on the Jets..... So who cares

You don't think the Jets will be a contender next year? We have a top 5/10 defense and plugged in all of our major holes in the offense this off-season

Posted · Report post

Potential release?

Posted · Report post

2/1 Belichick lands him because there is no god.

Posted · Report post

You don't think the Jets will be a contender next year? We have a top 5/10 defense and plugged in all of our major holes in the offense this off-season

wild card contender yes (but will be very difficult with our schedule) .... Super Bowl contender No

I wonder how many non-QBs have spent ten years with one franchise? PROBABLY my favorite NFL player ever, and still am pissed the Jets failed to trade up for him. 

Edited by SenorGato

Posted · Report post

I hope not

Posted · Report post

Just my thoughts to.

Potential release?

He is still very productive,  no way he walks with the Texans getting nothing in return.  I am betting he will stay there after complaining a bit.

Edited by Il Mostro

Posted · Report post

100 percent they will be heavily in play, the. OP is bad news not good news

Posted · Report post

it's already done. 

broncos 9ers etc

Edited by Larz

Posted · Report post

Our schedule is brutal. Our QB play is suspect. We have gotten better from last season, but so have our opponents. Its a tough call.

Posted · Report post

He wants to go somewhere with an actual qb is my bet.

Posted · Report post

He wants to go somewhere with an actual qb is my bet.

A warm climate and a playoff contender like Dino Radja once wanted.

Posted · Report post

Just wait, they're all going to wanna play here.

Hate to covet every "Big Name" FA, but AJ is an awesome receiver.  Bet he'd LOVE to come to the JETS tho.  I'm no seer, but don't be surprised!!!           ...........GO JETS!!!   :box:

Edited by The Mytee Markjets

Posted · Report post

Don't sign this beast!

Posted · Report post

Patriots fans / radio has been talking a Mallet for Andre Johnson scenario... dead serious LOL

Posted · Report post

Patriots fans / radio has been talking a Mallet for Andre Johnson scenario... dead serious LOL

that seems fair...

and crusher <3's dieting

Posted · Report post

It goes against everything I've spouted for years--no short term rentals, no back page worthy acquisitions, no older payday guys taking the place of young developmental players...but damn I love me some Andre Johnson.  If we could get three good years out of him, I'd be a happy man.  AJ might not be, but I'm selfish deep down.

Posted · Report post

Pass On This Beast

I said it once and I'll say it again AJ doesn't want to be here because we aren't just one player away from the SB besides even if he did and although we def can afford his contract I just don't see Idzik giving up a 1st or 2nd rounder for this guy which will be the min asking price...

Edited by itsJETStime

Posted · Report post

Pats with him would be disastrous