Gary Myers went on the record with his love of Manziel

Klecko73isGod

I don't care what you think of Manziel at this point, you have to at least be somewhat rooting for the sanity of Browns fans. We like to think we have it bad but nobody has had it worse than Cleveland fans and I hope the dude can cut it.

Sanity of Browns fans is way below my desire to avoid hearing about what could have been for 10 years.

If would have signed him it would be because JETS like the circus.

If we do not sign him we will regret it.

The media just needs something to fill up the pages.

Of course.  The media also acts like the Jets are the only team who passed on Marino.

Of course.  The media also acts like the Jets are the only team who passed on Marino.

When the Jets were the fifth team that took a QB to pass on Marino. The team that should be killed is the Chiefs. He was the second QB taken and the absolute worst of the bunch. 

Plus, Shula is on record as saying that if the Jets took Marino he was ready to take O'Brien - the Dolphins had them graded about equally. 

Plus that schmo Gary Myers absolutely blasted the Jets for not taking Matt Leinart years ago.  What a superstar he turned out to be.

Yeah but no one throws that in his face. The joys of saying who someone should have taken. No one remembers all the busts that person would have saddled the team with, and even fewer call them out on it.

I'm sure, had we failed to do so that, in the days/weeks/months following the 2009 draft, there would have been a no shortage of people calling us idiots if we didn't make a move for Sanchez. I can already hear it, how could we take Percy Harvin? Who's going to throw it to him if Favre stays retired, Kellen Clemens??? And he's too small to be a true #1 WR anyway - he's just a faster, shorter version Brad Smith, who we already have -- idiots!!!

Matt Leinart. Lol. So in other words, Myers knows nothing other than how to jump onto a bandwagon.

I don't care what you think of Manziel at this point, you have to at least be somewhat rooting for the sanity of Browns fans. We like to think we have it bad but nobody has had it worse than Cleveland fans and I hope the dude can cut it.

I work with a Browns fan. I want to Manziel to fail even more because of him than Myers. 

That's what you get for being from a place where the lakes are flammable. 

Yeah but no one throws that in his face. The joys of saying who someone should have taken. No one remembers all the busts that person would have saddled the team with, and even fewer call them out on it.

I'm sure, had we failed to do so that, in the days/weeks/months following the 2009 draft, there would have been a no shortage of people calling us idiots if we didn't make a move for Sanchez. I can already hear it, how could we take Percy Harvin? Who's going to throw it to him if Favre stays retired, Kellen Clemens??? And he's too small to be a true #1 WR anyway - he's just a faster, shorter version Brad Smith, who we already have -- idiots!!!

Matt Leinart. Lol. So in other words, Myers knows nothing other than how to jump onto a bandwagon.

I wanted to draft Leinart.

I'm trying hard not to be upset about passing on Manziel. I haven't been posting for quite a long time and I don't want to be "woulda-coulda-shoulda" for the next 12 months. It's like your parwnts told you at Christmas at your cheap aunt Betsy's house...."you get what you get and you don't get upset."

He's better, IMO, than the QBs we have. I hope he fails because I really really wanted him to be a Jet.

I really like Pryor, and some of our other picks, so I'm trying to tow the company line, but I hate that our biggest need now is QB cause our QBs are subpar at best.

Or four.

Houston, Rams, Jags, Bills, Raiders, Bucs, browns, Vikings, titans n then there's Cowboys, Steelers n Giants to upgrade or replace an aging QB with a so called "all-Pro QB...n we are not even talking about trade ups yet.

Romo has a pretty good winning %.  And Vick won a playoff game @ Lambeau.  They've had exciting moments.  But they get diminished if you aren't winning consistently.

Regular season wins are one thing. I was talking about playoff success when I refer to "winning". Finishing 9-6 and losing in the first round of the playoff doesn't make Romo a winner and it won't make Manziel one, either.

Houston, Rams, Jags, Bills, Raiders, Bucs, browns, Vikings, titans n then there's Cowboys, Steelers n Giants to upgrade or replace an aging QB with a so called "all-Pro QB...n we are not even talking about trade ups yet.

jags took a qb, bills are not drafting two qbs in a row in 1st round, cowboys no way were they taking him, giants PLEASE, STEELERS?? and the browns took him lol

jags took a qb, bills are not drafting two qbs in a row in 1st round, cowboys no way were they taking him, giants PLEASE, STEELERS?? and the browns took him lol

Jags passed on him. Bills have a QB that was injured almost half the season n couldn't provide a spark to an offense full of playmakers. Cowboys passed on him only because of the monstrous contract they gave to Romo. Jerry's love for Manziel was no secret. Giants have a turnover machine as a QB that can be upgraded. Steelers are rumored to look for a trading partner for Ben almost every other yr, so that shows their commitment towards him. And the Browns PASSED on him once, if u remember correctly. If they loved Johnny so much, they would taken him 4th overall, not betting on him sliding down the draft.

I don't think Johnny is the next coming of Peyton Manning but if he is, there would be plenty of GMs that would "look idziot", not just Idzik.

Oh n btw, Jets had no intention to draft a QB unless a first round talent slid to 2nd or even 3rd round.

Went to a Browns game-  all the Jet fans got treated like sh-t. Screw them

Was with you bro - and indeed they did.

They're building a good team over there, but Johnny cupmyballs will bust out like the anal sphincter he is.

Archived