Aaron Schatz picks jets to go 6-10 and I am butt hurt

77DRAFT

Little brain dead Todd McShay doesn't think much of the Jets

chances, or Rex Ryan.

Too bad his mock draft didn't pan out, he is a pathetic excuse

for a journalist.

Typical know nothing ESPN little boy.

McShay didn't pick us to go 6-10, Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders did. McShay just used Schatz's rankings for his mock draft. Please at least be accurate. 

McShay didn't pick us to go 6-10, Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders did. McShay just used Schatz's rankings for his mock draft. Please at least be accurate. 

Wow now I am relieved.Who is next expert-Tommy from Tuckerton predictions?

I agree with 6-10. Last year was a miracle to be outscored by 97 points on the year and somehow get to 8-8. the team can improve considerably and still go 8-8 in 2014.

Ok, let go over this again...

There were a few games we got absolutely BLOWN out in (i.e. Titans game) that account for that -97 point differential. It was not a MIRACLE that we went 8-8...we could have gone 10-6 like we could have gone 6-10. Miracle would be that we won each of our 8 games on a last second field goal to win by 1 pt each time....that did not happen.Can we please not say that 8-8 was a miracle...that was not a miracle.

Knowing that, we have improved our O and improved our secondary. I think we go 10-6 and make the playoffs.

There was no miracle last year in getting to 8-8.

LL

There were a few games we got absolutely BLOWN out in (i.e. Titans game) that account for that -97 point differential. It was not a MIRACLE that we went 8-8...we could have gone 10-6 like we could have gone 6-10. Miracle would be that we won each of our 8 games on a last second field goal to win by 1 pt each time....that did not happen.Can we please not say that 8-8 was a miracle...that was not a miracle.

Knowing that, we have improved our O and improved our secondary. I think we go 10-6 and make the playoffs.

LL

I respectfully disagree. 8-8 this year would likely represent a much better team than last year. I think last year's team with this year's schedule wins 5 games.

I respectfully disagree. 8-8 this year would likely represent a much better team than last year. I think last year's team with this year's schedule wins 5 games.

?????? How is this year going 8-8 represent an improvement from last year's 8-8? You are what your record says you are. There is no way that an improvment this year equals 8-8. I would directly correlate a record improvement with overall improvement. 8-8 this year would mean we did not move forward at all. In fact, given the new weapons and new secondary help, I would argue 8-8 this year would be a backslide.

LL

I know you think we have a harder schedule this year but last year no one expected us to beat the falcons or the Saints or even the Pats and we did all three. 10-6 this year..

?????? How is this year going 8-8 represent an improvement from last year's 8-8? You are what your record says you are. There is no way that an improvment this year equals 8-8. I would directly correlate a record improvement with overall improvement. 8-8 this year would mean we did not move forward at all. In fact, given the new weapons and new secondary help, I would argue 8-8 this year would be a backslide.

LL

I know you think we have a harder schedule this year but last year no one expected us to beat the falcons or the Saints or even the Pats and we did all three. 10-6 this year..

historic luck last year based on point differential. barely won most of our wins and got destroyed in many of our loses. i know you don't agree but i predict 6-10 with geno starting 16 games. 9-7 with vick starting 16.

If Geno maintains a +80 quarterback rating: 10-6

If Geno is under 80: 7-9

Agree with this sentiment - that being said with the new weapons and MM strategy and use of these weapons Geno goes 80-90 QBR. I think it's gonna be a good year.

If Geno maintains a +80 quarterback rating: 10-6

If Geno is under 80: 7-9

+1

But i'll say 8-8 at worst. Don't see Geno regressing. Plus Vick is here

Btw, who the hell is Aaron Schatz!? Gtfoh...

+1

8-8 at worst??? clearly you haven't followed the jets for very long.

if you had, you would know that the worst case scenario for the jets in any given year is several levels below massive train wreck falling into a chasm to hell opened up by an earthquake as an errant comet smashes into the planet and eradicates all life on earth.

LL

Which losses. Did we have a chance of winning ?

I know of 2 games we won that we won due to a penalty !

these things always come down to the QB's reputation

most peeps don't look at geno's last month, just the epic 25 picks on the whole

it's cool

Here's the problem with looking at the last 4 games. We beat teams that were a combines 16-32. We lost to the only good team ! And we got killed in it I think geno had 120 yards passing until the last drive! So you have to look at everything who u plays matters

+1

Why does every think that geno won't regress ! He didn't have a very good rookie year worst rated starting Qb now he's going to have a 80 rating. I don't get how

Why does every think that geno won't regress ! He didn't have a very good rookie year worst rated starting Qb now he's going to have a 80 rating. I don't get how

An 80 QB rating is nothing special, and definitely attainable. Ryan Tannehill had an 81.7 rating last year completing 60.4% of his passes, for 6.7 ypa, and a 24/17 td/int ratio. Those aren't world beating numbers. Geno's 66.5 rating was primarily sunk by his poor 12/21 td/int ratio and 55.8 comp%. He did average 6.9 ypa. With better receivers and a year on NFL experience under his belt, he should be able to up that comp% and TD number. That should, in turn, boost his ypa. Really, he just needs to focus on cutting down the turnovers - which he did to finish up last season. I think it's a pretty reasonable expectation. And if he can't achieve that, he'll be out of a job. 

8-8 at worst??? clearly you haven't followed the jets for very long.

if you had, you would know that the worst case scenario for the jets in any given year is several levels below massive train wreck falling into a chasm to hell opened up by an earthquake as an errant comet smashes into the planet and eradicates all life on earth.

That's my prediction, duh. Why you ask? Cause I know what I'm talking about. Unlike you, lol :winking0001:

I'd bet I've been following them a lot longer than you :winking0001: . I like the over bet with this team also. So any time u wanna bet let me know :winking0001:

^

Sanchez fan :bag:

Archived