Aaron Schatz picks jets to go 6-10 and I am butt hurt

77DRAFT

Here's the problem with looking at the last 4 games. We beat teams that were a combines 16-32. We lost to the only good team ! And we got killed in it I think geno had 120 yards passing until the last drive! So you have to look at everything who u plays matters

While true, every QB faces bad teams and good teams and overall stats are comparable. Geno is going to be good, not great this year.

The running game is improved, as are the receivers.

Defense is going to be flat out nasty.

Your country is a French province.

Tom Shane?!?!!? Dude, get a map and realize that Canada is north (and more English than French) of the U.S. and Mexico is not a part of South America. I applaud JetfaninCanada's positivity...we have too much negativity in these forums. 

LL

That's my prediction, duh. Why you ask? Cause I know what I'm talking about. Unlike you, lol :winking0001:

I'd bet I've been following them a lot longer than you :winking0001: . I like the over bet with this team also. So any time u wanna bet let me know :winking0001:

^

Sanchez fan :bag:

nothing wrong with a prediction of 8-8... i am just saying that 8-8 is never a "worst case scenario" in any season of jets football

Tom Shane?!?!!? Dude, get a map and realize that Canada is north (and more English than French) of the U.S. and Mexico is not a part of South America. I applaud JetfaninCanada's positivity...we have too much negativity in these forums.

LL

Canada sucks.

Which losses. Did we have a chance of winning ?

I know of 2 games we won that we won due to a penalty !

First NE game, until Geno threw 3 picks in the 4th quarter. Still only lost by a FG.

Panthers game was a 3pt game entering the 4th quarter and we had the ball. A blocked punt ultimately changed the game. Then Geno threw a pick 6. If we score - even a FG - instead of punting on that first possession of the 4th Q, we're still right in it, or leading, at the end.

Both were winnable.

Other games are likewise different if Smith and his options weren't so bad. Not to mention the secondary.

The NE game we won due to a penalty was only in question due to a penalty the other way. We beat them and only the refs made it come down to that FG. Besides, that would be FG would have merely tied it. We wouldn't have been losing even if they got the points. But only the refs caused it to get that far. We'd already beaten them.

The TB game we may have lost, but it's not definite. We had 15 seconds to get 6+ yds to get into FG range and spike or get out of bounds. Not a sure thing, but certainly doable.

You're acting like we had no shot and these were sure losses if not for refs giving us gifts.

First NE game, until Geno threw 3 picks in the 4th quarter. Still only lost by a FG.

Panthers game was a 3pt game entering the 4th quarter and we had the ball. A blocked punt ultimately changed the game. Then Geno threw a pick 6. If we score - even a FG - instead of punting on that first possession of the 4th Q, we're still right in it, or leading, at the end.

Both were winnable.

Other games are likewise different if Smith and his options weren't so bad. Not to mention the secondary.

The NE game we won due to a penalty was only in question due to a penalty the other way. We beat them and only the refs made it come down to that FG. Besides, that would be FG would have merely tied it. We wouldn't have been losing even if they got the points. But only the refs caused it to get that far. We'd already beaten them.

The TB game we may have lost, but it's not definite. We had 15 seconds to get 6+ yds to get into FG range and spike or get out of bounds. Not a sure thing, but certainly doable.

You're acting like we had no shot and these were sure losses if not for refs giving us gifts.

You could do this with about 30 teams in the league.

You could do this with about 30 teams in the league.

No fooling.  

The post I was responding to said that we weren't close enough in any other games to have possibly finished 10-6 last season, and it is simply not so.  We had good chances of winning the first NE game as well as the Carolina game.  

Also that we were gifted 2 wins that were otherwise sure losses, which is also untrue.  The Pats game the refs gifted to NE a chance to tie it in OT if they agreed not to cheat again. They passed up on this opportunity, so the rightful winning team ended up on top in the end.  Against Tampa, it wasn't a slam dunk but we weren't exactly a 50-yard hail mary pass away from victory but for a late hit penalty.  Far from it.

Smith was a bad rookie QB with a bad supporting cast of pass-catchers, and a bad secondary giving up big plays, so it's surprising we were even that close to a playoff spot anyway.  Smith can't possibly be that bad in year 2 (or it's unlikely, anyway), plus he has a lot more at his disposal around him, and the secondary certainly won't be as bad (whatever anyone thinks of the individuals replacing last year's starters in name alone, on the field they certainly won't be as bad of a product).  Milliner won't be as clueless as he was early and mid season (improvement for 2014), Cromartie was the worst CB in the NFL last year (improvement for 2014), and Pryor will replace the weakest link of our 3 safeties last year (improvement for 2014).  

The schedule may look impossible to end with a winning record today, and we may very well finish under .500 for any number of reasons.  But last year this time we allegedly had a 5-game stretch where we'd have considered it lucky to come away with 1 win.  We ended up with 3.  

We'll see. If Smith still sucks, and Vick and some other key guys get injured, then we're probably going to be a pretty bad team this year.  But the only sure losses I see as of today are the back-to-back NE and Denver games (clearly there will be others, but which ones are anyone's guess).  And NE is never a sure loss for us anyway, as we've been playing them as well as anyone for 5 years.  Other than the talent/depth void catching up to us in '11-12, we've been splitting our games with them most years.  Our team sucked last year and we still nearly dropped them twice.

Little brain dead Todd McShay doesn't think much of the Jets

chances, or Rex Ryan.

Too bad his mock draft didn't pan out, he is a pathetic excuse

for a journalist.

Typical know nothing ESPN little boy.

What's an Aaron Schatz?

Archived