•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

4th-Rounder Shaq Evans Signs with Jets

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 FoxJet

FoxJet

FLYING UNDER THE RADAR

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:41 AM

4th-Rounder Shaq Evans Signs with Jets

Posted 11 hours ago

2012-randy-lange-headshot-thumb-60x60.pnRandy LangeEditor-in-Chief, newyorkjets.com@rlangejets Blog: Randy's Radar

•  
  •  
UCLA Wideout Flies Cross-Country, Becomes 5th Draft Choice to Sign Today

shaq-evans-signs-article.jpg

Fourth-round rookie wide receiver Shaq Evans, after a cross-country flight, signed late today with the Jets at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center.

Evans (6'1", 213) is one of the influx of players into coach Sanjay Lal's WRs meeting room. After a slow start to his college career (freshman season at Notre Dame and one season on the sidelines according to NCAA rules), he became comfortable and moved to the forefront of the UCLA offense.

He led the Bruins both years in receptions and combined in 2012-13 for 27 games (26 starts), 133 receptions, 1,956 yards (14.7-yard avg.) and 12 touchdowns.

"I play with a lot heart, a lot of passion, and I’m a team player," Evans told reporters. "And I’m a guy that can go out there and do whatever you need me to do — catch a checkdown pass, catch a deep pass, and a guy that’s also going to block for you and just be an ultimate team player."

#2 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 16,569 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

I'm intrigued by Shaq. He seems like a blue chip prospect that could really steel the show. Now I know some may think that we drafted this genie in a boombox, and others may think that he's a wash, but I think he just might got game.

Edited by RutgersJetFan, 16 May 2014 - 06:50 AM.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#3 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,931 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

I'm intrigued by Shaq. He seems like a blue chip prospect that could really steel the show. Now I know some may think that we drafted this genie in a boombox, and others may think that he's a wash, but I think he just might got game.

Him and Reilly are the two guys (outside of Amaro and Pryor) that are going to be here in four years, IMO. Evans just looks the part of a really solid #3 receiver.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#4 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,861 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

Him and Reilly are the two guys (outside of Amaro and Pryor) that are going to be here in four years, IMO. Evans just looks the part of a really solid #3 receiver.

Agree 100%.  Between Evans, Amaro, Decker and Cumby we have some nice end zone targets that should translate into more TD's vs FG's.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#5 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 16,569 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

I think it depends. If we paid him in pennies, I don't think he'd appreciate it. But with the right kind of heat I think he kobe a stud.

Edited by RutgersJetFan, 16 May 2014 - 10:14 AM.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#6 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

2014 Defensive Rookie Of The Year

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

I hope so. His game does need some work. Pretty inconsistent but he does flash big play ability. Has no problem getting behind the defense. 

NYJetsScript.gif

#7 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 16,569 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

I hope so. His game does need some work. Pretty inconsistent but he does flash big play ability. Has no problem getting behind the defense. 

It's almost like they snap the ball and kazaam, he's beating defenders with a 2D version of kung-fu.

#8 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Guys. Seriously.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#9 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,340 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

POSSIBLY a Cotchery type

Edited by SenorGato, 16 May 2014 - 01:12 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#10 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 16,569 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

Guys. Seriously.

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh.

#11 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,931 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

COME ON
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#12 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 16,569 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

COME ON

6hUHYjm.gif

#13 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,928 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

(but not WR

Shaq Evans, who has to finish his course in Scandinavia literature at UCLA).

I'm Scandinavian and I wouldn't take that course, lol

“I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.”

#14 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,028 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

(but not WR
Shaq Evans, who has to finish his course in Scandinavia literature at UCLA).

I'm Scandinavian and I wouldn't take that course, lol

Isn't that just the poetic eddas? Good stuff

#15 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,465 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Talked to a friend of mine who is an alumni of the UCLA program.  He gave me kind of a cryptic answer.  Sounded like he was concerned that the locker room be in order and thought the kid could be a stud.  Were there any character concerns with this kid? 

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users