Dennis Thurman accused of slapping a woman

Beaver

NY Jets defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman is under investigation for allegedly SLAPPING a woman at a New Jersey restaurant earlier this week ... this according to a police report obtained by TMZ Sports ... and we obtained photos taken during the heated exchange.  

A 28-year-old woman has filed a police report with the Morristown PD, claiming she was at the outdoor bar at Pazzo Pazzo restaurant on Wednesday afternoon when she encountered Thurman. 

According to the report, 58-year-old Thurman began hitting on her and offering her drinks -- but she made it clear she was not interested. 

At that point, the woman claims Thurman "showed an aggressive demeanor toward her" and then "out of nowhere, Thurman slapped her across the face."

0516-dennis-thurman-main-6.jpgThe woman says she was shocked and blurted out, "You just hit me."

TMZ Sports obtained 2 photos taken during the encounter -- one of which shows the woman flipping Thurman off moments before the slap ... and another photo appears to show Thurman following through after the alleged slap. 

After the alleged slap, the woman claims Thurman -- who played 8 years in the NFL as a defensive back -- threw his hands up in the air and left the area. 

The woman claims she was not injured during the incident, but filed the report out of concern Thurman would strike other women in the future. 

We reached out to the Jets -- so far, no comment.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is true, it's unfortunate and I'm not defending him...but we probably should nominate this woman for some good samaritan award because she was concerned about other women in the future...not so that she could appear on TMZ.

12-13 witnesses said it didn't happen although the 2 isolated photos (that are shown in the TMZ article) might show that he slapped her middle finger away as she was giving him the finger but he may have just swung at her and she moved her hand. But reading the headline you might think it was a brazen aggressive pimp slap.

I'm waiting to see how this gets spun, will the storyline be that the Jets and their fans are a bunch of dog fighting woman beating belligerents? I bet references will be made to that Jet fan punching that Pats woman in the face even though she was also being violent.

Seth, Manishes little buddy interviewed the manager at Pazzo Pazzo and said Dennis did not slap her.

Do you have a link to that article?  Very interesting, I hope this isn't true.

Deacon Jones best move was the head slap. Thurman should know its no longer allowed.

On a more serious note.Can this get him fired? Or better yet, should it?

And Deacon's on-film quote regarding the effectiveness of the head slap, whether used against a man or a woman, was priceless...

The woman claims she was not injured during the incident, but filed the report out of concern Thurman would strike other women in the future. 

WTF??? lol. Women demand equal rights every day with their pro-feminist organizations, all in the court house and sh_t putting their foot down. Yet look how quickly sh*t change the moment you smack one.  :winking0001:

Sound about right. PAzo is the typical faux upscale dump where 22 year old junior pharmaceutical reps and entry level real estate agents pay $6 for a coors lite at happy hour via credit card, @ their outdoor cement porch surrounded by fake trees, get over served, thrown out and return to their parents basement In dover with increased sexual frustration.

My take...if someone is showing you the bird than you should have the right to smack it away. No gender bias here.

A real man does not hit women.

Thurman isn't yet charged with anything, so so far seems like a "he said, she said" thing if there is not video nor injury.Would think a former NFL defensive back would leave some serious hurt. But Thurman (or any guy) has to be smart.

Archived