•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Our (JetsNation's) LAD Depth Chart

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 LAD_Brooklyn

LAD_Brooklyn

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:04 PM

Help a brother out as I'm sure im missing a few guys.

QB - Geno, Vick, Simms, Boyd
RB - Johnson, Ivory, Powell, Richardson, Goodson
FB - Bohanon, Young
WR - Decker, Hill, Nelson, Enunwa
WR - Kerley, Saunders, Evans, Ford
TE - Cumberland, Amaro
LT - Furgerson,
LG - Winters, Dokota
C - Mangold, Schlauderaff
RG - Colon, Campell
RT - Giacomini, Aboushi

DE - Wilkerson, Douzable
NT - Harrison, Ellis
DE - Richardson
OLB -Coples, McIntrye,Enemkpali
ILB - Davis, George
ILB - Harris, Bellore
OLB - Pace, Barnes, Reilly
CB - Milliner, Walls, McDougle, Dixon
CB - Patterson, Wilson, Ellis
SS - Landry, Allen
FS - Pryor, Jarret, Bush

#2 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

who is the back up OT on gameday ?

that is a glaring hole in the roster imho

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#3 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,351 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

Help a brother out as I'm sure im missing a few guys.

QB - Geno Smith, Michael Vick, Matt Simms, Tajh Boyd, BJ Coleman
RB - Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell, Darryl Richardson, Mike Goodson, Alex Green (from his tweets presumed cut) DJ Harper, Keidrick Jackson, Fabian Truss
FB - Tommy Bohanon, Chad Young
WR - Eric Decker, Stephen Hill, David Nelson, Quincy Enunwa, Michael Campbell, Dwight Jones, Demario Bennett, Jermaine Jones, Mike Willie, Levasier Tuinei
WR - Jeremy Kerley, Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans, Jacoby Ford, Clyde Gates, Greg Salas, Saalim Hakim,
TE - Jeff Cumberland, Jace Amaro, Zach Sudfeld, Chris Pantale, Colin Anderson, Terrance Miller
LT - D'brickashaw Ferguson, Ben Ijalana, Brent Qvale, Marcus Zusevics Bruce Campbell
LG - Brian Winters, Dakota Dozier, Jacolby Ashworth, Ray Dominguez
C - Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff, Dalton Freeman
RG - Willie Colon, William Campell, Patrick Ford, Austen Bujnoch
RT - Breno Giacomini, Oday Aboushi, Tevon Conrad, Adam Bice. Gasten Gabriel, Davin Morris, Alec Savoie

DE - Muhammad Wilkerson, Leger Douzable, Anthony Grady, Travis Chappelear
NT - Damon Harrison, Kenrick Ellis, Tevita Finau, TJ Barnes, Jeremy Towns
DE - Sheldon Richardson, Kerry Hyder, Zach Thompson
OLB -Quinton Coples, Garrett McIntrye, IK Enemkpali, Jermaine Cunningham, Darryl Cato-Bishop
ILB - Demario Davis, Jerimiah George, Troy Davis, Nick Clancy
ILB - David Harris, Nick Bellore, Steele Divitto, Zach Gentry(moving from FB?)
OLB - Calvin Pace, Jason Babin, Antwan Barnes, Trevor Reilly, Tim Fugger, AJ Edds, Nick DiMarco,  Shaun Richardson
CB - Dee Milliner, Darrin Walls, Dexter McDougle, Brandon Dixon, Jeremy Reeves, Ademola Olatunji
CB - Dimitri Patterson, Kyle Wilson, Ellis Lankster, Johnny Patrick, Ras-I Dowling, Lowell Rose, Tevrin Brandon, Nick Taylor, EJ Whitley, Winston Longdon, LaQuan Lewis
SS - Dawan Landry,Antonio Allen, Rontez Miles, Christian Thompson
FS -Calvin Pryor, Jaiquawn Jarrett, Josh Bush, Brandon Hardin, Ahmad Black, Chris Poston

K - Nick Folk, Mike Palardy (also P), Anthony CanteleAndrew Furney, Carson Wiggs

P - Ryan Quigley, Brian Saunders, Tom Hornsey Drew Butler, Jacon Schum

LS - Tanner Purdam, Scott Albritton, Kyle Stettler

IR: Dexter McDougle, Jermaine Cunningham, Shaq Evans

I will add the stiffs.  You missed some and I like keeping track of the nobodies, 128-style

Okay that is the official roster.  It still needs some tweeking as far as depth charts for the stiffs, and who is strong/free safety, which OLB, and which DE backs up which.  Those roles are different, but it is basic enough for now.  Some of these guys are probably listed wrong - Anthony Grady may belong behind Coples, Conrad might belong at G.  Bice might be G or C.  Schlauderaff might be at G. For the time being I tried to lump the WR into short and tall and same with the CBs. My color blindness not helping me with this format!  Apparently Green isn't cut, but his 25 is gone to Pryor and Richardson is taking 35.

Edited by #27TheDominator, 24 August 2014 - 11:55 AM.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#4 nycdan

nycdan

I see with my big round eye...

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

That green text is almost illegible.  Go a little darker next time.  Us old guys don't want to work that hard to read.

Posted Image

Let's go eat a god damned snack!

#5 Obrien2Toon

Obrien2Toon

Long, long sufferer

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Wow we really need to sign a veteran backup OT

#6 LAD_Brooklyn

LAD_Brooklyn

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

Thx for adding the jags. Also forgot to add the 3 special team players in K, P, LS. Placing them aside it would be interesting to predict the remaining 50 who will make the 53 man roster. It's also realistic for all 12 picks to make the team unless you just flax out suck through camp/preseason.

#7 LAD_Brooklyn

LAD_Brooklyn

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

Wow we really need to sign a veteran backup OT

And we also need a backup Center. None of our Gs can play it as they're all converted to G whether from Tackle or from DT (Campell). So no need to make it harder on them to make them versatile.

#8 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

Nice work here. Thanks.

#9 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

who is the back up OT on gameday ?

that is a glaring hole in the roster imho

Ben Ijalana will make this team over Aboushi, if it comes to that. Also keep an eye on Qvale

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#10 LAD_Brooklyn

LAD_Brooklyn

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

Ben Ijalana will make this team over Aboushi, if it comes to that. Also keep an eye on Qvale

Not that Aboushi has done anything but what exactly has Ijalana brings to the table for you to make such a statement? Not trying to argue or debate as I don't know much about the two to really comment. But I do know Iiajana is going to his 4th year and Aboushi only in his second. If it's a tie the edge is definitely going to Idzik second year 5th round pick I would assume.

#11 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,351 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

Not that Aboushi has done anything but what exactly has Ijalana brings to the table for you to make such a statement? Not trying to argue or debate as I don't know much about the two to really comment. But I do know Iiajana is going to his 4th year and Aboushi only in his second. If it's a tie the edge is definitely going to Idzik second year 5th round pick I would assume.

Ijalana was 49th overall in 2011.   The Colts supposedly had him penciled in to start as a rookie. He had a run of injuries/bad luck and ended up having 5 surgeries in his first few years in the league.  He supposedly played very well in the 2013 preseason, PFF supposedly had him graded out pretty highly.  I checked, 15th overall at T in the 2013 preseason.  I'm sure they would prefer Aboushi, he is cheaper and signed longer, but there is plenty of reason to believe that Ijalana is the superior prospect.

http://www.rotoworld...580/ben-ijalana

Edited by #27TheDominator, 17 May 2014 - 08:02 PM.

#12 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,351 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

And we also need a backup Center. None of our Gs can play it as they're all converted to G whether from Tackle or from DT (Campell). So no need to make it harder on them to make them versatile.

I'm not sure why you think this.  They have gone the last 3 years with Schlauderaff.  Why the rush to upgrade now?  FWIW, they must like Freeman to some extent and some of the others are potential development centers. 

#13 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

txs.  how many o-lineman do teams normally dress on game day ? 7 ? 8 ?   

don't teams usually keep an inside guy who can cover LG,C,RG, and an outside guy who can play LT and RT ?   

in your opinion can Ijalana play LT and RT ?

is the idea for Dozier to grow into the swing tackle ?

I'm so confused, I need an 0-line rundown, lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#14 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

bump for super selfish reasons

#15 JohnJ

JohnJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

It's a work in progress There's a long way to go before it's all sorted out.  Playing more than one position is a big positive, and there's a lot of guys vying for a few spots. It's gonna fun to see what happens.

“A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does”.

#16 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

txs.  how many o-lineman do teams normally dress on game day ? 7 ? 8 ?   

don't teams usually keep an inside guy who can cover LG,C,RG, and an outside guy who can play LT and RT ?   

in your opinion can Ijalana play LT and RT ?

is the idea for Dozier to grow into the swing tackle ?

I'm so confused, I need an 0-line rundown, lol

teams usually dress 7 and while they can do the split you've described, it's also becoming popular to do 1 sub at the 4 non center positions and 1 sub just for center. The Jets don't use a whole lot of the swing tackle as a jumbo TE in the Marty Morn era, but that also becomes a consideration.  

as for the Jets,  I believe Ijalana could do a better job of swing tackle than Aboushi. Aboushi honestly was dreadful last season and he could get cut. Dozier is probably just a guard (winters also played tackle in college). The backup center situation is far from locked down, the Raff could easily lose his job this preseason. The Jets might carry 10 but I don't know how  Aboushi, Campbell or Dozier get active on game day. 

Edited by bitonti, 18 May 2014 - 08:54 PM.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#17 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,101 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

teams usually dress 7 and while they can do the split you've described, it's also becoming popular to do 1 sub at the 4 non center positions and 1 sub just for center. The Jets don't use a whole lot of the swing tackle as a jumbo TE in the Marty Morn era, but that also becomes a consideration.  

as for the Jets,  I believe Ijalana could do a better job of swing tackle than Aboushi. Aboushi honestly was dreadful last season and he could get cut. Dozier is probably just a guard (winters also played tackle in college). The backup center situation is far from locked down, the Raff could easily lose his job this preseason. The Jets might carry 10 but I don't know how  Aboushi, Campbell or Dozier get active on game day. 

txs !   I had no idea teams were using one of 2 subs for center, but I guess it makes sense since centers make the calls

#18 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

Thanks guys - excellent thread!

#19 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,351 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:44 PM

I think Dozier is going to be all guard all the time, but I have read some draft reports that considered him a candidate for RT.

#20 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 59,422 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

I think Dozier is going to be all guard all the time, but I have read some draft reports that considered him a candidate for RT.

If I was Dozier and I looked at this depth chart, they would have a hard time getting me to play anything other than Guard.  :)

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#21 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

how 'bout a stickey for this ickey!

#22 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,351 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

If I was Dozier and I looked at this depth chart, they would have a hard time getting me to play anything other than Guard.   :)

I consider this more of a roster than a depth chart, but if you sticky it I will keep up with it. 

#23 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 59,422 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

I consider this more of a roster than a depth chart, but if you sticky it I will keep up with it. 

Sounds like a plan to me, thanks.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#24 ozzieny

ozzieny

ewe gene

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

Looking at this shows how weak our WR corps is. Besides Decker, who is more of a possession receiver, we have not upgraded the WR position whatsoever. Really disappointing.

:sign0182:

#25 njjetfan4ev

njjetfan4ev

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

I'm not sure why you think this.  They have gone the last 3 years with Schlauderaff.  Why the rush to upgrade now?  FWIW, they must like Freeman to some extent and some of the others are potential development centers. 

Dalton Freeman played good last year he got hurt early in preseaon  mike devlin is really high on him too. i would mark him down to make the final roster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users