Vegas sets o/u on Jets wins at 7

T0mShane

Not as juiced about us fixing the strong safety position as some are, I suppose.

The Las Vegas Hilton has their preseason win totals for each team – their best estimate, pre-training camp, of how many games your favorite team is likely to win.

Denver and Seattle lead the way with 11 projected wins each, while Jacksonville is once again projected as the league’s worst team with 4.5. Also worth noting – the Dallas Cowboys clock in at eight wins…which would mean their fourth-straight eight-win season.

49ers: 10.5

Bears: 8.0

Bengals: 9.0

Bills: 6.5

Broncos: 11.0

Browns: 6.5

Bucs: 7.0

Cardinals: 7.5

Chargers: 8.0

Chiefs: 8.0

Colts: 9.5

Cowboys: 8.0

Dolphins: 8.0

Eagles: 9.0

Falcons: 8.0

Giants: 7.5

Lions: 8.0

Jaguars: 4.5

Jets: 7.0

Packers: 10.0

Patriots: 10.5

Panthers: 8.0

Rams: 7.5

Raiders: 5.0

Ravens: 8.5

Redskins: 7.5

Saints: 9.5

Seahawks: 11.0

Steelers: 8.5

Texans: 7.5

Titans: 7.0

Vikings: 6.0

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only math that matters in Vegas is what the formulas dictate people will bet equally. The only math that matters for Jets fans is f-ck math.

I'm not sure whom to believe--the multi-billion dollar industry commonly referred to as "Vegas," or the 300 17-year olds on Twitter typing out "yo jets r goin 12-4 this year I don't care #jetslife"

I'm not sure whom to believe--the multi-billion dollar industry commonly referred to as "Vegas," or the 300 17-year olds on Twitter typing out "yo jets r goin 12-4 this year I don't care #jetslife"

300 17 year olds on twitter PLUS Agapito. They can't all be wrong.

You would be betting the Jets will have a worse record this year than last year- I will go with the over .

One thing about football is every year is different and you can't base next years success off of last years, however I agree and will go with the over. 9-7 & wild card anyone ?

It's in between. It's not uncommon for Vegas to give 'overlays' and underlays'. It's the safe number for now and probably the bets were for the over 6 1/2, pushing the number up.

The national coverage is generic and hasn't caught up with Idzik yet. I,e, Peter King chiming in late last year that they were goin' 2-14 last year. We know the team better than some of the clowns in the media, especially the national media.

It's in between. It's not uncommon for Vegas to give 'overlays' and underlays'. It's the safe number for now and probably the bets were for the over 6 1/2, pushing the number up.

The national coverage is generic and hasn't caught up with Idzik yet. I,e, Peter King chiming in late last year that they were goin' 2-14 last year. We know the team better than some of the clowns in the media, especially the national media.

So the experts are just too dumb to recognize Idzik's greatness?

So the experts are just too dumb to recognize Idzik's greatness?

No. I'm saying that they're still not over the The Tanny, Rex, Woody Barnum & Bailey Show, and just like last year the line is wrong. Depending on how it's bet it could change again.

The National media has been dead wrong about them for over a year. Opinions gain momentum and douche bags like Peter King who don't know anything jump on the bandwagon. The lines have been a reflection of that.

I didn't say Idzik was great. If you don't think they're improved that's your opinion. We all have  'em. :winking0001:

No. I'm saying that they're still not over the The Tanny, Rex, Woody Barnum & Bailey Show, and just like last year the line is wrong. Depending on how it's bet it could change again.

The National media has been dead wrong about them for over a year. Opinions gain momentum and douche bags like Peter King who don't know anything jump on the bandwagon. The lines have been a reflection of that.

I didn't say Idzik was great. If you don't think they're improved that's your opinion. We all have  'em. :winking0001:

Vegas doesn't care and the line isn't set to be right or wrong. The line is set to generate the most bets for both sides by some of the smartest nerds on the planet. Vegas is right. They're always right because nerds are always right.

Vegas doesn't care and the line isn't set to be right or wrong. The line is set to generate the most bets for both sides by some of the smartest nerds on the planet. Vegas is right. They're always right because nerds are always right.

The nerds know the overlays, like when the line was 6 1/2. :winking0001:

And I will bet you a billion dollars that they made a ****ton of money off that line. These are betting lines, not predictions. Huge difference.

Not true they moved it to even the betting to get bets on both sides of the #.

There's overlays and and underlays, it's not uncommon. But I agree, it's not a prediction. I never said that either. I used Peter King as an example of how opinions gain momentum even when they're wrong.

Funny how people don't get that.  Everyone thinks if the under dog wins, Vegas loses.  If the bets are balanced Vegas gets it's vig.  That's all they care about

Funny how people don't get that.  Everyone thinks if the under dog wins, Vegas loses.  If the bets are balanced Vegas gets it's vig.  That's all they care about

They do gamble themselves from time to time, it's usually known as a suckers bet

Lol. As if Manziel or Bridgewater was gonna alter the Vegas odds.

Probably not. 

Though I'd be curious what the odds are on the Vick vs. Geno battle and how that factors into the over/under.

I do like the Jets on the over...Bears, Jags, Raiders, Broncos too.

Archived