Irsay is nuts: almost signed Game of Thrones Giant

jgb

sign this beast? pics: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352172/article/colts-once-flirted-with-signing-game-of-thrones-giant

Colts once flirted with signing 'Game of Thrones' giant
  • _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg
  • By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: May 19, 2014 at 09:50 p.m.
  • Updated: May 20, 2014 at 01:10 p.m.

If you're all caught up on "Game Of Thrones," you're now familiar with the man they call "The Mountain."

Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane is played by Hafthor Bjornsson, who, when not slaying peasants for fun on premium cable, makes a living as a competitive weightlifter in his native Iceland.

The 6-foot-9, 419-pound Bjornsson looks like a CGI creation. See for yourself:

Bjornsson's massive and imposing presence once caught the attention of an NFL team. Last year, Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay offered up one of his signature cryptic tweets about the colossus.

A deal never materialized, which is a real shame. How could "The Mountain" not be money in the bank for 75 pass deflections and 250 offensive holding penalties? (I am listening to any and all GM job offers.)

We leave you with another shot of Bjornsson, this time lifting a soiled sword that appears to have the same measurements as the George Washington Bridge.

I want that guy on my team.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" breaks down the latest news and shares takeaways from rookie camps.

Archived