Because I felt like breaking my own heart again

GREENBEAN

Shonn Greene with that stiff arm was a get hype moment too! good times, friggin Pittsburgh had to ruin it.

Yeah, I remember thinking Shonn was gonna light it up in this league. That didn't take too long to fizzle.  It's hard to beleive how fat Rex was then too. Like a baloon

One of the funniest things I remember about the aftermath of this game is that Miami's Dan Lebatard, who recorded that infamous rant destroying the Jets after our opening loss to the Ravens, had a sudden change of heart about our 2010 team. I was listening to his radio show the next day, and Lebatard proclaimed that upon seeing that whole end of game sequence where Rex ran down to the end zone to celebrate Greene's game icing TD he suddenly couldn't help but love that 2010 Jets team. He compared this change of heart to be as if he suddenly found himself to be attracted to men (I went hysterical when he made this analogy), where a Miami guy and Jets hater shockingly found himself wishing the Dolphins had a team like that, a team whose antics and attitude made them universally hated by everyone except their own fan base.

We are on our way back to this. Just watch. When the Jets make the playoffs this year, no one is going to want us as a matchup. Tough D and tough running game and better passing d and O. I am telling you, we will be back to our winning ways this year.

LL

was in vegas for this game chasing a losing streak. bet my entire loss for the weekend on the jets this game straight up to win (they were dogs), made it all back and then some.

glad you won or else that woul dhave been one miserable self loathing trip home

We are on our way back to this. Just watch. When the Jets make the playoffs this year, no one is going to want us as a matchup. Tough D and tough running game and better passing d and O. I am telling you, we will be back to our winning ways this year.

LL

I like the optimism, and I don't think it's misplaced. There were a lot of firsts going on with last year's team, and there was improvement from almost all of them as the season went on. Mornhinweg's first year as OC, Geno at QB, Coples at OLB, Milliner, Winters. If those guys pick up where they left off, and maybe even continue improving, that'll go a long way towards a successful 2014.

I'd've loved an upgrade at CB, but Pryor should prove to fill a major hole in the secondary and improve the whole unit. Decker and Johnson are key upgrades for the offense who, along with Amaro, should really help Geno progress from last season.

I liked the draft, which was loaded with fast, physical players. They won't be struggling to field a special teams this year, they're going to struggle with who to leave off of them.

Obviously if Geno just plain sucks all bets are off. But I thought he had no business starting at QB in the NFL last year, and won't write him off for being thrown into the fire to early. We'll see. I think -if nothing else- it should be an exciting season.

was in vegas for this game chasing a losing streak. bet my entire loss for the weekend on the jets this game straight up to win (they were dogs), made it all back and then some.

Atta boy. My rule was never bet the Jets or Giants games. Especially the Giants, they're ******* poison to me, for some reason.

the play that broke my heart was the broncos kickoff in denver in '98 after a donkey TD that got caught up in the wind and the broncos recovered.  we would have beaten atlanta again

fml

You had to bring that up, lol.

I thought they were gonna win when they blocked that punt.

The kickoff snafu with Meggett, and the Byers fumble...summabich...make me wanna cry. Those two plays cost them the game.

Victor Green getting duped on the play action was the coup de grace...you always knew that was possible with him...it had to happen then tho.

One of the funniest things I remember about the aftermath of this game is that Miami's Dan Lebatard, who recorded that infamous rant destroying the Jets after our opening loss to the Ravens, had a sudden change of heart about our 2010 team. I was listening to his radio show the next day, and Lebatard proclaimed that upon seeing that whole end of game sequence where Rex ran down to the end zone to celebrate Greene's game icing TD he suddenly couldn't help but love that 2010 Jets team. He compared this change of heart to be as if he suddenly found himself to be attracted to men (I went hysterical when he made this analogy), where a Miami guy and Jets hater shockingly found himself wishing the Dolphins had a team like that, a team whose antics and attitude made them universally hated by everyone except their own fan base.

Oh all the sports radio hacks Lebatard is the worst.  I can't even listen to his show.  He makes Mehta sound like a homer

Go Rangers

Atta boy. My rule was never bet the Jets or Giants games. Especially the Giants, they're ******* poison to me, for some reason.

I have the same rule because I am never objective with the Jets. When I am disgusted with them, I think they will lose 40-0 and when I am high on them I don't think they can lose. I was out there for my brother's bachelor party though and figured what the Hell since I was going to be sitting there watching it anyway. The one and only time the Jets didn't break my heart.

I like the optimism, and I don't think it's misplaced. There were a lot of firsts going on with last year's team, and there was improvement from almost all of them as the season went on. Mornhinweg's first year as OC, Geno at QB, Coples at OLB, Milliner, Winters. If those guys pick up where they left off, and maybe even continue improving, that'll go a long way towards a successful 2014.

I'd've loved an upgrade at CB, but Pryor should prove to fill a major hole in the secondary and improve the whole unit. Decker and Johnson are key upgrades for the offense who, along with Amaro, should really help Geno progress from last season.

I liked the draft, which was loaded with fast, physical players. They won't be struggling to field a special teams this year, they're going to struggle with who to leave off of them.

Obviously if Geno just plain sucks all bets are off. But I thought he had no business starting at QB in the NFL last year, and won't write him off for being thrown into the fire to early. We'll see. I think -if nothing else- it should be an exciting season.

The bottom line is that we should all expect that the team will be fundamentally better in every area from both a physical standpoint and a mental standpoint. I expect the team to take a leap forward, shocking the naysayers who will jump on the bandwagon. That "brutal" October stretch will be tough but honestly, I think the Jets will be fine at that point, the defense should be well settled by then and I expect to see opposing offenses scared by the middle of the field (Pryor).

Look, the one big wildcard is QB play. If Geno does well we are playoff bound, if Geno suffers a sophmore jinx, then Vick will come in and I think we still make the playoffs. The problem with Geno stinking is that the 2015 draft will need to include a replacement QB for the longterm. Outside of that, I am very optimistic that the Jets will surprise the league and do well.

LL

Archived