How the Jets Court Potential Talent

F.Chowds

His lineage is italian by way of Brazil. Just like Pope Francis.

There are quite a large number of italian people in Brazil and Argentina.

Being of Italian lineage doesn't necessarily mean he is culturally more Italian than Brazilian. Unless you are suggesting that genetically Italian people have a prediction for liking pasta in their bellies more than cow.

My point is he doesn't have to be Italian to choose an Italian restaurant over a prime steakhouse (or a churrascaria in particular). Some would say that's crazy. I would say it's crazy when a team offering him millions of dollars per year every year asks him what beverage he'd like (since it was BYO and could therefore have anything) and he says a 6-pack of Bud Light.

Being of Italian lineage doesn't necessarily mean he is culturally more Italian than Brazilian. Unless you are suggesting that genetically Italian people have a prediction for liking pasta in their bellies more than cow.

My point is he doesn't have to be Italian to choose an Italian restaurant over a prime steakhouse (or a churrascaria in particular). Some would say that's crazy. I would say it's crazy when a team offering him millions of dollars per year every year asks him what beverage he'd like (since it was BYO and could therefore have anything) and he says a 6-pack of Bud Light.

As far as his drink choice he's only in his 20's and eventually he should learn.

As far as being culturally more Brazilian or Italian who knows.

Judging by what we have seen here in the USA, If he is 3rd gen Brazilian  or late, probability is very high his family was fully assimilated into the Brazilian culture before emigrating here but if only 1st or 2nd gen prob still alot of paisano in him.

I agree with your point of not having to be italian to choose italian food.Maybe the italian places in Seatlle sucked or maybe  he just loves it or had steak the night before who knows.

Side thought, my sister in law's family is from Brazil  and when her father fires up his self built, masonary and steel grill it is a 4-5 hour meat marathon and a great place to be. I would take that over italian food (or what is being sold as italian food around here) any day.

Archived