NY Jets OTA Show; Why Don’t The Jets Get Any Respect?

JetNation

Edit - we won't be on the air tonight, sorry for the short notice. We will be back on the air next Tuesday night 6/3 at 8pm.

The New York Jets are about to resume OTAs and JetNation Radio has you covered.  We will discuss some of the offseason roster moves the team has made.  Rookie minicamp is over and there are a few weeks until minicamp, so we will discuss where the team stands today.  And why the Jets get no respect. Many offseason polls have the Jets ranked very low and Vegas has listed the Jets as a 7 win team.

Listen in as Brandon Dowling, Angelo Berkowitz and Tom Shane also discuss all this and take your calls live! Also, any time we get those three hosts in a room, Geno Smith and Michael Vick talk always seems to come up.

Here is the link to listen live on Tuesday at 8pm –> New York Jets Podcast.

Be sure to call in live and tell us what you think about the Jets: (646) 716-4697.

short answer: because they don't deserve any.

anyone in the media who has predicted doom and gloom for the jets at the beginning of a season has been right like 30 of the last 40 years. why stop now?

short answer: because they don't deserve any.

anyone in the media who has predicted doom and gloom for the jets at the beginning of a season has been right like 30 of the last 40 years. why stop now?

The Jets have been average for a very long time.  Average certainly isn't the goal but the way people talk about them you would think they were picking first every year in the draft.

The Jets have been average for a very long time.  Average certainly isn't the goal but the way people talk about them you would think they were picking first every year in the draft.

yeah, you have to keep things in perspective. the rex ryan era has been among the most successful in jets history. i still prefer to keep expectations low.

yeah, you have to keep things in perspective. the rex ryan era has been among the most successful in jets history. i still prefer to keep expectations low.

Just call in tonight and blame it on Angelo (Gastineau Lives).  It is the right thing to do.

the reputation of the HC is " foot fetish guy"

the reputation of the QB is "turnover machine"

the reputation of the owner is "pasty rich white guy"

the reputation of the fans is " they boo every pick in the draft every year"

add to that the favre, tebow, butt fumble fiasco's and its not good

the butt fumble was on not top 10 every week for a year.  it's what football fans think of the jets now

the butt fumble was on not top 10 every week for a year.  it's what football fans think of the jets now

It is all kind of true

The truth is for all knowledgeable football fans from other teams they tend to be wary of the JETS in the Rex Ryan era because of that defense and inspite of the offense. There are Bronco fans who i respect who are genuinely worried about the Broncos going on road to play the JETS. I know a few KC fans who know winning against the JETS is going to be hard at home.

And if you look at the media they are coming around. They know it probably better to not criticize a JETS pick anymore even it is way out of the left field in the Idzik era because the team now does its homework compared to a previous era where approach was more lackadaisical. And maybe last off season no one was convinced but that's what drafting a DROY can do to perceptions. Most draft gurus this last draft were not critical of JETS. Infact most were calling the McDougal pick a good one even though many JETS fans did not like it.

At the end of the day in two off seasons the JETS have start garnering a lot of positive feedback. So the media is coming around. Heck even Cimini's article's have a tinge of positivity to them.

So what we are left is facebook retards who think the New England based ESPN is the gospel on football knowledge and still are hungover on something like the butt fumble that happened two seasons ago. I betcha most would still think that Sanchez dude was still on the JETS. The fact that there are so many of these retards does not surprise me. End of the day ignore the retards on Facebook.

The truth is for all knowledgeable football fans from other teams they tend to be wary of the JETS in the Rex Ryan era because of that defense and inspite of the offense. There are Bronco fans who i respect who are genuinely worried about the Broncos going on road to play the JETS. I know a few KC fans who know winning against the JETS is going to be hard at home.

And if you look at the media they are coming around. They know it probably better to not criticize a JETS pick anymore even it is way out of the left field in the Idzik era because the team now does its homework compared to a previous era where approach was more lackadaisical. And maybe last off season no one was convinced but that's what drafting a DROY can do to perceptions. Most draft gurus this last draft were not critical of JETS. Infact most were calling the McDougal pick a good one even though many JETS fans did not like it.

At the end of the day in two off seasons the JETS have start garnering a lot of positive feedback. So the media is coming around. Heck even Cimini's article's have a tinge of positivity to them.

So what we are left is facebook retards who think the New England based ESPN is the gospel on football knowledge and still are hungover on something like the butt fumble that happened two seasons ago. I betcha most would still think that Sanchez dude was still on the JETS. The fact that there are so many of these retards does not surprise me. End of the day ignore the retards on Facebook.

This makes no sense really. Any knowledgeable football fan acts more like the players & coaches about other teams.  Even the horrible Jacksonville Jaguars won 4 games last year.   Nobody should dismiss any team, especially on the road.   But teams like the Broncos are far more worried about the Patriots and teams in their own division more than the Jets.     Same goes for the Jets.  The Jets are far more worried about the Pats and so on moreso than the Broncos.   

Last season the Jets looked like a playoff team in their win over the Saints.   But for 7 other games they looked as bad as the Jaguars.   Rex has been great at building up the "underdog" mentality and always seems to have a good defense.  But Rex's teams also have a tendency to get blown out many times when expectations are put on this team.     '

'The Jets could beat down the Broncos 28-16 and wind up finishing 7-9 while the Broncos finish 13-3 and make another run to the super bowl.  That's the problem the Jets have under Rex Ryan.  They get psyched over a game in September or October and wind up not showing up for November or December.

This makes no sense really. Any knowledgeable football fan acts more like the players & coaches about other teams.  Even the horrible Jacksonville Jaguars won 4 games last year.   Nobody should dismiss any team, especially on the road.   But teams like the Broncos are far more worried about the Patriots and teams in their own division more than the Jets.     Same goes for the Jets.  The Jets are far more worried about the Pats and so on moreso than the Broncos.   

Last season the Jets looked like a playoff team in their win over the Saints.   But for 7 other games they looked as bad as the Jaguars.   Rex has been great at building up the "underdog" mentality and always seems to have a good defense.  But Rex's teams also have a tendency to get blown out many times when expectations are put on this team.     '

'The Jets could beat down the Broncos 28-16 and wind up finishing 7-9 while the Broncos finish 13-3 and make another run to the super bowl.  That's the problem the Jets have under Rex Ryan.  They get psyched over a game in September or October and wind up not showing up for November or December.

You are totally missing the point. The focus is on respectability. I see most people changing there perception of the JETS from the clown circus to a team that needs to be taken seriously and knows what its doing.

We all know the record of the JETS the past three seasons.

Sorry for the short notice, but JetNation Radio will not air tonight.  We will be back next Tuesday night 6/3 at 8pm.  Thank You!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jetnation/2014/06/04/ny-jets-ota-show-why-dont-the-jets-get-any-respect

You can listen to all of our previous editions here --> New York Jets Podcast -- powered by JetNation

We were going to be on the air but then Human Resources called.  They scheduled Tom's "Sensitivity Training" for tonight at 8pm.  That was pretty insensitive of them.  Especially considering Angelo has way more issues than Tom anyhow.  Or so I am told. 

Oh well, we will be back next week.  Thanks everyone.  

We were going to be on the air but then Human Resources called.  They scheduled Tom's "Sensitivity Training" for tonight at 8pm.  That was pretty insensitive of them.  Especially considering Angelo has way more issues than Tom anyhow.  Or so I am told. 

Oh well, we will be back next week.  Thanks everyone.  

I would like to lodge a formal complaint.

Those things aren't a huge factor in creating the team's reputation. Okay, maybe the butt-fumble was...but that feels like ages ago and Marky Mark is no longer playing here. Otherwise, each and every team in the NFL has a few imbeciles that are known for their weird sh*t. Being a new york team, we get more scrutiny than we really deserve but that comes with the territory.

The main reason why the Jets are disrespected has more to do with Rex Ryan. Now i love Rex and still consider him to be the best jets coach since Parcells - but his loudmouth antics, particularly in 2010 and 2011 - didn't do the team any favors. When you're a team that has yet to achieve anything of note, the blow-hard behavior tends to ruffle a lot of feathers. Our guys were cocky as ****, which resulted in many 'neutrals' wanting to see the team fail. Thats what it all comes down to, people seeing our team as a bunch of guys that can talk the talk but not walk the walk. Thankfully, things have changed since last year and now Rex is back to being a likeable blue collar hardass and is no longer getting anyone's hopes up.

I want a refund with interest.

Seriously i hope everything is well with all involved in this show,

Thanks.  Yes, the scheduling conflict was because Brandon is on vacation.  I forgot he was going and I started promoting a show that I should have scheduled for next week.

Those things aren't a huge factor in creating the team's reputation. Okay, maybe the butt-fumble was...but that feels like ages ago and Marky Mark is no longer playing here. Otherwise, each and every team in the NFL has a few imbeciles that are known for their weird sh*t. Being a new york team, we get more scrutiny than we really deserve but that comes with the territory.

The main reason why the Jets are disrespected has more to do with Rex Ryan. Now i love Rex and still consider him to be the best jets coach since Parcells - but his loudmouth antics, particularly in 2010 and 2011 - didn't do the team any favors. When you're a team that has yet to achieve anything of note, the blow-hard behavior tends to ruffle a lot of feathers. Our guys were cocky as ****, which resulted in many 'neutrals' wanting to see the team fail. Thats what it all comes down to, people seeing our team as a bunch of guys that can talk the talk but not walk the walk. Thankfully, things have changed since last year and now Rex is back to being a likeable blue collar hardass and is no longer getting anyone's hopes up.

you say blow hard I say foot fetish.  the point is to a casual NFL fan, he is a clown

Archived