Less than 2 months to go till Training Camp...

Latinlawyer

Assuming that Training camp starts before July 27th ( I heard July 23rd as the start date), I am excited that camp is coming. While my baseball team sucks (mets..ugh), I am very much the optimist when it comes to the Jets...I can't wait till training camp and we start hearing about how the rookies are doing in preparation for the first preseason game.  

How is everyone passing the time, Sports-wise, between now and training camp? For me its World Cup and then training camp.

LL

I am not wishing away the summer, I just wish my baseball team was competent. Right now they are driving away what little fan base is left. I remember how great the Knicks were and how they went down the crapper and with it they washed away a huge portion of the fanbase (myself included)..the knicks were just unwatchable. Dolan and Wilpon are similar in being owners who make moves that are just horrible and which make their fanbase shrivel. For me, although the summer is delightful, I can't wait till the World Cup and training camp because baseball sucks. I am hoping that the Mets fans wake up and boycott that terrible product and force a sale.

LL

I am not wishing away the summer, I just wish my baseball team was competent. Right now they are driving away what little fan base is left. I remember how great the Knicks were and how they went down the crapper and with it they washed away a huge portion of the fanbase (myself included)..the knicks were just unwatchable. Dolan and Wilpon are similar in being owners who make moves that are just horrible and which make their fanbase shrivel. For me, although the summer is delightful, I can't wait till the World Cup and training camp because baseball sucks. I am hoping that the Mets fans wake up and boycott that terrible product and force a sale.

LL

Not to defend Jim Dolan or anything but the Rangers are looking pretty good right now. Do you watch hockey ?

Not to defend Jim Dolan or anything but the Rangers are looking pretty good right now. Do you watch hockey ?

Sadly, I am not a hockey fan. Yes, the Rangers are doing well. Happy for my fellow fans who are Rangers fans...good to see some success on the NY sports stage.

LL

Sadly, I am not a hockey fan. Yes, the Rangers are doing well. Happy for my fellow fans who are Rangers fans...good to see some success on the NY sports stage.

LL

I do not follow hockey either, I have some close friends who are die hards and it's great to see them enjoy this run, I hope they can finish it off. Like you said it's good for NY to have a winning team contending for a title.

LL

Baseball sucks. What a snooze-fest. Give it up cold turkey and enjoy your summer. You'll be glad you did.

The Rangers are a can't miss. Even if you don't watch hockey, I highly encourage anybody to watch whats happening. its a special group of guys, and it has been a really exciting playoffs. Game 5 against Montreal is tonight, and it has been a vicious series. These teams really don't like each other. I'm just surprised there are so many football fans who don't watch hockey, with the physicality and all.  

I'm so glad Dolan doesn't give a Sh*t about the rangers like he does about the knicks. otherwise, they wouldn't be where they are. 

Lauren has her last chemo treatment in the middle of July.  I am so big on not wishing time away.  But this is one case where I can honestly say, I can't wait for training camp!

Lauren has her last chemo treatment in the middle of July.  I am so big on not wishing time away.  But this is one case where I can honestly say, I can't wait for training camp!

I will keep Lauren in my prayers!!!

God.  I wish camp was here today.  All work and no EPL soccer or football makes Jack a dull boy.

Watching the Yankees (there okay this year) and the NBA playoffs, until July.  Plus the World Cup

in a couple of weeks, not too bad.

LL

The Rangers are a can't miss. Even if you don't watch hockey, I highly encourage anybody to watch whats happening. its a special group of guys, and it has been a really exciting playoffs. Game 5 against Montreal is tonight, and it has been a vicious series. These teams really don't like each other. I'm just surprised there are so many football fans who don't watch hockey, with the physicality and all.  

Hell of a series with the Canadiens... Each game has been intense. Rangers have played em 8 times in the finals way back when there were only 6 teams in the NHL in the 40s to the 60s. You can tell there's bad blood in this series too. There have been some savage hits like the one on Stepan that ended with a broken jaw; That should have been a penalty in my mind. Anyway, I agree. Even if you don't watch hockey this series will keep you entertained for sure.

They are calling that one the worst of all time.  I heard about it but hadn't seen it, so thanks for posting it.  What an unbelievably bad throw!

Of course, no problem. It's definitely right up there with the worst of em... Mark Mallory was tough to beat.

2nol9.gif

They are calling that one the worst of all time.  I heard about it but hadn't seen it, so thanks for posting it.  What an unbelievably bad throw!

I am a mets fan and that was truly a hilarious throw. 50 Cent suddenly became Pennyman.

LL

Archived