•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Odell Beckham Jr. gets Manti Teo'd

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,352 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1806725

Odell Beckham Jr. was telling the truth all along.

A week ago, the Giants receiver battled claims from Erica Mendez, a woman who said she was his “fiancee,” and claimed that he cheated on her repeatedly. He insisted that the “entire story is fabricated” and “I have never met this person who is making these claims.”

That’s because she doesn’t exist. According to TheBigLead.com, Mendez, who first claimed to be Beckham’s “fiancée” last week in a story on RadarOnline.com, never even existed. TheBigLead confirmed that Mendez is a “fake online persona.”

It’s a persona that’s existed for several months, and those behind it seemed empowered shortly before the NFL draft. That’s when Beckham appeared on NBC’s “Tonight Show” with Jimmy Fallon, and Fallon, in a quick skit he did with several soon-to-be NFL rookies, said that Beckham was “engaged to a model.” Beckham smiled during the skit, but the public mention may have empowered those who perpetrated the hoax, and, just weeks later, there was the explosive RadarOnline interview.

In the wake of last week’s events, Beckham had turned everything over to NFL security to explore the situation. According to sources, both the Giants and Beckham also expressed their dissatisfaction to Fallon’s people over the public mention. The Giants have completely believed Beckham’s word throughout the process.

But all along, Mendez did not exist, in a story reminiscent of Manti Te’o’s catfishing saga (except that this time the athlete knew better, even as nobody else seemed to believe him). The online photos that have appeared as Mendez are, according to TheBigLead, photos of two different cousins who live in California.

giants are such a circus, I'm sure francessa killed them on this

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#2 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,290 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

I'm not sure how this reflects poorly on Beckham or the Giants, it's not his fault the public is composed of idiots. Honestly feel bad for the dude, he did nothing wrong and fame certainly has its pitfalls.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#3 pdxgreen

pdxgreen

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

Remember when women used to use sex to insnare athletes.  Wow times have done changed.

#4 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,761 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

Social media is a curse

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#5 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,533 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

Ignore it or laugh at it, this is a who cares offseason story...OTOH I had a great night with Erica once. 

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#6 Newyorkgiants10

Newyorkgiants10

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

Weird. I have heard so many thing and also saw pictures of him with his supposed fiancee. Either way a little while from now it wont matter all i will care about is that he produces for the giants

new_york_giants_wallpaper_2_by_igman51-d

#7 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,579 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

Te'o and his fam were behind his whole mess though. Beckham didnt do anything.

#8 Jetlife33

Jetlife33

Gotham City Football Club

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

#Catfish

New-York-Jets-Helmet-2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users