•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Harris meets Pryor for the first time. Calvin, not Richard.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,561 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

http://www.nj.com/je...lvin_pryor.html

NORTH CALDWELL – Last season, Jets linebackers David Harris and Calvin Pace were talking, and Pace brought up a college player he had recently seen.

Harris said Pace told him, “There’s a kid at Louisville, a safety. He’s nice.”

So Harris dug up some video highlights of this kid, Calvin Pryor. Harris, one of the Jets’ defensive leaders, liked what he saw from Pryor, who has always been a hard hitter.

The Jets wound up drafting Pryor in the first round last week, 18th overall. Pryor and the Jets’ 12 other drafted players arrived at the team’s complex in Florham Park this week. They will participate in a two-day rookie mini camp Friday and Saturday.

“He’s an intimidating safety who comes downhill with authority, and I think he could be a huge asset to our secondary and defense,” Harris said Thursday at Green Brook Country Club before his annual charity golf event, which benefits the Give the Kids Hope Foundation, an organization aimed at helping underprivileged children in New Jersey.

Harris, the Jets’ eighth-year middle linebacker, is optimistic about Pryor’s potential. But when he met Pryor this week, he wanted to make sure the rookie knew he had to earn his reputation – or at least his nickname – in the Jets’ locker room.

“When I first met him, he introduced himself: ‘I’m Calvin Pryor, but you can call me C.P.,’” Harris said. “I was like, ‘Nah, we’ve already got a C.P. That’s Calvin Pace. I’ll call you Calvin.’ (Pryor) is a good guy. He’s a humble guy. You can tell football is very important to him, and he’s going to be a heck of a player in this league.”

Pace, the Jets’ 33-year-old strong-side linebacker, has started alongside Harris for the past six seasons. The Jets cut Pace, in a cost-saving move, after the 2012 season. He played last season under a one-year, $1.005 million contract – and earned every bit of it, by accumulating 10 sacks.

Pace was the first to admit that he benefited from attention opponents paid to the Jets’ imposing defensive line. Still, his sack total was the best of his 11-year career. And it earned him a two-year, $5 million contract from the Jets this offseason.

“I was very ecstatic with Calvin re-signing,” Harris said. “You don’t have to worry about him. He’s reliable. He knows what to do. He plays at a high level. He had the best year of his career last year. He has a lot of good football left in him, and he’s going to be a plus for us.”

#2 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

That's pretty crazy. 

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#3 JohnJ

JohnJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

Looking forward to Pryor carrying Harris' gear around for him.

“A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does”.

#4 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,561 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

Funny oversight by Pryor trying to be called by the same initials as Pace. He sure didn't expect to get shut down like that.

#5 LWC611

LWC611

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

That is a woops moment for the rookie!!! Pryor will be carrying CP's gear for training camp.... 

Edited by LWC611, 29 May 2014 - 07:01 AM.

Just Enjoy The Season

#6 NYJetsVets91

NYJetsVets91

Green Machine

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 530 posts
  • LocationLaramie, Wyoming

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

Damn I was really hoping this article was about Richard Pryor...

Richard-Pryor-9448082-3-402.jpg

#7 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,700 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

Richard-Pryor-9448082-3-402.jpg

+1

JetNation.com

#8 JohnJ

JohnJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

+1

http://www.legacy.co...rsonID=15910581

#9 roscoeword

roscoeword

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

I thought the article was about Aaron Pryor, the most exciting boxer of all times. (if I knew how, I would drop a picture of him here, like was done with Richard...)

#10 predator_05

predator_05

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

I thought the article was about Aaron Pryor, the most exciting boxer of all times. (if I knew how, I would drop a picture of him here, like was done with Richard...)

pryor_arguello_11-530x317.jpg

#11 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,561 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

Who's next, Terrelle Pryor?

#12 roscoeword

roscoeword

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:35 AM

Thanks predator - I would prefer a picture where Aaron isn't getting his face pummeled - but it's OK, he was at this best after taking the opponent's best punch, then he'd get off the floor and kick the guys arse...

#13 JohnJ

JohnJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Thanks predator - I would prefer a picture where Aaron isn't getting his face pummeled - but it's OK, he was at this best after taking the opponent's best punch, then he'd get off the floor and kick the guys arse...

Especially after Panama Lewis would give him some 'juice'. Great, entertaining fighter tho.

Lewis was a criminal basically tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users