Jets setting Geno up to fail?

FloridaJetsFan

yeah, bringing in 7 WR's, a TE, 2 RB's, a RT and keeping last years vets was a real slap in the face for the QB

then they bring in a veteran he grew up a fan of to mentor him

assholes

lol that's good

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kerley is secretly really good league wide. Decker is good...if he's better than good great for us. Cumberland doesnt suck....and even then the offense should be built around Ivory until his legs fall off.

I expect that Chris Johnson and his receiving ability will be the primary back with Ivory spelling him for a series here and there, as well as being the downhill runner to close out games if the Jets ever get a lead.

I saw a second round rookie qb last year lead theJets to wins over teams that should have handily beaten them-the Saints, Falcons and Patriots with no receiving talent whatsoever. Despite some rookie hiccups, he's pretty good. He should be the starter

We're missing a starting corner, a starting receiver and a starting guard. If only Idzik had some kind of resource at his disposal that he could use to fix those problems. Sadly, he only had $30 million to work with after he was done with the other signings. No GM in the world could find a starting receiver on this market for that kind of chump change.

Milliner, Decker. You cannot possibly put the guard in that statement, Colon got hurt like 3 days ago

What makes no sense to me is these 'experts' can't see the forest for the trees. Does it make more sense to try and nudge Geno Smith to a higher level or simply go with the veteran who has not been able to win on ANY other team he has been on? Vick was always an insurance policy and a spur to nudge Geno Smith to another level. If he doesn't reach that level then Vick plays and the Jets go back to the drawing board QB-wise.

I choose to not read any article about the jets that has the word "circus" in it, because they don't know what they are talking about

These type of writers are the ones making it a circus. What is a circus about a QB competition where the team is looking to maximize the talents of a young QB rather than simply relying on a veteran whose best days are behind him? That writer is the one under the 'big top.'

We're missing a starting corner, a starting receiver and a starting guard. If only Idzik had some kind of resource at his disposal that he could use to fix those problems. Sadly, he only had $30 million to work with after he was done with the other signings. No GM in the world could find a starting receiver on this market for that kind of chump change.

Not to worry.  Richie is still out there

GO RANGERS

I expect that Chris Johnson and his receiving ability will be the primary back with Ivory spelling him for a series here and there, as well as being the downhill runner to close out games if the Jets ever get a lead.

I don't expect the Jets to pass often. Id be willing to bet we lead the AFC in rushes next season. And right now Ivorys the better runner than CJ.

Just like the Eagles set up Nick Foles to fail?

Or like every single team "back in the day" used to set up young quarterbacks to fail?

Give me a ******* break.

Hack journalism.

Oh please put a sock in it - Bledsoe is better than anyone the Jets have ever had besides Namath.

Stop saying things that make you look like an idiot and people will stop pointing out that you look like an idiot.

You're really not allowing that we do have these pieces because they weren't high-priced free agents. Whether you like them or not, we drafted 2 corners and 3 WRs.  Also the TE we drafted certainly appears to have been taken to be a major receiving option.  In addition to them, we brought in another 3 CBs and 1 WR pre-draft. 

Why not save the crying until you've seen that none of them panned out, we didn't add anyone else, and that we were real contenders in 2014 but for these 2 allegedly-missing pieces? Hell, why not see if we even have a QB on the roster before sinking the future away on Geno Smith?

IMO too many people have an unhealthy obsession with fantasy football designations of a "true #1" WR.  A QB needs receiving options and the Jets have them. I'm sure in time they'll add more (if one of the younger guys doesn't pan out).

Stop saying things that make you look like an idiot and people will stop pointing out that you look like an idiot.

You must be looking in the mirror.  Well I guess the sock thing in your mouth didn't stop you from your incessant blabbing.

Try taking down that picture on your wall of Eugene's dick and stick that in your mouth.

The Patriots draft history lately has been miserable, including Mallet who they can't trade. So I'm not sure why you think the Patriots know what they are doing when it comes to drafting right now.

Yep you're absolutely right -  since 2003 they have won the division every year give or take a tiebreaker. Surely they must not know what they're doing.

They should follow our lead. And when was it the last time we won the division? 

You either can play or you can't.

well said. What I'd like to know is how do you set someone up to fail that has already failed miserably.  Worst rating starting qb in the NFL last year.  Was forced to play since they had zero options and had to save face since he was a 2nd round pick.  Would have never seen the light of day if Sanchez didn't get hurt. Blessing in disguise as its clear he is not the present or future qb of this team.  Arena League...here comes Eugene.

You must be looking in the mirror. Well I guess the sock thing in your mouth didn't stop you from your incessant blabbing.

Try taking down that picture on your wall of Eugene's dick and stick that in your mouth.

Good one! When you think about it, there really is no difference between not thinking the Pats are brilliant for drafting Garoppolo and wanting to suck Geno Smith's dick. You nailed it!

You must be looking in the mirror.  Well I guess the sock thing in your mouth didn't stop you from your incessant blabbing.

No place for this kind of post here, Oswald.

Good one! When you think about it, there really is no difference between not thinking the Pats are brilliant for drafting Garoppolo and wanting to suck Geno Smith's dick. You nailed it!

If you didn't point this out, I would not have known that I want to suck Geno Smith's dick.  Thank you!

No place for this kind of post here, Oswald.

No problem here Slats.  The post was enlightening.  And, if I had a nickel for every time someone on JN associated me with performing fellatio on an African American Male... Well, I'd have 10 cents now.

I thought about it and still struggling to digest it.

Archived