•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Revis acting like a douche

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 21,929 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

http://nypost.com/20...or-new-england/

Where does he play in 2015?

#2 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,346 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

Where does he play in 2015?

Jets

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#3 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,708 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Darrelle Revis did nothing to change his mercenary image.

Speaking to local reporters Friday for the first time since his surprise signing by the Patriots in March, Revis expressed excitement at joining the Jets’ bitter rival but also sounded every bit like the short-timer his contract sets him up to be.

“I’m on my career and my journey, and right now, I’m a New England Patriot,” Revis said after taking part in a voluntary on-field workout at Gillette Stadium. “And that’s that.”

The words “right now” were telling, because logic — and the salary cap — dictates the $20 million team option for 2015 in Revis’ deal means this will be the All-Pro cornerback’s lone season in a Patriots uniform.

Revis said all the right things Friday, deferring to his new teammates, welcoming the chance to play alongside Tom Brady instead of against him and even complimenting Bill Belichick — the same person he called a “jerk” on national TV just two years earlier.

Modal Triggerrevispads.jpg?w=300

Photo: AP

According to Revis, the Patriots aren’t anything like what he pictured them to be in his six seasons as a Jet.

“From the inside, it’s totally different,” Revis said. “There are things you didn’t expect from how this organization is [run], from top to bottom. You’ve got to take your hat off to [owner Robert] Kraft for how this organization operates. They want to be a winning organization, and I’m happy those guys gave me an opportunity to come in here and be a part of it.”

Revis, 28, also is grateful to the Patriots for rescuing him after one nightmarish (although well-compensated) season with Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers went 4-12, fired coach Greg Schiano and then cut Revis shortly after Lovie Smith took over.

Revis earned $16 million for his one year in Tampa — his magic salary number and the one that prompted his trade by the Jets — but it was the most difficult of his pro career because Revis was coming back from a torn ACL and even asked to play zone defense in Schiano’s scheme.

“Last year was a tough year when I played in Tampa Bay,” said Revis, who is scheduled to make $12 million this season. “It was tough coming off the ACL and everything, so it was a long year for me personally. I’m just trying to recover.”

Revis said his knee “feels great” and the only adjustments have been learning the Patriots’ defensive scheme and getting to know his teammates.

“I’m just trying to take this time to get to know the guys and for them to know me as well,” Revis said. “I’m not trying to come in here and step on anybody’s toes. I’m just trying to come in here and learn as much as I can and get this defensive scheme down.”

Revis also made it clear he isn’t thinking about the Jets, though he will face them at least twice this season.

“That’s in the past,” he said when asked about Gang Green.

Revis appears to have fit in quickly in the New England locker room. Several veterans ribbed him loudly Friday about the large contingent of reporters waiting to talk to him.

“He’s a great guy,” second-year wide receiver Kenbrell Thompkins said of Revis.

The question remains whether Revis, who always has been outspoken with the media, will fall in line with Belichick’s famously strict “Patriot Way” policy of zipped lips in the locker room.

Revis laughingly claimed Belichick “lets guys be who they are” but said he will continue to speak his mind.

“Yeah, I’m being my own guy,” Revis said. “I’m going to be me. That’s all I can say. I’m going to be myself and go with the flow.”

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#4 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 21,929 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

Thx Joe. Was on my phone.

#5 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,956 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

the past* are all in for a 1 year run

they are short timers for mevis as well

“I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.”

#6 Jetlife33

Jetlife33

Gotham City Football Club

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

The usual.

New-York-Jets-Helmet-2.gif

#7 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

Revis laughingly claimed Belichick “lets guys be who they are” but said he will continue to speak his mind.

Translation:  Eff Belichick!

#8 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

He is balding faster than Lebron. Good. Dick.

#9 rillo

rillo

Bernard Pollard for President.

• Members
  • 9,723 posts
  • LocationWPB, FL

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

As long as he keeps playing at a high level, I can't blame him. Cash out man, just don't win any rings with NE, please. 

#10 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,354 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

I admire a man who stands by his principles.  Revis' principal principle is that he's going to get every damn nickel out of his career that he possibly can.

#11 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

Oh the irony if Jalen Saunders beats him like a drum for a long TD.

#12 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:49 AM

Oh the irony if Jalen Saunders beats him like a drum for a long TD.

Saunders is going to be our 1? Or Revis is going to suck so bad?

#13 johnnysd

johnnysd

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

Topic should be changed to "Revis IS a douche", Absolutely no acting is required.

#14 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,969 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Smartest player in the NFL.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#15 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,343 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

“From the inside, it’s totally different,” Revis said. “There are things you didn’t expect from how this organization is [run], from top to bottom. You’ve got to take your hat off to [owner Robert] Kraft for how this organization operates. They want to be a winning organization, and I’m happy those guys gave me an opportunity to come in here and be a part of it.”

What a troublemaker.

He's being a douche because he's being honest about his situation? I don't get it.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#16 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,430 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

I really hope he has a season or career ending injury and acquires a terrible sexually transmitted disease. going to the Patriots was a big F U to the Jets and HIS GOOD GOOD BUDDY AND PAL REX.

Edited by BP, 31 May 2014 - 08:42 AM.

Larz, on 07 Sept 2014 - 6:38 PM, said: I just can't let hypocrisy go unchallenged

#17 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

No but they move him around like they did here.

#18 MexiRoll6

MexiRoll6

Not very popular, apparently

• Members
  • 783 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in tennesee

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

I agree with Slats in that Revis IS a douche and doesn't require acting lessons to reach that level. I would still rather him on the Jets than the Pats though. I don't think he is a difference maker anymore however and at 28 his time is short to make all his moolah.

Where have you gone Walt Michaels?

#19 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 21,929 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

What a troublemaker.

He's being a douche because he's being honest about his situation? I don't get it.

There's a small part of football that's being able to just be one of the guys.

#20 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,343 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

There's a small part of football that's being able to just be one of the guys.

Revis appears to have fit in quickly in the New England locker room. Several veterans ribbed him loudly Friday about the large contingent of reporters waiting to talk to him.
“He’s a great guy,” second-year wide receiver [that no one ever heard of] Kenbrell Thompkins said of Revis.

Sounds like he's having a tough time with that.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#21 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 21,929 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

Revis appears to have fit in quickly in the New England locker room. Several veterans ribbed him loudly Friday about the large contingent of reporters waiting to talk to him.
“He’s a great guy,” second-year wide receiver [that no one ever heard of] Kenbrell Thompkins said of Revis.

Sounds like he's having a tough time with that.

His contract says otherwise.

#22 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,343 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

His contract says otherwise.

So he's being a douche because he's getting paid?
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#23 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 21,929 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

So he's being a douche because he's getting paid?

Yes exactly.

#24 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

2014 Defensive Rookie Of The Year

• Members
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

Revis at times covered Welker and he was the pats slot guy. 

NYJetsScript.gif

#25 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

What a troublemaker.

He measures success in dollars and cents and he is honest about it.I no longer care about the ritual of Player X saying he wants to be here because of this or that when the reason is cash. Further despite being as talented as he is he is a student of the game. Wish he was still here. And more proof salary caps and nonguaranteed contracts are bullsheet. Don't understand people who think it's a great idea to suppress salaries....so owners can amke more? Does anyone watch the Jets to see Woody Johnson? Is there a cap on how much money an NFL team makes, and other than the Packers(owned by a public trust) we never see to see the books. It's crap and we're fed it every day.
Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users