•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

we need a new helmet design...

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 dajetsman

dajetsman

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

I love the jets.  we are the green and white.  I get it.  I love it.  however...is there a reason we can't get a little jolt to our swag with a new helmet design?  when nike took over the uniforms everyone was asked if they wanted a change and the jets said, "no...really we're cool with a white helmet and a green egg that somewhat resembles a football on it..."  huh?  i'm not saying to go seattle crazy with the neon or bucs nuts with the glow in the dark numbers...but someone, anyone... please change our helmet!  I actually loved the 80's hunter green helmet with the slick jets logo where the "j" turns into an abstraction of a plane.  our main color is green not white...

and as far as those people sending in pics of these space-aged costumes that look like power ranger outfits sporting all the blacks and silvers...guys guess what?  while black and silver may be cool...ok, very cool, THEY ARE NOT OUR COLORS! those are taken by the raiders.  black and white?  yea the raiders have that too.  we have zero black in our colors...no silver either so forget the chrome facemask.  we only have two colors:  green and white.  so if you are going to take hours to make some impressive 3-d models of what you feel the outfits should look like, please stick to the color scheme.  i'm all for bringing in new bold stuff but you can't change the foundation of who we are.

opinions welcome my jets brethren. 

#2 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

Jolt to our swag?

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#3 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,890 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

I don't like that this guy's handle is so similar to mine.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#4 dajetsman

dajetsman

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

you guys are jets fans right...?  you realize we root for the same team.  if you want to be a douche go to the pats forum.

#5 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

Is something wrong with dbatesman? It seems weird that he's championing a new helmet design.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#6 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,558 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Is something wrong with dbatesman? It seems weird that he's championing a new helmet design.

Seems odd... Especially when you consider you didn't say anything about it first.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#7 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Seems odd... Especially when you consider you didn't say anything about it first.

I see what you did there, but I'm really concerned about dbatesman. I mean, when has he ever shown concern about the swag?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#8 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,924 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

you guys are jets fans right...?  you realize we root for the same team.  if you want to be a douche go to the pats forum.

They are douches. Just ignore them.

#9 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

They are douches. Just ignore them.

#10 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

NYJetsScript.gif

#11 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,967 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

Ah, the offseason. F__ckin' end already.
Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#12 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,527 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

I love the jets.  we are the green and white.  I get it.  I love it.  however...is there a reason we can't get a little jolt to our swag with a new helmet design?  when nike took over the uniforms everyone was asked if they wanted a change and the jets said, "no...really we're cool with a white helmet and a green egg that somewhat resembles a football on it..."  huh?  i'm not saying to go seattle crazy with the neon or bucs nuts with the glow in the dark numbers...but someone, anyone... please change our helmet!  I actually loved the 80's hunter green helmet with the slick jets logo where the "j" turns into an abstraction of a plane.  our main color is green not white...

and as far as those people sending in pics of these space-aged costumes that look like power ranger outfits sporting all the blacks and silvers...guys guess what?  while black and silver may be cool...ok, very cool, THEY ARE NOT OUR COLORS! those are taken by the raiders.  black and white?  yea the raiders have that too.  we have zero black in our colors...no silver either so forget the chrome facemask.  we only have two colors:  green and white.  so if you are going to take hours to make some impressive 3-d models of what you feel the outfits should look like, please stick to the color scheme.  i'm all for bringing in new bold stuff but you can't change the foundation of who we are.

opinions welcome my jets brethren.

No. Just no.

#13 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,363 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

I remember fondly a time when certain posters weren't around. Twas a better time those glorious days of yore.

#14 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

Ah, the offseason. F__ckin' end already.

This

#15 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

Oh sh*t, he stole Simpsons Namath? Shots fired.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#16 pdxgreen

pdxgreen

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:52 AM

The only thing I can see getting rid of the green stripe on the top.  But that would leave it too bare.  I quite like the current design,

it doesn't remind me of the past.  Which is probably a good thing.

#17 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

http://lifestyletips...source=outbrain

#18 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

I remember fondly a time when certain posters weren't around. Twas a better time those glorious days of yore.

La Belle Époque?

#19 Miss Lonelyhearts

Miss Lonelyhearts

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

Threads like this make me really not miss the days when the lols assumed I was in charge.

#20 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

This dajestsman cat is a well crafted psychological machination and I for one think it needs to be shot in the face now before it gets out of hand. It's making a mockery of everything that our add-inducing, internet browsing culture stands for and if allowed to continue, trolling will take on a new life that I fear will run completely rampant. Kill him, now.

Brain Oddities: Spelling is Irrelevant to Comprehension

http://www.ritholtz....evant-spelling/

http://whydoeseveryt...eficit.html?m=1

#21 BroadwayJets

BroadwayJets

NFL Free Agent

• Members
  • 723 posts
  • LocationNY/FL

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

At least we don't have the browns' uniforms

new-york-jets-logo.jpg

#22 BroadwayJets

BroadwayJets

NFL Free Agent

• Members
  • 723 posts
  • LocationNY/FL

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

I do not believe there would be a better way to re-create our jets unless we changed it to a modern jet, like a blue angel or some sh*t. (green angel) I can actually see that being pretty cool, but I like how it is now.

new-york-jets-logo.jpg

#23 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

I do not believe there would be a better way to re-create our jets unless we changed it to a modern jet, like a blue angel or some sh*t. (green angel) I can actually see that being pretty cool, but I like how it is now.

I'd love to see them put an "LA" in front of the word "Jets."

#24 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,885 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

GFY troll

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#25 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

Love to see LA in front of your address..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users