we need a new helmet design...

dajetsman

I love the jets.  we are the green and white.  I get it.  I love it.  however...is there a reason we can't get a little jolt to our swag with a new helmet design?  when nike took over the uniforms everyone was asked if they wanted a change and the jets said, "no...really we're cool with a white helmet and a green egg that somewhat resembles a football on it..."  huh?  i'm not saying to go seattle crazy with the neon or bucs nuts with the glow in the dark numbers...but someone, anyone... please change our helmet!  I actually loved the 80's hunter green helmet with the slick jets logo where the "j" turns into an abstraction of a plane.  our main color is green not white...

and as far as those people sending in pics of these space-aged costumes that look like power ranger outfits sporting all the blacks and silvers...guys guess what?  while black and silver may be cool...ok, very cool, THEY ARE NOT OUR COLORS! those are taken by the raiders.  black and white?  yea the raiders have that too.  we have zero black in our colors...no silver either so forget the chrome facemask.  we only have two colors:  green and white.  so if you are going to take hours to make some impressive 3-d models of what you feel the outfits should look like, please stick to the color scheme.  i'm all for bringing in new bold stuff but you can't change the foundation of who we are.

opinions welcome my jets brethren. 

I love the jets.  we are the green and white.  I get it.  I love it.  however...is there a reason we can't get a little jolt to our swag with a new helmet design?  when nike took over the uniforms everyone was asked if they wanted a change and the jets said, "no...really we're cool with a white helmet and a green egg that somewhat resembles a football on it..."  huh?  i'm not saying to go seattle crazy with the neon or bucs nuts with the glow in the dark numbers...but someone, anyone... please change our helmet!  I actually loved the 80's hunter green helmet with the slick jets logo where the "j" turns into an abstraction of a plane.  our main color is green not white...

and as far as those people sending in pics of these space-aged costumes that look like power ranger outfits sporting all the blacks and silvers...guys guess what?  while black and silver may be cool...ok, very cool, THEY ARE NOT OUR COLORS! those are taken by the raiders.  black and white?  yea the raiders have that too.  we have zero black in our colors...no silver either so forget the chrome facemask.  we only have two colors:  green and white.  so if you are going to take hours to make some impressive 3-d models of what you feel the outfits should look like, please stick to the color scheme.  i'm all for bringing in new bold stuff but you can't change the foundation of who we are.

opinions welcome my jets brethren.

No. Just no.

This dajestsman cat is a well crafted psychological machination and I for one think it needs to be shot in the face now before it gets out of hand. It's making a mockery of everything that our add-inducing, internet browsing culture stands for and if allowed to continue, trolling will take on a new life that I fear will run completely rampant. Kill him, now.

Brain Oddities: Spelling is Irrelevant to Comprehension

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/12/brain-oddities-irrelevant-spelling/

http://whydoeseverythingsuck.com/2008/05/internet-causes-add-attention-deficit.html?m=1

I do not believe there would be a better way to re-create our jets unless we changed it to a modern jet, like a blue angel or some sh*t. (green angel) I can actually see that being pretty cool, but I like how it is now.

I'd love to see them put an "LA" in front of the word "Jets."

I wish the Jets go back to these throwbacks actually. Maybe because these were the helmets that were in use when I became a fan. I've always loved this logo.

57401555866697.jpg

Ditto!

Ditto!

It's almost senseless to use the ugly titans uniforms as compared to these Jet uniforms.

1) They're green, like the um, Jet uniforms

2) They're Jet uniforms, like um, Jet uniforms, name etc

3) The others are ******* ugly, like Penn State puked on Purdue

4) A larger percentage of the fanbase has a nostaglic attachment to the Jet uniforms from that time period, just look at the usernames here

5) I own an 80's jersey

Archived