NY Rangers vs LA Kings Stanley Cup Finals

NYJetsVets91

128753798_slide.jpg

NY vs LA. Who do you like in this match up for the Stanley Cup Finals? Many people prefer the Kings saying both of the Western candidates are better than the Rangers. On paper, that may be the case... Although, personally I think with the momentum and comradery the Rangers have they will take it. Not to mention Henrik Lundqvist, one of the best, if not the best goalie in the game right now. Either way I anticipate a hard fought series, and am looking forward to it. The puck drops at the Staples Center Wednesday night.

The Rangers were 2-0 against Chicago this year and 1-1 against the Kings and the game they lost was a 1-0 game on a disputed goal. 

Yet no one thinks the Rangers have a shot.

I don't get it....

The Rangers are probably playing their best hockey of the year. They skated Montreal into the ground, they came back against a Pittsburgh team that many feel was the best offense in the NHL and held them to 3 goals in the last 3 games. 

I think the Rangers D right now is playing better than the Kings D

I think Lundqvist has had a better playoff right now than Quick.

The Kings are coming off their 3rd straight seven game series and will have two days to get ready. The Rangers will have had 5 days off and will be the fresher team. The Rangers have probably been the best road team this season so I think they should be able to get at least a split in LA.

No one give the Rangers a chance....I give them a great chance. I think as the series moves on they will start to wear the Kings with their speed, same way they did Montreal.

I am not going to make a prediction but I think you know who I like :)

Most will pick the kings- based on supposed superiority of the Western Conference. they are a real good team- Quick has not been as good in these playoffs as two years ago when LA rode him.

Kings are clear favorites but Rangers in 6.

Quick has been shaky and the Kings have played too much hockey this postseason without enough time off. Rangers rolling 4 lines deep will wear them out.

It's cheaper to buy a plane ticket to LA and scalp a seat than it would be to get into MSG for Game 3.

Hockey. The who's who of New York.

New York has always been a front runner sports town

Refs gave this game to the Kings. Not even a Rangers fan but I hate LA with a passion so I was rooting for them. The goalie interference on Lundqvist goal was bullsh*t, Kings always get no call crap like this. Game was a disgrace. What makes me rage even more is that I saw a couple of douchebags in the stands wearing Lakers gear. SMH, sums up the average Kings fan their, bunch of idiots who know nothing about the team and only like them cause their good and in LA. ******* bandwagoners.

Refs gave this game to the Kings. Not even a Rangers fan but I hate LA with a passion so I was rooting for them. The goalie interference on Lundqvist goal was bullsh*t, Kings always get no call crap like this. Game was a disgrace. What makes me rage even more is that I saw a couple of douchebags in the stands wearing Lakers gear. SMH, sums up the average Kings fan their, bunch of idiots who know nothing about the team and only like them cause their good and in LA. ******* bandwagoners.

It was a borderline call. The Rangers were lucky not to get called for diving twice in the first overtime. Its been a very close and entertaining series. The Kings just have had a little more offensive firepower. Don't fall into the refs thing.

The Rangers got called for the same thing in the second period.

The thing I hate about the goaltender interference is that it is such a judgement call. I have seen in the playoffs a number of guys get called for it when they are crosschecked into the goalie and I have seen guys get called for snowing the goalie.

So did the Rangers get screwed on it ? Yeah. 

But they also had over 40 minutes of playing time after that to do something about it and they didn't. Richards misses an open net, Krieder hits the post on a breakaway.

It is not that the Kings have more firepower. What I do think they are are probably the most mentally tough team I have seen in a long time. Down 3-0 to San Jose, no problem. Down 3-2 to Anaheim, Win Game 7's on the road. Those are signs of not a good mentally tough team but a GREAT mentally tough team.

All that being said, The only things the Rangers have not done is win. The only period I think the Kings dominated was the 3rd in game 1. 

This series is FAR from over. 

Kings are the better team and Rangers are likely toast, but they just need to win game 3 to steady themselves. They have 2 win 2 at the Garden. Can they? I dont know be suse theyve been bad in the 3rd periodof both games.

In any event, the ice at the Garden will be better. Yes, I do believe the Kings intentionally muked up the ice to counter the Rangers speed. Its like in baseball when home teams make the infield dirt wetter to slow down teams with base stealers.

Rangers need to stop turning the puck over in the defensive zone. Richards was a liability out there last night.

Last, that was cleary goaltender interference. It was more egregious than the same penalty against the Rangers.

The Rangers only saving grace is that Quick has not been good at all this postseason. Rangers just can't stop the Kings assault when it matters.

This is for their season tonight.

A major concern is that I think the Kings size is wearing the Rangers down before the Rangers can wear the Kings down with their speed. That's troubling because if Rangers don't have speed they have nothing. It's not as if the Kings can lose their size.

This reminds me of the Boston series last year

Game 2 seemed to take their heart out. 10-0 before that when leading after 2.

At least this will make the compliance buyout of Richards easier

Yeah, game 2 sealed it. They just looked tired last night....Kings are a machine right now. I mean Quick played really well, but do we have to shoot it right at him?

Stranger things have happened... Game 1 and 2 we're extremely close. Game 2 in my opinion, was handed to the Kings. The Kings came back from a 0-3 series to win and get in the semi finals. At this point obviously it's still looking bleak, but this series isn't over. If the Rangers can manage a win in LA they can gain some serious momentum.

Ok I see we have some real intelligent comments in here- back on track - Kings are really relentless but first two games were tossups- no reason to think they are so much better than the Rangers

Archived