NFL Owner of Falcons says London will get a team in the future

faba

Not to sound like a complete nationalist, but this is Americas game and it should stay that way. Goodell needs to cut the s***.

Completely agree with this.

The rest of the world doesn't even know American football exists, why bother trying to take it international. 

Don't know if it would make any sense putting a team to London. Don't even know what's behind the fact that they sell out every game at Wembley IMMEDIATELY. Maybe it's just because the rest of Europe buys all them tickets. Not sure if England has such a strong addiction to Football where even DARTS(!!) is way more popular.

What makes total sense to me is relocating the Bills to Tornto. It works for the Blue Jays In the AL East, so why shouldn't it work in the AFC East. This would make the Super Bowl Champions real "World Champions" (sort of) and that stupid "We are the real New York Team nonsense would finally stop

The wembley game sells out for the same reason the european soccer clubs sell out their games in America during the summer. People from all over the place are attending because it's a one-off event, and their only chance to see the best players from the sport in their backyard. The Wembley game draws fans from all over England and Europe. It's hard to imagine those fans turning up week after week. The majority of English people don't give a damn about the sport.

Moving the Bills makes no sense either. They have a really loyal fan base up there and the whole city gets behind the team. Good attendances as well. Toronto already has the Argonauts and not many of their football fans follow the Bills.

People talk about the advantage of playing for a team that has no state income tax, how does that work when players have to pay British taxes? Can't imagine that going too well.

People talk about the advantage of playing for a team that has no state income tax, how does that work when players have to pay British taxes? Can't imagine that going too well.

that is a problem. The taxes overseas make NY look like Florida. 

You know who has the worst attendance in the last 5-6 years? The Oakland Raiders. The Raiders have been dead last in attendance in four of the last six years and in the years they weren't last, they were 29th and 31st. 

The Raiders ticket sales are so bad they, like the Jaguars, have started tarping off sections of their stadium to avoid blackouts. 

Here's the big differences: Without the tarps, Everbank Field in Jacksonville holds 76,867. With the tarps, it holds 67,246. Without the tarps, Oakland Coliseum holds 64,200 (3,000 less than the Jags stadium tarped,) with the tarps it only holds 53,200. 

Oh, and did I mention the relative populations of Oakland and Jacksonville? Oakland part of the sixth largest TV market in the US. Jacksonville is 47th. 

Heinz Field only holds 65,500. Soldier Field holds 63,500. CenturyLink Field in Seattle holds 67,000. 

I like having an NFL team in my little jerkwater town. Take a team away from a city that truly sucks like Oakland or Detroit. 

Oh, and did I mention the relative populations of Oakland and Jacksonville? Oakland part of the sixth largest TV market in the US. Jacksonville is 47th. 

Jacksonville is the largest city in the USA. The problem is they suck and only give a crap about college football and fishing and shunning the evils of indoor plumbing and toothpaste. The fact that Oakland also sucks is incidental.

And given all that, having a home team in London is still 1000x dumber than keeping teams in these loser USA cities.

Archived