2014 World Cup - Brazil

Jetsfan80

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belgium was struggling against Algeria until a pair of goals by substitutes.  The winner of this group is our likely knockout phase opponent so I'm pleased to see the group favorites weren't overly impressive.

I'm rooting for Russia to win the group, however.  A USA-Russia knockout match would be outstanding.

Belgium was struggling against Algeria until a pair of goals by substitutes.  The winner of this group is our likely knockout phase opponent so I'm pleased to see the group favorites weren't overly impressive.

I'm rooting for Russia to win the group, however.  A USA-Russia knockout match would be outstanding.

USA-Korea would be pretty exciting. Either way, not much to fear from this group [if we qualify].

No sh*t. Spain doesn't make it out and the U.S. makes it out of the GoD. Up is down, down is up...

Gotta earn at least a point on Portugal before we make that official.  We were out-shot by Ghana 21-8 so we'll need to play substantially better.  Another Capt Obv statement, I know.

Gotta earn at least a point on Portugal before we make that official. We were out-shot by Ghana 21-8 so we'll need to play substantially better. Another Capt Obv statement, I know.

Absolutely. But I think in terms of matchups strictly from a style standpoint, Ghana was going to be our toughest opponent. Especially with this type of weather. I know this isn't a time to get cocky but I think we're going to draw the next two. Especially if we get Jozy back by Germany.

It really is hilarious. Dude's the most polarizing player until he gets hurt, now everyone misses him.

Absolutely. But I think in terms of matchups strictly from a style standpoint, Ghana was going to be our toughest opponent. Especially with this type of weather. I know this isn't a time to get cocky but I think we're going to draw the next two. Especially if we get Jozy back by Germany.

It really is hilarious. Dude's the most polarizing player until he gets hurt, now everyone misses him.

I was never on Altidore's bad side.  He's got a size/speed combo unmatched by previous Team USA players.  When he makes the turn in the box no defender can stop him. 

Then again, I'm an idiot and a homer.  I still like Brek Shea.  I called him the "Mexico killer".

Archived