80s Villains Mafia - Game Over

Leelou

It makes plenty of sense for him to throw out an early vote on a teammate just to start the game by distancing and create later WIFOM.  It also makes sense for him to leave his vote when he realizes that he might be a potential lynch for the day because it too creates WIFOM and doesn't provide as much info.  I don't want to get into the pointless conjecture of discerning what possible thoughts 80 may use to reason out his actions but your argument is wrong at a base level.  Keep open and ward against that train of thought.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darthe's top 2 scum reads

Actually, for the point of it let me do this.  Scum to Town.

10. Nol

3. Wwwwwwwwwwwwwombat

6. AVM

8. Pac
4. Smash
5. JC
7. JiF
11. Hallia

1. Lizzie
13. Crusher

2. Arsis

Practically no read on the middle of that list.

Arsis, in reply to Nolder, accusing him of helping Wombat:

This just comes across as you starting up a competing train to cover for wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwombat

Darthe in direct reply to Arsis... saying that it's unlikely that Nolder and Wombat are on a team together? Despite being his 1& 2 Scum Reads?

Much as I would like it if they were on a team together it seems unlikely.

Random WIFOM when taken together, looks scummy in light of above:

Doing it wrong.

Doing it right.

Unvote vote Nolder

It doesn't matter where 80 was on Nol's train.  That can be an early game bus.  The same that it doesn't matter that I find both him and Womby odd looking this game.  I don't think they can be scum together.

^^@ Darthe, so you're saying this is was an early gambit between 80 and Nolder, that on page 2 they started voting each other. Possible but doubtful

Cant imagine he would care on page 3. Nol is fake scumhunting. Lock: vote Nol

Lock vote on page 4, nice...would laugh off if not your top read still

counter claim: Doc

I'll hammer if you get us there.

Nolder goes "Why did you CC?!?"...another good observation...unless the CC was more wifom...

I did not self protect last night.

Discuss

And now the mafia gets to WIFOM whether or not I will self protect or try to save someone else.  I have three targets in mind, one of which is me.  Let's play roulette.  

Also, if I die Nol is my best bet as mafia for his interactions with 80 and that thing he said about Crush.  Both reek considering that flip.

Unvote, vote Darthe

Nolder is confused town

Darthe in direct reply to Arsis... saying that it's unlikely that Nolder and Wombat are on a team together? Despite being his 1& 2 Scum Reads?

^^@ Darthe, so you're saying this is was an early gambit between 80 and Nolder, that on page 2 they started voting each other. Possible but doubtful

Nolder goes "Why did you CC?!?"...another good observation...unless the CC was more wifom...

Unvote, vote Darthe

Nolder is confused town

I like this post. I was thinking to myself that if we get a few town lynches in a row directed by Darthe that he pulled a great move as scum to cc his own teammate.

Vote JC

I know why I've been playing with minimal effort.  I don't know why he hasn't at least given the appearance of someone who's interested.  This is his first game in months.  Plus 80 did that silly thing he does where he votes a scummate out of the gates.  Not saying I'm 100% sure JC is scum but feel pretty good about it.

Vote JC

I know why I've been playing with minimal effort. I don't know why he hasn't at least given the appearance of someone who's interested. This is his first game in months. Plus 80 did that silly thing he does where he votes a scummate out of the gates. Not saying I'm 100% sure JC is scum but feel pretty good about it.

Why have you been playing with minimal effort?

His contradiction of his own list is pure wifom which is pure scum. Bush league.

A) You're an idiot

B) I already stated my entire reasoning for the reads and the seemingly contrary nature of them.  I find both Nol and Womby scummy (top two) but don't think they will be together.  If I am wrong about one it makes the other more likely to be right imo thus I cannot leave either off the list.  The only WIFOM there is any that you introduce by trying to play up this angle and ignoring the statements made about the dichotomy of this relationship.  

A) You're an idiot

B) I already stated my entire reasoning for the reads and the seemingly contrary nature of them.  I find both Nol and Womby scummy (top two) but don't think they will be together.  If I am wrong about one it makes the other more likely to be right imo thus I cannot leave either off the list.  The only WIFOM there is any that you introduce by trying to play up this angle and ignoring the statements made about the dichotomy of this relationship.  

So, the bold has been consistent nudging from you, pushing both Nolder and Wombat. 

You created a List on page 4 and called Nolder a Mortal Lock which is a joke. You're saying lynching either/or is only going to make it "More Likely" that the other is scum, and yet you put them as the top of your list? How about some definitive proof first? How is this line of thought Town?

Right, you've attempted no WIFOM on the below:

Counter Claimed on page 5

Pushed the Doc Claim a few more times

State "I like absolutely none of the people voting save myself.  That sucks." of which I am one, and was your 2nd strongest town read just yesterday? Lol.

So, the bold has been consistent nudging from you, pushing both Nolder and Wombat.

You created a List on page 4 and called Nolder a Mortal Lock which is a joke. You're saying lynching either/or is only going to make it "More Likely" that the other is scum, and yet you put them as the top of your list? How about some definitive proof first? How is this line of thought Town?

Right, you've attempted no WIFOM on the below:

Counter Claimed on page 5

Pushed the Doc Claim a few more times

State "I like absolutely none of the people voting save myself. That sucks." of which I am one, and was your 2nd strongest town read just yesterday? Lol.

I was his first.

Unvote, vote Darthe

Nolder is confused town

I like this observation but prefer Nolder at this point.

Vote Nolder

Vote JC

I know why I've been playing with minimal effort.  I don't know why he hasn't at least given the appearance of someone who's interested.  This is his first game in months.  Plus 80 did that silly thing he does where he votes a scummate out of the gates.  Not saying I'm 100% sure JC is scum but feel pretty good about it.

Lazy Pac is usually scum.  

You haven't played in a year and are going to call out his meta now?

Don't think i've been MIA for a year but who knows...either way...Pac usually acts like a bull in a china shop in the early going...when scum he lazily points out the obvious and runs and hides.

You haven't played in a year and are going to call out his meta now?

The amount of time he hasn't played has nothing to do with anything...

Pac isn't playing like his towm self.

Darthe was looking pristine now not so much.

Crusher was playing without knowing his alignment which is double mafia.

Is this your running gag? I think you've said it in every game :rl:

Don't think i've been MIA for a year but who knows...either way...Pac usually acts like a bull in a china shop in the early going...when scum he lazily points out the obvious and runs and hides.

So then why are you voting Nolder, while also saying my post on Darthe made sense? Shouldn't you go with your strongest read and vote Pac?

Ok so I originally voted LK today just for reactions.

I had no plan coming into Day 2, no real reads.

I went back and read the entire game so far and I am now reaffirming my vote on LK and presenting it as my official pick for scum.

My thoughts on this to follow.

Right behind LK is Pac.

I also don't feel great about JC but unless someone here is 3rd party it doesn't make sense balance wise I think so maybe he just needs to talk more.

Ok so I went back rereading with the knowledge that 80 is mafia and Crusher is town.

I specifically went looking for anyone seeming to ignore 80 or being ignored by 80.

In my experience these tend to be people who are communicating off thread.

And right on Page 1 He votes 80, without reason of course (is there history here? No, LK is still a fairly new player), and 80 ignores him completely. This is in contrast to the next person who votes him, me, which garners an immediate vote cloaked in a joke.

We also noted that Night 1 was taking awhile to end.

It could be innocent but LK was the first to post immediately after Night ended.

Could be he was just there at the right time. Could also be he just sent in the kill and was waiting to see the results.

Reacts to Wombats vote with incredulity, no actual defense. Then after I follow Wombat and vote him he...calls me misguided town and OMGUSes Wombat even though I was the one that voted with no case at all. And again he fails to mount any defense or even a case on Wombat, opting instead to "see what happens".

He then follows up with unvoting Wombat and voting Darthe, the claimed doc. Again calling me a misguided townie.

JC comes in and follows some...case LK concocted on Darthe but turns around and votes me which LK defends. Why? I have not played a particularly clean game so far. Not that I think I'm playing dirty either but I see no reason for LK to have such a good read on me he's going to constantly call me out as townie and defend me from other players attacks. 

None of this looks good to me. My gut says LK is mafia and I'm sticking with it.

Ok so I went back rereading with the knowledge that 80 is mafia and Crusher is town.

I specifically went looking for anyone seeming to ignore 80 or being ignored by 80.

And right on Page 1 He votes 80, without reason of course (is there history here? No, LK is still a fairly new player), and 80 ignores him completely. This is in contrast to the next person who votes him, me, which garners an immediate vote cloaked in a joke.

It could be innocent but LK was the first to post immediately after Night ended.

Could be he was just there at the right time. Could also be he just sent in the kill and was waiting to see the results.

Reacts to Wombats vote with incredulity, no actual defense. Then after I follow Wombat and vote him he...calls me misguided town and OMGUSes Wombat even though I was the one that voted with no case at all. And again he fails to mount any defense or even a case on Wombat, opting instead to "see what happens".

He then follows up with unvoting Wombat and voting Darthe, the claimed doc. Again calling me a misguided townie.

JC comes in and follows some...case LK concocted on Darthe but turns around and votes me which LK defends. Why? I have not played a particularly clean game so far. Not that I think I'm playing dirty either but I see no reason for LK to have such a good read on me he's going to constantly call me out as townie and defend me from other players attacks. 

None of this looks good to me. My gut says LK is mafia and I'm sticking with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IcK4S5lDE0

tumblr_l5qhhhVWmU1qcs2ab.jpg

Lets lynch him anyway..  if it's true he'd only be protecting the biggest detriment to the town most of the game anyway.

Vote JC

According you your earlier post you should be voting Darthe, no? 

Archived